Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2012   #141
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Myers hitting the market

I do not think it too crazy to be paid and play with Manning too.
Old 03-15-2012   #142
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I get the feeling that the Titans are hosting Chris Myers to drive up his price for us. I don't think they have any intention of signing him for the money he's asking, but want him and his agent to think he's worth much more than he is.
Ya know D, that crossed my mind as well... Bud Adams is "Da devil"!!!!
Old 03-15-2012   #143
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think I may just start posting "blah blah blah blah" in all the threads until Cak comes over to my apartment and shoots me and my computer.

Well, at least it's active around here. Wasn't this active after some of the games last season.
I'll do it (for a nominal fee of course) and I'm much closer to your side of town.
Old 03-15-2012   #144
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think I may just start posting "blah blah blah blah" in all the threads until Cak comes over to my apartment and shoots me and my computer.

Well, at least it's active around here. Wasn't this active after some of the games last season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'll do it (for a nominal fee of course) and I'm much closer to your side of town.

Thorn,

And if TB's aim is a little off because of the lingering effects of some firewater, and he only manages to shoot off a vital part here and there.......I'll be happy to put them back on for you (for a nominal fee, of course).
(see fine print below).

Fee dependent on method of re-attachment

Fee schedule:

A) Re-attachment by string and Super Glue..............nominal fee.

B) Re-attachment by suturing..................not so nominal fee.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012   #145
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a feeling that either Myers or Briesel will leave and Antoine Caldwell will be a starter. Not feeling too good about that one :/
Old 03-15-2012   #146
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This phrase keeps sticking in my head...............
Same here. To me, it means Smith knows who Myers' agent is, and he's not going to show any cards.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #147
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the FO aren't as desperate to resign Myers as some folk on here. The guy would be a big loss but if he wants to play hardball then I want the FO to stick to their guns, offer what he's worth to our team, and have the confidence to go out and draft a great centre and let him compete with our backups in camp.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #148
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I hope the FO aren't as desperate to resign Myers as some folk on here. The guy would be a big loss but if he wants to play hardball then I want the FO to stick to their guns, offer what he's worth to our team, and have the confidence to go out and draft a great centre and let him compete with our backups in camp.
Count me as being cautiously hopeful for re-signing Myers.

If he wants a pay raise, I can understand. If he wants too much, no thanks. It has to be reasonable for us. The numbers have to allow us to grab other guys, not tie up most of our money in just Myers.

If it cannot happen, then draft a center or find a UFA out there (AND draft a center. LOL). Whatever it takes to get our Center situation respectable. I think thats what has emboldened Myers an this agent--They think they've got us up against the wall, negotiating from a position of strength. Maybe that's true to some degree, but I don't think he'll get the big dollars he's dreaming of with some there team.

His downfall is his size. He can't be a Center unless it's a highly "mobile" ZBS because he'd get squished if he was in another scheme. Period. So, in essence...he doesn't have ALL the cards in this game.

I really cannot believe it's taking this long for him to get a contract. Fourth day into free agency. If a team wanted him THAT badly, they'd have wrapped it up or would announce a contract is being drafted. That's my thinking. Unless the Peyton Manning Sweepstakes is holding it back, which is a possibility.
Old 03-16-2012   #149
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Thorn,

And if TB's aim is a little off because of the lingering effects of some firewater, and he only manages to shoot off a vital part here and there.......I'll be happy to put them back on for you (for a nominal fee, of course). (see fine print below).

Fee schedule:

Since when do you guys get to post free ads?? This ain't no electronic Greensheet.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #150
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Knowing the the titans have resigned thier C Fernando Velasco, even though he hasn't started might be a good sign that they want him to for next yr

builds my hopes up a little for re-signing myers
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #151
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ya know D, that crossed my mind as well... Bud Adams is "Da devil"!!!!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #152
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Thorn,

And if TB's aim is a little off because of the lingering effects of some firewater, and he only manages to shoot off a vital part here and there.......I'll be happy to put them back on for you (for a nominal fee, of course).
(see fine print below).

Fee schedule:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Since when do you guys get to post free ads?? This ain't no electronic Greensheet.
Old 03-16-2012   #153
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Rams agree to terms with C Scott Wells

Look for GB to come after Myers now

or could be a good thing because it kind of sets the market for zone blocking C
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #154
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schefty says we reached an agreement with Myers!

Woo!
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012   #155
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thematrix31 View Post
schefty says we reached an agreement with myers!

Woo!
x2.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012   #156
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Schefty says we reached an agreement with Myers!

Woo!
Best move by Rick so far. Center is a very important position. O-line is critical in this scheme period. They must think they can upgrade from Winston so lets see what happens now. We have the anchor ... Brown and Myers. Nice job Rick.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read