Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2011   #21
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a huge fan of Winston, but Miami has a pretty stout front 7 against the pass I think if he continues to struggle u give him some help on the pass with either a back chipping or a TE on his side .... btw watched the game again and several time he got beat it looked like Tate was supposed to chip the end for him...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2011   #22
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Should Butler get a shot a RT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Winston, but Miami has a pretty stout front 7 against the pass I think if he continues to struggle u give him some help on the pass with either a back chipping or a TE on his side .... btw watched the game again and several time he got beat it looked like Tate was supposed to chip the end for him...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Giving him help is all fine and dandy til it starts affecting how we run our offense. The offense is predicated on a lot of similar looks that don't tip anything off to the defense. Sending Winston help against premier passrushers is one thing, but he's struggled against less than stellar talent in his career.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I really don't understand the guys thinking this is something new with Winston. This has been a constant. Last year, was really bad & it looks like he's on track to make last season look like an all pro type season.

There was a time, when I said Myers was the most consistent OL we had... making him the best of the bunch. But now, the guys around him, with the exception of Winston has really picked up their game. Myers & Winston are the weekest link in our line & I expect one of the two to be upgraded.

I understand continuity & the center is the leader of the line... I can't see us making a move there... so that leaves....

Old 09-21-2011   #24
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I really don't understand the guys thinking this is something new with Winston. This has been a constant. Last year, was really bad & it looks like he's on track to make last season look like an all pro type season.

There was a time, when I said Myers was the most consistent OL we had... making him the best of the bunch. But now, the guys around him, with the exception of Winston has really picked up their game. Myers & Winston are the weekest link in our line & I expect one of the two to be upgraded.

I understand continuity & the center is the leader of the line... I can't see us making a move there... so that leaves....

Greg Koch said he needs to focus on football .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #25
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 33937 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like Butler will get that shot more than likely.

Maybe the Texans FO does read this board. LOL

This was gonna be an awesome draft since we didn't have any absolute must have positions that we had to fill in the draft. I was looking forward to BPA, oh well.
Old 03-14-2012   #26
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Should Butler get a shot at RT, yes. Should Butler just be handed the job, no.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #27
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Well i guess Butler & newton Impressed the coches so much in """"practice"""" LOL hes got the Job Winston is cut !!!!!!!!!!

Unless they have been eying a Tackle in the draft that has fallen to them Can teams contact other teams to give them a idea on who they are gunning for ????

thus u will pretty much know what players have a good percentage of falling to u ????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #28
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Butler did an admirable job filling in while Brown was suspended. If he's 100% he'll be a solid starter at RT.... IF he's 100%.
Old 03-14-2012   #29
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Not that I want to pat myself on the back or anything. I've stated before that I was never a Winston fan. I also understand the Texans most likely would not have cut him had it not been for the $5.5M cap hit he would cost them in 2012.
Quote:
Looks like there should be a little mud on my face for this one. Chris Myers???? Pfft.. No doubt he stepped his game up in 2011 & Wade Smith regressed something horrible.

Kudos to Chris for an excellent 2011 & I do hope he's back for many more.
Quote:

yeah..... I got back to kicking Winston.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read