Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-20-2012   #41
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: DeMeco Ryans traded to Philadelphia

NO, NO NO please tell me that is false?????
Old 03-20-2012   #42
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans trade Demeco Ryans to Eagles for "undisclosed draft pick"

My guess is either a 3rd or a 4th. Won't be lower than a 4th, and won't be better than a 3rd.
Old 03-20-2012   #43
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Jay Glazer said it was a "mid rounder"...so a 4th or 5th round pick I assume.
That would suck. Don't like this if that is all the Texans get. It looks like the 2006 draft (the Texans best) is about gone.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Sharpton outplayed Demeco, imo.

Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
#Eagles must not have had a very high FA grade on Curtis Lofton. Ryans isn't cheap. Remaining base salaries are $5.9 million, $6.6 million.

Dream Team
Old 03-20-2012   #45
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 488 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, Demeco was a leader for that defense. He'll be missed.
Old 03-20-2012   #46
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by c10x View Post
My guess is either a 3rd or a 4th. Won't be lower than a 4th, and won't be better than a 3rd.
second and thirds are early picks...."mid rounder" (if that's the actual case) will be a 4th or a 5th...mark my words.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #47
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 147070 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was down on demeco this season but he was coming off a serious injury. I expected him to be much better next season. Damn if I were Owen Daniels is be nervous. Someone in the front office is offing the class of 2006. Kubiak watch your back jack.
Old 03-20-2012   #48
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the texans are starting to believe their own hype ..

Old 03-20-2012   #49
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
second and thirds are early picks...."mid rounder" (if that's the actual case) will be a 4th or a 5th...mark my words.
Agree. End of career, bionic arm...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #50
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
3rd could be mid round... could be.

I rank 1 and 2 as "high", 3-4 as "mid" and the rest are late. That said, just my terminology. I have heard 3rd being considered as high.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #51
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 133852 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, if all we got for Demeco Ryans who has the potential to be a great MLB for the Eagles team which they desperately need is just another thing I'll add to the list that makes Rick Smith an amateur.

Now if we got a 2nd rounder I'd say that is great value for both teams. But if all we got was a 4th or lower than that, we pretty much gave Demeco away to a team that will really benefit big time from this trade.

Happy for Demeco though. I really like his potential on the Eagles. He'll be a great addition to that team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I have heard 3rd being considered as high.
I sure as hell don't. Sure, you can find a very good player in the 3rd, but you can very easily find a bust there as well. I think Demeco has the potential to really help a team in need of a MLB who can be a team leader.

If I had a team with some strong pieces, but really needed a MLB, I'd have no problem trading a 2nd round pick for a strong vet like Demeco over some rookie in the 2nd round.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #52
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Draft picks Eagles have http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012-nfc...2-draft-picks/
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #53
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 12954 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

Currently the Eagles have draft pick numbers 15, 46, 51, 77, 99, 114, 146, 177, 185, and 192 plus two compensation picks, probably in the 6th round
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #54
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

****, Ryans was the leader on this defense. I will surely miss watching him in a Texans uniform.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #55
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dan Graziano ‏ @espn_nfceast Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
My quick take is that DeMeco Ryans is a fantastic pickup for the Eagles for a mid-round pick.
most people are tweeting that its a mid rounder

Old 03-20-2012   #56
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Man, if all we got for Demeco Ryans who has the potential to be a great MLB for the Eagles team which they desperately need is just another thing I'll add to the list that makes Rick Smith an amateur.

Now if we got a 2nd rounder I'd say that is great value for both teams. But if all we got was a 4th or lower than that, we pretty much gave Demeco away to a team that will really benefit big time from this trade.

Happy for Demeco though. I really like his potential on the Eagles. He'll be a great addition to that team.
I think they did this because they didn't manage the cap well. They unloaded salary. This isn't a football decision....we will all know this when Ryans plays well next season.

Old 03-20-2012   #57
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/8q0...n-man-business

"You know this is grown man business, don't cha?"

Old 03-20-2012   #58
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing with not signing Winston, Brisiel, and Mario was that we think there are some players already on the team that can replace those loses. But who's going to replace Ryans? He was coming off an injury and he played well towards the end of the season. Guys like Sharpton and Dobbins in no way in my mind are ready to step into that role. Besides being able to play well, Ryans was a leader in this defense along with Cushing and there's something to be said about locker room morale. This one really has me questioning what is going on in the front office and what Wade Phillips has to do with this. This city will NOT tolerate a step back and if I'm a player on the Texans, specially if I'm AJ, Schaub, Cushing, and Foster I'm worried about the direction of the team.
Old 03-20-2012   #59
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like linebacker will be a priority in this years draft now that the Texans lost Mario and DeMeco.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012   #60
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jay Glazer said it was a "mid rounder"...so a 4th or 5th round pick I assume.
The Eagles have an extra 4th round pick from a trade with the Bucs.

Quote:
Replacing Ryans with Dobbins is a downgrade...big time.
I thought Dobbins played really well in the Titans game at the end of the season. He was also in the goal line defense and came up big vs. the Ravens. Ryans had become a 2 down player and lost some of his on field value. The leadership he brought? Well, someone (Cushing?) will need to step up.

Not a real believer in Sharpton. Not a thumper in the run game. Maybe a nickel LB. The Texans probably just found another need in the draft (but not in the early rounds).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read