Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2012   #21
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Can BR be a serviceable MLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Common sense .... So rare its a superpower.
Well yeah, but some of us get enjoyment and entertainment value out of the ridiculous.
Old 03-14-2012   #22
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
What do you mean when you write when did our lovable forum become so main stream??? Please elaborate...
It means that back in the day, threads like this never happened (or at least much less frequently).
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #23
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
It means that back in the day, threads like this never happened (or at least much less frequently).
Ok, valid point.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #24
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well yeah, but some of us get enjoyment and entertainment value out of the ridiculous.
I get enjoyment and entertainment out of (o)(o)'s and .... Speaking of which , my wife & kids will be in Galveston this weekend .... Good week to make a trip to "the (o)(o) joint of your choice"

Stupid just annoys me ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #25
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

ahhh I knew there was a reason to come back for a visit...

laughter is the best medicine and I surely need some
Old 03-14-2012   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I get enjoyment and entertainment out of (o)(o)'s and .... Speaking of which , my wife & kids will be in Galveston this weekend .... Good week to make a trip to "the (o)(o) joint of your choice"

Stupid just annoys me ....
We'll have to find a new joint. Somone I know has been 86'd.
Old 03-14-2012   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
What do you mean when you write when did our lovable forum become so main stream??? Please elaborate...
What he means is that with the massive influx of new members the quality of posters, posts and thread starters has gone significantly downhill.
Old 03-14-2012   #28
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What he means is that with the massive influx of new members the quality of posters, posts and thread starters has gone significantly downhill.
Certainly true that there is a positive correlation between new posters such as myself and unrealistic or low quality threads and posts. As for me personally I started following this thread several years ago because Im a Texans fan and Im a childhood friend of Old Miss Texan. I did not join until recently because around 2007 I started taking care of my dad during the day and working on my masters at night. After I finished with my studies I came to Costa Rica to start a business. Until recently have I had time to join and start posting. What Im trying to say is that you are right about the positive correlation between new members and forum quality, but just because you have a ton of posts and or time on a forum does not automatically make you more knowledgeable than a newbie. I am not saying that I should be a GM or know much about football, you probably are much more knowledgeable than myself when it comes to football. I am just speaking in general terms.

Last edited by SW H-TOWN; 03-14-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Horrible sentence structure.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #29
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post

Nice to see you post JB.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #30
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Certainly true that there is a positive correlation between new posters such as myself and unrealistic or low quality threads and posts. However, just because you do not have a ton of posts or time on this board does not mean that one is a football expert. As for me personally I started following this thread several years ago because Im a Texans fan and Im a childhood friend of Old Miss Texan. I did not join until recently because around 2007 I started taking care of my dad during the day and working on my masters at night. After I finished with my studies I came to Costa Rica to start a business. Until recently have I had time to join and start posting. What Im trying to say is that you are right about the positive correlation between new members and forum quality, but just because you have a ton of posts and or time on a forum does not automatically make you more knowledgeable than a newbie. I am not saying that I should be a GM or know much about football, you probably are much more knowledgeable than myself when it comes to football. I am just speaking in general terms.
As was he, I'm sure.
Old 03-14-2012   #31
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Nice to see you post JB.
Thanks bro! I may be able to hang around here a bit more as work slows back down. Hope so anyway.
Old 03-14-2012   #32
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I dont see why he wouldnt be a servicable MLB .... if it came to that.

Demeco is still on the roster so no need to move Reed even if they do resign MW (which its looking like they wont).

/End thread.
I like Brooks Reed. I like Connor Barwin, & you know I like Mario Williams.

But, it would be nice to have some real LBs playing LB. Cushing is ok against the pass... Demeco is a hair under...... if we get another ILB, he needs to be a true LB.
Old 03-14-2012   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks bro! I may be able to hang around here a bit more as work slows back down. Hope so anyway.
Welcome back Kotter!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Who the **** is this old curmudgeon??!?
Old 03-14-2012   #35
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Who the **** is this old curmudgeon??!?
Some old fek'n drunk that's been staggering around for a while...
Old 03-14-2012   #36
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

JB, great to see aboard again! What a coincidence, TB was axin just yesterday about another road trip to NO. I told him "I'm all in" all the time thinking "Where the hell is JB?" and here ya are!

Again, great to hear from ya again!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #37
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait, he's on to something here... This move would make total sense, but only after we move Cushing to safety.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #38
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Some old fek'n drunk that's been staggering around for a while...
For a really, REALLY long time. Good to see you my friend!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read