Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2005   #1
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat
Default Remaining Schedule

We have:
Indy
Cleveland
@ Jacksonville
Kansas City
St. Louis
@ Baltimore
@ Tennessee
Arizona
Jacksonville
@ San Fransico

I only see 3 possible wins here.
Cleveland, St. Louis, and San Fransico

Cleveland isn't real strong this year, but then again, we're the worst team in the NFL
St. Louis just lost Bulger, if he's out, we have a chance
San Fransico, the worst team of last year, made some good changes and will be tough to beat, especially at home.

What do you think?
Old 10-22-2005   #2
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Somebody once posted that the San Fran game will be the battle for Leinart, but I would like to add Arizona to the list of possible wins. I figure you always have a chance when you play the Cards. Balty isn't looking too good either. Unfortunately, every week this schedule is looking rougher and rougher. Look at it. We have Tennessee there. How could we be expected to win that? (sarcasm)

Last edited by Texans Horror; 10-22-2005 at 08:15 PM.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #3
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Arizona worries me because of the Passing game.

Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald

I would hate to be a defensive coordinator against that pair.
Old 10-22-2005   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Arizona plays good defense too. They are 7th overall vs the pass in the NFC giving up only 197.4 yards a game.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #5
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoRat
We have:
Indy
Cleveland
@ Jacksonville
Kansas City
St. Louis
@ Baltimore
@ Tennessee
Arizona
Jacksonville
@ San Fransico

Cleveland isn't real strong this year, but then again, we're the worst team in the NFL
San Fransico, the worst team of last year, made some good changes and will be tough to beat, especially at home.

What do you think?
Just because Bulger's out really doesn't mean anything. Jamie Martin looked solid from what I saw of him on MNF.
Old 10-22-2005   #6
AlbinoRat
Veteran

I didn't get to see him play Monday.

I think it's a serious possibility that we go 0-16, I hope it doesn't happen, but it doesn't look good.
Old 10-22-2005   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Bulger will be back by the time we play them....Some of you guys think we can beat the Rams? That's funny. We have a hard time scoring more than once and they light up the scoreboard.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2005   #8
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 26148 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We have:

i don't think we beat any of them
Old 10-22-2005   #9
GoJags16
Rookie

You will beat San Fran, Baltimore, Arizona, and Cleveland IMO. I personally think the best matchup of the season for you guys is the Balti game. Their offense is pathetic, so your defense can play relatively well and make it low scoring. Their run defense isnt too great this year, so unless the coaches have a brain fart DD should run on them.

Hopefully Jville doesnt pull an Dec. 26 against you guys either. I very seriously doubt the texans do worse then 3-13 this year.
GoJags16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO any of those games are "possible wins". Anything is possible. Any given Sunday.
Old 10-23-2005   #11
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
We have:
Indy
Cleveland
@ Jacksonville
Kansas City
St. Louis
@ Baltimore
@ Tennessee
Arizona
Jacksonville
@ San Fransico

What do you think?
If the team gets back to where it was last year, I could see wins over KC and Jax at home (the Texans beat both teams last year) as well as a victory over Baltimore (their offense is terrible). That would give them six wins -- just one less than they had last year. But to accomplish this, they would have to really get cracking.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari
i don't think we beat any of them

Me either. The Texans will maybe (very maybe) win 1-2 games against teams that look past them late in the year. Nobody like Cleveland or San Francisco will do that. Those teams will beat the snot out of us.

We're a very real threat to be the NFL's first 0-16 team. That makes my heart all warm thinking about how this franchise is picking up right where our last one left off by bringing more "glory" and attention to the city of Houston.

Thank's Bob, thanks a lot. We really needed another record to go with our Buffalo Choke record and our "Most Sacks Ever" record. Any way you can talk Charlie Casserly into mooning a wedding reception sometime this year?
Old 10-23-2005   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo
If the team gets back to where it was last year, I could see wins over KC and Jax at home (the Texans beat both teams last year) as well as a victory over Baltimore (their offense is terrible). That would give them six wins -- just one less than they had last year. But to accomplish this, they would have to really get cracking.

"cracking". Interesting choice of words there. I'd think anyone who thought this team had any chance to win 6 games this year must be "cracking".
Old 10-23-2005   #14
Vendetta, R.
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Vendetta, R. has been demoted to the practice squad

You guys had 2 wins a piece against the titans and Jaguars set in stone the whole off season. Why stop thinking that way now?

that's 4 automatic wins right there. Oh, you mean last year doesn't mean a damn thing? my bad.
Vendetta, R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #15
touttail
All Pro

I see possibly 3 wins this season.
Cleveland-Arz-SF
If we come out with the desire we had against Cincy, we might go 3 wins. If not, boy howdy, hate to see a goose egg on the front end 0-16, ouch!

bobby 119C :brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005   #16
iantodd
Rookie

Elaborate Hulk cause I think you are crazy. I men we technically have 11 games left as of right now so are you going with the every given suday. cause there are possibly 11 wins if you like.
iantodd is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read