Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2012   #21
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 49619 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So are we going to get any good free agents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
The fact that you had to ask, already says a lot.
Yeah, pretty much. I have never eve heard of the guy.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS BARATHEON PUSHED IT!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #22
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope this Gregory guy's pass pro skills are decent. /joking
Old 03-14-2012   #23
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13094 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Another thing:

These top free agents that are flying off the board...they cost a LOT OF MONEY.

So we're nearing the stage of free agency when teams have blown the vast majority of their cash on one or two "top tier" free agents. And they have to re-sign some of their own free agents too! We're not the only ones sitting still and watching things from a distance.

Once the big money grabbers are gone, teams will settle into a groove and spend very wisely and show restraint. This is where, IMO, teams begin to offer money to their own guys that they know another team cannot match or exceed. And if a team DOES snatch away one of our guys for more money than he's reasonably worth...then one or two of their guys will be available because they cannot afford it all, which means teams will spend wisely and be judicious all the way around.

This initial barrage of free agency is always helter skelter like this. It's fast and furious and you always see the premium guys go first. The remaining 26 teams or so...they're hanging back in the alleys and waiting to emerge after the other 6 teams have left the scene.

Haven't seen the Patriots do anything. Haven't seen the Steelers do anything. Haven't seen the Giants do anything. Texans have done nothing yet. The top teams don't need to blow gobs of money on a guy like Garcon or Vincent Jackson or Mario Williams. They already have a great roster as proven by their 2011 season.

Everybody needs to relax. Drink a Dr. Pepper or something.
This is why I'm still chilling out about all of this. I really think we'll be okay once all the hub-bub slows down and the affordable players are left. I really do think we'll end up with Myers and Brisel. No Mario but we'll survive.

The waiting game is how the GOOD teams play the free agency game...
Old 03-14-2012   #24
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
NO! We did our grocery shopping last season.

Do people understand what a budget is anymore? This just in, the Texans are up against with regards to the Cap.

You can't buy a Porterhouse with a hamburger budget. You can't buy Champagne on a Beer budget, etc.
QFT

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #25
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
This is why I'm still chilling out about all of this. I really think we'll be okay once all the hub-bub slows down and the affordable players are left. I really do think we'll end up with Myers and Brisel. No Mario but we'll survive.

The waiting game is how the GOOD teams play the free agency game...
I will be happy with our FA period if we can get Myers and Brisiel back. That would allow us to go after a WR and OLB in the first 2 or 3 rounds of the draft.
TexCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #26
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 37744 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

I am getting furious. How in the hell are the Cowboys and Redskins making these signings (Kyle Orton and Pierre Garcin) and yet out cap situation is so bad we can't sign anybody?!?!? Something smells fishy.

I am getting a little vibe that Dollar Bob has returned due to likely record breaking season ticket purchases and knows he can just sell us on "next year" once again. He made his big splash last year and now can wait another 3-5 years before he makes his next big splash.

Am I missing something?!? We release Winston, we keep Jacoby, I guess we are letting Myers, Briesel, and Mario walk, meanwhile the teams that just got slammed by the Commissioner are signing guys like Garçon (who would definitely help us as a #2 WR) and Orton (who would be a great backup plan if/when Schaub goes down with his yearly injury). Wtf?!?
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read