Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Rep Power: 236801
Badboy's 2012 final mock
I expect this one to cause as much discussion and "OH NO! What are you thinking!" as others. I hope you read the entire thread before lashing out as I will lay out my thinking before & possibly after the rounds.
First I want to state that most of my picks from earlier mocks will not be available now such as Kendall Wright. Many are saying he drops to 2nd but I say lol. I am drafting heavy on receivers as most needy position. JJ needs to go and LeStar and Maehl while interesting have little for us to contemplate. If either succeeds, lucky us but not willing to gamble there. OLB is not on my mock and that probably will send many of you to ER. Prior to draft, we have exactly same OLBs we played most of the season with & that depth held up well. I am not drafting OLB before third due to other needs and no OLB 4th and later would beat out what we have.
1. Donta Hightower ILB/OLB Alabama 6'2" 265 4.62 vert: 32" arms 32 5/8
Demeco who? Dont'a starts day one ILB and takes some pressure off Cush who should be even better. This guy strengthens the nose in helping to shut down run. 2011 was first year back from season ending knee surgery & will be even better '12. I mock him mid-season and many thought I was crazy. Some of you now agree.
In '11 he showed increased speed and lateral quickness (knee). 2011 stats:
85 T, 11 TFLs, 4 sacks, 1 INT, 3 passed batted. If Reed or Barwin goes down, he can move to OLB. This actually adds a player to OLB depth. His physique makes AJ look like Clark Kent.
2. Marvin McNutt WR Iowa 6'3" 216 4.54 I started focusing in mid '11 and was impressed. Stats prob better if he was in a high octane O. Solid WR2 with good hands, routes, vert 37" (caramba!)arms 31 5/8" 82/1315 12 TDs
3. Mike Martin Michigan NT 6' 1 3/8" 36" vert 225 bench 36x extremely strong upper/lower with great anchor, tremendous motor, effective bull rush, sheds double teams & collapses pocket. Allows Mitchell to move back to DE.
4a. Tommy Streeter WR Miami, Fla. 6'4" 215 4.40 vert 33" 46/811 8 TDs. Some will say I'm reaching and I say next AJ in two years. Red Zone that all want.
4b. Ryan Broyles slot/PR OKLA 5'10" 192 4.46 (projected) drops to here only due to injury. Stats in shortened '11 83/1157 Perfect slot and PR career 108/1194 11.1
5. Winston Guy SS/FS/CB Kentucky 6'1"218 who was moved last season to hybrid LB to take advantage of his tackling. He is the utlimate safety for Wade's defense. I've watched for 2 years & mocked him last draft but he returned school. '11: 120T, 14 TFL, 2 passes batted, 2INTs, 1 fumble Career tackling machine who might be gone as high as 3rd. I think move to LB may have cost him. 2010 he ran unofficial 4.46 but I lost link.
6. Randy Bullock K Texas A&M 5'9" 212 29/33 FG 55/57 extra pts. Draft or lose. No good UDFA kickers
7. Lonnie Edwards LG Texas Tech 6'4" 322 3 year starter LG. Move Wade Smith to RG to solidify right side and assist Butler. More action to that side now. Edwards to start between Brown and Myers. TT's high powered offense allows Edwards more experience and he fits perfectly zone blocking.
UDFAs: Chad Diehl FB CLemson 6'2" 257 one trick pony but exactly what's needed.
UDFAs: TBob Hebert (yeah that guy's son) LSU C/OG 6'3" 300 started 11 center 2010 and 5 OG 2011. Myer's replacement 2-3 yrs.
UDFA: at least one QB & a TE
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|