Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 04-04-2012   #161
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nike: Outfitters for the NFL and your Houston Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dre View Post
Can't wait to see the Battle Red uniforms..
Myers

Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #162
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we really doing this still??????

Give me some really positive -OR negative news about the Houston Texans, because at the end of the day I give a damn about the rat's ass as it relates to the uni!!
Old 04-04-2012   #163
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Are we really doing this still??????

Give me some really positive -OR negative news about the Houston Texans, because at the end of the day I give a damn about the rat's ass as it relates to the uni!!
I don't really give a rat's ass about anyone's take on our cap numbers, since it's all guesses except what's actually published. But it's regarding the team, so it's discussed.

Anyway, I hope it's the quality of the pic, but that looks more like "Battle Red-Orange" than Battle Red. If that's an accurate representation, then not a fan.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #164
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans horn (on locker) in the Myers battle red photo is also orange'ish...so I think it's the lighting or the camera had a flash that washed out the red, making it orange'ish.
Old 04-04-2012   #165
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Myers looks uncomfortable.

Something about the pants and the sleeves just doesn't seem quite right.

But if they say it feels good, great.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #166
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The Texans horn (on locker) in the Myers battle red photo is also orange'ish...so I think it's the lighting or the camera had a flash that washed out the red, making it orange'ish.
Good point. I should've caught that. sigh.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #167
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I think the red unis look a hell of a lot better than the blue ones. For me, it seems like the thick collar is more tolerable aesthetically.
Old 04-04-2012   #168
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The shoes

OK, that's very different. Anyone care to speculate on the cost of a Nike authentic jersey? The Reeboks listed for $225. I'm thinking the Nikes go for $300.

I saw this and now must have them.
Old 04-04-2012   #169
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...6-77adc36c7496

all the uniforms are here, blue red and white
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #170
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post

thanks...and those are awful. Are they expecting cleavage? What's up with seeing the pads in the chest area? This is new and improved huh? When did we go to the orange? What are we gonna call that? Obtuse Orange?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #171
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
thanks...and those are awful. Are they expecting cleavage? What's up with seeing the pads in the chest area? This is new and improved huh? When did we go to the orange? What are we gonna call that? Obtuse Orange?
they're more form-fitting compared to the reebok's....bad news for the fatties on the team.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #172
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
they're more form-fitting compared to the reebok's....bad news for the fatties on the team.
I'm used to seeing the fat guys being fat...but those pads sticking through the front of the gargantuan V neck just kinda....well, blows. It looks like they mis-measured the uniform collar. Are you sure this isn't the cheerleader mockups?

What's up with the orange or is my color blindness just worse than it was yesterday?

Old 04-04-2012   #173
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
EIGHT pages so far of FASHION analysis by primarily the GUYS of TexansTalk!! You guys make my day!!

LOVE ya all!!
Gma
Hey, talking football uni changes does NOT count as "talking fashion"!
this is NOT a

violation.

....is it?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012   #174
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm used to seeing the fat guys being fat...but those pads sticking through the front of the gargantuan V neck just kinda....well, blows. It looks like they mis-measured the uniform collar. Are you sure this isn't the cheerleader mockups?

What's up with the orange or is my color blindness just worse than it was yesterday?

The orange where red should be and the "black" where steel blue should be has to be the effect of bad locker room lighting. It's not you, its the bad lighting. I'm thinking the colors would look truer if they'd taken these photos in sunlight.
Old 04-04-2012   #175
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
The orange where red should be and the "black" where steel blue should be has to be the effect of bad locker room lighting. It's not you, its the bad lighting. I'm thinking the colors would look truer if they'd taken these photos in sunlight.
yeah, thanks...all I know is when I see a plunging neckline like that, I expect to see boobs...and I'm not talking Casserly and Carr.

Old 04-04-2012   #176
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post

Thanks, I like the slight changes!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #177
le14
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 le14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famerle14 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The shoes

OK, that's very different. Anyone care to speculate on the cost of a Nike authentic jersey? The Reeboks listed for $225. I'm thinking the Nikes go for $300.

I saw this and now must have them.
Authentic's are $250, not that bad. I'm hoping to get a reebok one for under $100 but man, the fitment is soooo bad on the reeboks
le14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #178
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99520 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by le14 View Post
Authentic's are $250, not that bad. I'm hoping to get a reebok one for under $100 but man, the fitment is soooo bad on the reeboks
Like I said earlier in this thread, the $250 price tag on auth jerseys is going to keep the Asian knock-off people in business for a good while.

Looking around Reliant and just watching NFL games on TV I am seeing more Asian knock off jerseys than real licensed jerseys (both replica and authentics combined). Personally I don't get it. The NFL could sell auth jerseys for around $80 and those flimsy replicas for around $30 and still make a huge profit. I would think most serious fans would opt to spend $80 maybe even $100 for a real NFL jersey over spending say $30 for an Asian knock off. However at $250 probably 80% or more will keep buying the auth knock off. Bottom line is if the NFL lowered their prices they would probably make a lot more money.

Personally, if I spend $250 for a football jersey I would probably have to shell out thousands more for divorce proceedings.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012   #179
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
yeah, thanks...all I know is when I see a plunging neckline like that, I expect to see boobs...and I'm not talking Casserly and Carr.

that zinger deserves a rep!
+1!!
Old 04-05-2012   #180
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Like I said earlier in this thread, the $250 price tag on auth jerseys is going to keep the Asian knock-off people in business for a good while.

Looking around Reliant and just watching NFL games on TV I am seeing more Asian knock off jerseys than real licensed jerseys (both replica and authentics combined). Personally I don't get it. The NFL could sell auth jerseys for around $80 and those flimsy replicas for around $30 and still make a huge profit. I would think most serious fans would opt to spend $80 maybe even $100 for a real NFL jersey over spending say $30 for an Asian knock off. However at $250 probably 80% or more will keep buying the auth knock off. Bottom line is if the NFL lowered their prices they would probably make a lot more money.

Personally, if I spend $250 for a football jersey I would probably have to shell out thousands more for divorce proceedings.
Part of me wants to get those knock offs because they're so dang cheap, but the other part of me refuses because they look awful. I just can't get past those thick, shiny numbers.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read