Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-25-2012   #101
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tebow to the Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Yeah, Elway saw this as his way of getting Tebow off the team without being crucified.

Pretty sure he offered Manning some incredible side incentives to sign (j/k)

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012   #102
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Message to Jets FO.............BEING STUPID IS ITS OWN REWARD!

Tim Tebow greeted by anonymous griping from Jets teammates

Quote:
Mark Sanchez, you’re not alone anymore: Your new backup quarterback is being questioned by anonymous quotes from teammates, too.

Tim Tebow’s trade has just become official, and already unnamed Jets players are talking to reporters about why they don’t think it’s going to work. A New York Post story this morning is headlined “Some Jets wary of Tim circus,” and details that a number of players who will share the locker room with Tebow don’t think he belongs there. None of them, of course, were willing to put their names behind their opinions.

“Several current Jets, who spoke with The Post Saturday, asked not to be quoted but expressed disbelief at the team bringing Tebow in,” the story says. “The idea of a backup quarterback having a press conference is something they can’t wrap their heads around, and they know it’s just the beginning.”

The Jets have led the league in anonymous quotes since the season ended, with unnamed players opining to reporters about topics like Sanchez lacking the leadership the team needs and Santonio Holmes being a divisive presence in the locker room. That has led to a backlash, with Sanchez ripping anonymous sources as “gutless,” and Jets coach Rex Ryan saying anonymous sources don’t speak for the team.

But anonymous sources do speak for themselves. And some of the anonymous sources in the Jets’ locker room apparently don’t think highly of either Sanchez or Tebow.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #103
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99071 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I work from home and often put on TV sports talk shows in the background. They should just change the name of "ESPN First Take" to "ESPN Tebow Take". Skip Bayless refuses to talk about anything else and it has been that way since Tebow started starting in Denver. What's crazy about this is it it late March.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #104
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN airing the press conference at 11:00 a.m. Central Time.

This morning's SportsCenter said that CNN and even FoxNews have satellite trucks at the facility. The conference is being held in the indoor field house because it's a larger turnout than they traditionally have for Jets pressers.

If Mark Sanchez doesn't ask for a trade, he's a moron. Period. You can't swim against the Tebow tide. You have to let it carry you out to sea and hope you find some driftwood to hold onto. Sanchez is so screwed if he stays.

When your owner and GM schedule a presser to introduce the BACKUP QB, in March, that's a sign from the heavens that your starting QB's days are definitely numbered. MARCH, folks. M-A-R-C-H.
Old 03-26-2012   #105
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Presser on ESPN about to begin.

How many are going to bet he starts off with "First of all, I want to thank my Lord and savior Jesus Christ...."???
Old 03-26-2012   #106
GP 
Go Texans!

Schlereth throwing Tebow under the bus big time. LOL!

"Mark Sanchez is a better QB than Tebow. I have watched many Tebow practices when he was in Denver. He couldn't complete lots of different passes against the Broncos' own secondary players, which says a lot. That is very troubling."

Oh man, this is an alternate universe or something. Is this really happening? Is Tebow real, is my face real? What a strange era in football--Manning in Denver, Sean Payton banned for a year, and Tebow in NY. LMAO.

Brett Favre is seething somewhere in Mississippi right now. He's been eclipsed.

FYI: Schlereth still banging hard on Tebow. He's saying the ONLY thing this acquisition represents is attention-whoring by the Jets. "This is not a football move. It's a get the page 9 in the NY Times move."
Old 03-26-2012   #107
GP 
Go Texans!

OK, here's my shot at typing out what he said at his presser:

He says a few sentences and then says, "First and foremost I want to thank....the Broncos and my time there." Whoa! Had me going there for a second.

He talks like a teenage girl. Lisp, giggling while talking, run-on sentences. Geez. I don't think this guy is the sharpest tool in the shed.

First question was about "How did you find out about the Manning acquisition, tell us about that experience." He says John Fox had a talk with him Wednesday morning, then almost immediately afterward Tebow had a phone call from Rex Ryan telling him (Tebow) that he was now a New York Jets player. Tebow said he was excited and wanted to take the first available flight out to see them in NY. Tebow said other stuff, but he was giggling and lisping and run-on sentencing, so I missed what he said.

Next question was "Everyone talks about how much of a competitor you are, and the Jets said they're bringing you in to back up Mark Sanchez, so as a competitor do you want to be a starter...do you hope to be a starter?" His reply was "Everyone who puts on a uniform, you wanna go out there and you wanna play, that's the way you play the game of football. I'm excited to be a Jet, to go out there and to help this team any way that I can. And whatever my role here is, however I can expand that role..you know, I'm going to try and do that. And every day in practice I want to go out there and compete, and get better as a QB, and figure out any ways possible to help this team in any way that I can." So, he had some good non-answer answers there.

Next question, "By all accounts, people say you're a very high character [person]--" Tebow interrupts and while giggling says, "It's not true." Crowd giggles with him, and the remainder of the question was "With the tension that might exist, and how it might stir up an already tense locker room...what does it mean to you, to hear that sort of thing?" Tebow responds, "Well, I really don't pay too much attention to it. I think the exciting thing is that me and Mark have a great relationship. We have had a good relationship for, I think, the past three years I think. We've been friends, we've texted back and forth, we've talked already, and ummm...uh, we're going to have a great relationship and a great working relationship, and I think we'll have a lot of fun together." What is interesting, in terms of non-verbal communication, is that his smile was gone, no laughter like he had in previous answers, and his eyes darted around all over the place during this answer. Licked his lips at the end of the answer, it was a nervous tick, IMO. Uncomfortable answering that question.

"Have you spoken to Coach Ryan about your role with the team, in terms of the number of touches...you could, by some reports, see as many as 20 touches in the Wildcat formations." he replies, "Well, I have had time to speak with Coach Ryan, and I think a lot of it has to do with how well it works...at practice...umm, you're not just going to put something out there if it's not executed or working real well. It matters how well we do, and how well I pick everything up, and go out there and how well we're doing. My goal is to go out there and, umm, try to execute it as well as I possibly can, and improve every single day, umm, and really feel comfortable with role and expand my role by going out there and competing and doing well, and I think it's just exciting that, umm, he has faith in me and he believes in me as a football player and as a person to bring me and make me a Jet, and I'm excited about the opportunity." So the nervousness subsides, he's back to his safe answers and all is well.

Another question about if Mrs. Sanchez was upset about her role as NY Jets beauty queen and fashion czar now that Tammy Tebow is in NY. And so Tim replies, "When I talked to him, he was excited. And I am excited to work with him, and I have a lot of respect for him, umm, ya' know as a football player, as a person, he's always handled himself with so much class and integrity, and he's won a lot of big games as a quarterback, and I think we'll have a great working relationship...ya' know, we talked about that, and umm just supporting one another, umm, in our roles, and I'm excited about that opportunity. And I think we'll have a great relationship and hopefully we'll thrive together." Licks his lips at the end, pensive look on his face, no laughter or smiling during the whole answer. Eyes darting around everywhere. LOL. Not a good poker player.

OK, enough of the transcription of the presser. You get the jest of the new Jet: He's (a) excited to be a Jet, (b) will work hard to compete in his role, expand his role, help the team however he can, and (c) has a WONDERFUL and GLORIOUS "relationship" with Mark Sanchez and they will go on lots of shopping trips in Manhattan and see lots of Broadway musicals together. Yay!

John Elway is a genius.
Old 03-26-2012   #108
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

THE CIRCUS HAS COME TO TOWN!

When he began thanking everyone..........I was sure that Michael Jackson was back with us.

And the part that "I am looking forward to competing with Mark.".........translation: "I am looking to take that heathen's job."
Old 03-26-2012   #109
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
THE CIRCUS HAS COME TO TOWN!
It couldn't have happened to a more worthy team than the Jets. They are already falling apart with locker room dissent, add to that a dumb ass loonie head coach and now this, and it's perfect. All the Jets need now is to be on Hard Knocks again. I wish the Jets nothing but the worst of luck this season.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #110
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I work from home and often put on TV sports talk shows in the background. They should just change the name of "ESPN First Take" to "ESPN Tebow Take". Skip Bayless refuses to talk about anything else and it has been that way since Tebow started starting in Denver. What's crazy about this is it it late March.
I took off work today, and haven't watched that show in months. I watched it, and of course it was all about Tebow and Sanchez and blah blah blah.

I don't see how ESPN continues to do this, but I guess it's the dumbass viewers that continue to watch ESPN and give it ratings. I watched it for about 15 minutes until I realized it was going to be nothing but Tebow. It still amazes me that there hasn't been another sports network to put ESPN out of business.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #111
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I took off work today, and haven't watched that show in months. I watched it, and of course it was all about Tebow and Sanchez and blah blah blah.

I don't see how ESPN continues to do this, but I guess it's the dumbass viewers that continue to watch ESPN and give it ratings. I watched it for about 15 minutes until I realized it was going to be nothing but Tebow. It still amazes me that there hasn't been another sports network to put ESPN out of business.
I gave up on ESPN a very long time ago. I never have my TV on that channel unless it's a live football game of some sort. I only watch NFLN for my football news now, and only about once a week at the most for them. NFLN is just as hot an heavy into this Tebow crap as the rest of them, but at least the do cover other news.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #112
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like GP's got a fever, and the only prescription is more Tebow!

Old 03-26-2012   #113
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Looks like GP's got a fever, and the only prescription is more Tebow!

Gentlemen, please. Before this regular season is over...we gonna' be wearin' gold plated diapers.

Never question Bruce Dickinson.

Last edited by GP; 03-26-2012 at 04:06 PM.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #114
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Michael Wilbon on Jets QB Tim Tebow: "The most overdiscussed person in the modern era of sports history."

Due in part to the unrequited love of
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #115
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

This is nice to hear. In the offseason, the Jets have become more interesting with Tebow, as have the Broncos with Manning, and the Colts with their intended pick of Luck. All AFC teams. This should help to reduce the number of prime time games that the Texans get.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #116
iLoveTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 276 iLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tebow is "Excited" to be a Jet

Tim Tebow is very excited to be a New York Jet! Im pretty sure you can tell in this press conference!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNcMF...e2FOAAAAAAACAA

Maybe more excited about practice than Allen Iverson was!

Sig courtesy of False Start!
iLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #117
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Rex ryan is about to make tebow a throwing running back.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012   #118
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Rex ryan is about to make tebow a throwing running back.
At his height, his knees will be taught to bend every which way by the D's.
Old 03-27-2012   #119
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Tebow states that he didn't sign off on the New York Jockey billboard.

Old 03-27-2012   #120
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Tebow is going to annoy the heck out of all those heathen NY/NJ debil media types.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read