Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-19-2012   #141
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith is still an amatuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I don't buy this whole Rick Smith is still an amateur thing, his work has been solid for the most part, last years draft with free agency was steller. About the best thing he could do right now is lock up Duane Brown & Brian Cushing to long term deals & avoid similar fate to what happend with Mario Williams
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #142
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Absolutely agree with this. I didn't want Mario to re-sign because I thought we "needed" him. I do believe we now need to find another pass rusher, but that's a different argument all-together. I think Mario is elite. I like having elite players on our time.

If we're a top 2 defense next year, that won't prove to me that I was wrong. As I just said, I don't believe we need Mario to be a top 2 defense. I think our chances are better with him.

If we're one of the worst defenses in the league, you won't hear (see) me saying it is because we lost Mario, just like I didn't blame that 2010 fiasco on losing Dunta Robinson, or even his replacement.

However, I will throw an "I told you so" out there if Connor or Reed miss significant time. Whether it was Osi Umenyiora missing 7 games, Justin Tuck missing 4 games, or JPP not recording a sack in 4 games, it is nice to have as many effective pass rushers on your roster as possible.

This is the best FA period I've seen in a long time. The 49ers just added Maningham & Moss to add to Ginn, Crabtree, & Davis (Vernon).

If we were sitting around like the Pats, waiting for all the foolish money to get out of the market, that would be fine. But to be sitting here, inactive, because we don't have the cash..... when we've been working diligently for the last three months....

Has it ever occurred to you that the Texans may be confident in the guys they've developed?

I keep thinking back to the late '90s/early '00s when Kubiak was OC'ing those Broncos teams... Hell, after the first Super Bowl win one of their tackles retired i think (Gary Zimmerman, he's actually the reason i was a Broncos fan for a while... Same last name, same number, same position as me 'cept i was a back-up on my freshmen team)...they plugged another guy in tje next year and the system still worked... That system pretty much worked til Kub left...

I'm gunna give these guys the benefit of the doubt until it fails...and if it fails they've gotta go IMO...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read