Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-18-2012   #161
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans random thought of the day

Im more worried about next years FA group than this seasons ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012   #162
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Im more worried about next years FA group than this seasons ....
I'm not too worried about it yet, we'll see how the draft goes. Hopefully we'll have a replacement at #2WR and maybe #3, then we can cut Jones if we haven't already, and maybe Walter if we need the room. If we had to, we could look at OD and/or DeMeco. Then, you can start restructuring if need be, and/or you backload some of th re-signs, because we'll be getting into the years where the cap should go up due to the TV contracts.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #163
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

and we get to play Manning in Denver next year
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #164
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't think this warranted a new thread

Quote:
Few teams have seen more talent leave in the last couple of weeks than Houston, which has seen Mario Williams sign a huge contract elsewhere, traded DeMeco Ryans and released Eric Winston, among others. Texans coach Gary Kubiak acknowledges that’s going to hurt.

“Obviously, it’s been a difficult 10 days,” Kubiak told John McClain of the Houston Chronicle. “We’ve lost some key players who are tremendous people and leaders. They played a big part in our building process. It’s going to be difficult to replace them, but obviously we have to move on and other players have to step up.”

The Texans are coming off by far their best season in franchise history, reaching the playoffs for the first time, and it’s been surprising to see just how many players from last year’s team won’t be back this year. Other players who have left include tight end Joel Dreessen, guard Mike Brisiel, cornerback Jason Allen, fullback Lawrence Vickers and quarterback Matt Leinart.

Kubiak lamented in particular that the Texans weren’t able to retain players from their strong 2006 draft class, which included Williams first overall, Ryans in the second round and Winston in the third round.

“I’ve never been part of a better draft class in all my years of coaching,” Kubiak said.

And he may have never been part of a worse first couple weeks of free agency.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ult-offseason/

While thinking with my heart, I was pissed when the Ryans trade just went through, but when the blood finally went back up to my teeny tiny brain, I knew it had to be done.

I knew that the Texans have some big contracts that are coming up next year and expected something to be done, I was just hoping to have one more year with Ryans .
Old 03-26-2012   #165
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

my random thought of the day is simple...

when your mantra is to build through the draft and you draft Safetys and cornerbacks for a decade and can't come out with a reliable starter, you sign expensive, overpriced FA's so that you have to cut your actual draft picks.....well, that's nice.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #166
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

2006 was a good draft. 2010 was a good draft. My thought? Hope we don't have to wait 4 years to have another good draft.
Old 04-23-2012   #167
Wolf
100% Texan

Stanford S Michael Thomas had a private workout for the Houston Texans, according to a league source.

From sat

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=782...as-worked-out-
Old 04-23-2012   #168
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
and we get to play Manning in Denver next year
That sumbitch ain't never played against this current "D"!! He should be askeered........ Very askeered!
Old 04-24-2012   #169
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

time keeps on ticking, ticking into the future...

come on NFL draft get here already.
Old 04-24-2012   #170
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
2006 was a good draft. 2010 was a good draft. My thought? Hope we don't have to wait 4 years to have another good draft.
Come on Badboy, I think the Texans have gotten better each year since 2007, which was one of our worst drafts ever.

2007 netted us absolutely nothing
2008 Got us Duane Brown and Steve Slaton was good for a year
2009, this is where it gets fun. Heard of any of these guys?? Cushing, Barwin, Caldwell, Casey, McCain or Nolan?
2010, obviously, the one you alluded to. Was KJax, Big Ben Tate Earl Mitchell and D Sharpton. Shelley Smith is notable, if he can get on the field. I'm liking 2009 better at this point.
2011, I think is safe to say was a pretty dang good draft too. WATT?!?! ring a bell? Reed and Yates also contributed, We still don't know what we have with Harris and Carmichael and Keo. Though it's a little early.

So lets see, 2006 was a good draft, 2007 was horrible, 2008 got us a franchise LT, and a year of solid production from Slaton. 2009, Great draft! And to think Frank Bush had something to do with those defensive aquisitions. 2010, I don't know, let's see how KJax does this year, but it was a good draft. Ben Tate and Earl Mitchell are solid contributors as well as Daryl Sharpton when he's on the field. The 2011 draft, even if only Watt and Reed continue their great and good play, respectively, then it is still a really good draft. Now, if Yates and any of the secondary picks pan out...well, there's another great draft.

Can't wait til Thursday!!!
Old 04-24-2012   #171
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Come on Badboy, I think the Texans have gotten better each year since 2007, which was one of our worst drafts ever.

2009, this is where it gets fun. Heard of any of these guys?? Cushing, Barwin, Caldwell, Casey, McCain or Nolan?
2010, obviously, the one you alluded to. Was KJax, Big Ben Tate Earl Mitchell and D Sharpton. Shelley Smith is notable, if he can get on the field. I'm liking 2009 better at this point.
2011, I think is safe to say was a pretty dang good draft too. WATT?!?! ring a bell? Reed and Yates also contributed, We still don't know what we have with Harris and Carmichael and Keo. Though it's a little early.

So lets see, 2006 was a good draft, 2007 was horrible, 2008 got us a franchise LT, and a year of solid production from Slaton. 2009, Great draft! And to think Frank Bush had something to do with those defensive aquisitions. 2010, I don't know, let's see how KJax does this year, but it was a good draft. Ben Tate and Earl Mitchell are solid contributors as well as Daryl Sharpton when he's on the field. The 2011 draft, even if only Watt and Reed continue their great and good play, respectively, then it is still a really good draft. Now, if Yates and any of the secondary picks pan out...well, there's another great draft.

I'm sure you meant to say *Rookie of the Year* Yates.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #172
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012   #173
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 57173 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012   #174
Wolf
100% Texan

Watch the most comprehensive wrap-up of the Houston Texans' 2012 draft class by viewing ABC-13's draft special in its entirety w/out commercials here: http://bit.ly/Kw4vfC
Old 04-30-2012   #175
Wolf
100% Texan

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-5924ae1b9ae9

Quote:
Quotes: Third day of Texans draft

Posted Apr 28, 2012

The Texans 4th-6th round draft picks and their respective position coaches spoke to the media on Saturday afternoon.

DE Jared Crick
C Ben Jones
WR Keshawn Martin
Offensive Line Coach John Benton
Wide Receivers Coach Larry Kirksey
Asst. Head Coach/Defensive Line Bill Kollar
Kicker Randy Bullock
Special teams coordinator Joe Marciano
Offensive lineman Nick Mondek
Old 06-03-2012   #176
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
was looking for something else but.. goodness gracious Foster blew up Jammer

Old 06-03-2012   #177
Wolf
100% Texan

well we now know who took over #12

https://www.facebook.com/HoustonTexans

also Barwin on some drills
Old 07-12-2012   #178
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
DB coach Joseph discusses 2nd-year CBs Harris, Carmichael
Two of the Texans’ most frequently asked-about players by fans are cornerbacks Brandon Harris and Roc Carmichael, a pair of 2011 draft picks who are largely unknown commodities heading into their second NFL seasons.

Harris was a second-round pick out of Miami (Fla.) last year. The Texans liked him so much that they traded up into the end of the second round to get him. But he played in only nine games as a rookie, mostly on special teams and rarely on defense as the Texans improved from 32nd to second against the pass and 30th to second overall.

“That’s not his fault,” Texans defensive backs coach Vance Joseph said. “Because sometimes, when you draft guys and you just put ‘em out there because you drafted ‘em, that can hurt guys’ growth. We had guys last year who were playing well for us to win. So, I wasn’t down on Harris for not being ready to play last year. And that’s the thing about me. If a guy’s ready to play, I’m gonna play him. If he’s not ready, I’m not gonna play him. It doesn’t matter where he’s drafted, because you can really lose a good corner by playing him too soon, and now he can’t play. So I’d rather sit a guy and when he’s ready to play, play him. That way, he can flourish in his career.”

Joseph was very impressed with Harris (5-10, 195) during the Texans’ three-day mini-camp from June 14-16. Cornerbacks Johnathan Joseph, Kareem Jackson and Brice McCain all sat out of the practices along with other established veterans, giving more reps to Harris and his young cohorts.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-6e1a4053aef3
Old 08-19-2012   #179
Wolf
100% Texan

I have seen things said about "X" player won't be cut because he went to the same college as "X" coach or "x" player won't be cut because he used to play for this coach..

2012 Texans... I don't see that happening.. if you can play in the Texans system, you can play
Old 08-20-2012   #180
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol, I just threw my Texans shirt in the dirty cloths and the wife (Niner fan) asked the rhetorical, but silly question, "Is it REALLY dirty or just dirty?"

I told her it's REALLY dirty, what, with all the dried Niner blood and guts all over it. I don't remember anything after that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read