Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-14-2012   #41
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
why would CLE give up a first to get a RB when they already have Peyton hillis just the be there #2 trading a #1 pick for a #2 RB just does not add up to me LOL

Stop texans Fans LOL
Did you see Hillis this year? He didn't play anything close to resembling a #1 back. That is when he was even able to step on the field or wasn't crying. I don't see why Cleveland would even want him back after the way he acted last year. He could learn a lot from Arian about how to conduct his business.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #42
triplethreat
Veteran

Rep Power: 202 triplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cleveland Browns Rumors: Talks for Houston Texans RB Ben Tate Surface

Quote:
why would CLE give up a first to get a RB when they already have Peyton hillis just the be there #2 trading a #1 pick for a #2 RB just does not add up to me LOL

Stop texans Fans LOL
Hillis is likely leaving through free agency?...
Old 03-14-2012   #43
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Stop texans Fans LOL
Hey this wasn't my fantasy. Cleveland just called and asked. So I told them what it would take to move Tate. We love Tater here in H-town. Foster and Tate are a great backfield.

Last I heard, Hillis wasn't even sure he wanted to play him some football anymore. Maybe he just doesn't want to play him some football in CLE. Provided Hillis passes a physical and an interview, I would consider taking Hillis and a 2 and 3 in return for Tate. But like I say, we love us some Tate and are not really interested in moving him. Just answering the phone and the question asked. Give us a 1 and make this easy on me. You don't want me to think about this one too hard. Did I mention we love Tate? On second thought, no thanks. We will just sit pat.

How's the hunt for Peyton working out up there in CLE? Now that RGIII will be off the board, you guys gonna trade down or what?
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #44
triplethreat
Veteran

Rep Power: 202 triplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respectedtriplethreat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Hey this wasn't my fantasy. Cleveland just called and asked. So I told them what it would take to move Tate. We love Tater here in H-town. Foster and Tate are a great backfield.

Last I heard, Hillis wasn't even sure he wanted to play him some football anymore. Maybe he just doesn't want to play him some football in CLE. Provided Hillis passes a physical and an interview, I would consider taking Hillis and a 2 and 3 in return for Tate. But like I say, we love us some Tate and are not really interested in moving him. Just answering the phone and the question asked. Give us a 1 and make this easy on me. You don't want me to think about this one too hard. Did I mention we love Tate? On second thought, no thanks. We will just sit pat.

How's the hunt for Peyton working out up there in CLE? Now that RGIII will be off the board, you guys gonna trade down or what?
Pretty sure we'll trade down. Either Coples, or Richardson likely. Just keep stockpiling picks so that we can get better.

I have faith in this regime and I know the Texans have had the same kind of luck as us Cleveland fans (only not nearly as bad). But I feel a connection with the fans in Houston because we've had the same football disasters.
Old 03-14-2012   #45
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplethreat View Post
Pretty sure we'll trade down. Either Coples, or Richardson likely. Just keep stockpiling picks so that we can get better.

I have faith in this regime and I know the Texans have had the same kind of luck as us Cleveland fans (only not nearly as bad). But I feel a connection with the fans in Houston because we've had the same football disasters.
That's what I would do. Trade back for picks. Blackmon is not the solution. Heck no one player is the solution. WAS will learn that lesson, and unfortunately for that franchise they mortgaged the farm.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #46
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Eh. Whatever.

I doubt we land Tate anyways. I'd like him, but I doubt it. Trent Richardson is a once a decade RB and I think we're going to take him.
Not really. I mean he is good but once a decade?
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #47
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
That's what I would do. Trade back for picks. Blackmon is not the solution. Heck no one player is the solution. WAS will learn that lesson, and unfortunately for that franchise they mortgaged the farm.
Three firsts for RGIII? You have to be insane to make a deal like that. I'm glad the Browns weren't willing to comply.

Trade down, get another second and draft Coples. Sure up this defense and get some WR's to TRY and help Colt McCoy for one more season. We should be bad enough next year to get a Matt Barkley/Tyler Bray/Tyler Wilson/Landry Jones/Aaron Murray anyways. QB class is DEEP.
Old 03-14-2012   #48
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
You don't think so? He's got AP written all over him. You don't see those kind of backs often.
Old 03-14-2012   #49
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117345 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Three firsts for RGIII? You have to be insane to make a deal like that.
We will see. You want to talk a once in a decade player RG111 is that guy.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #50
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I actually liked Richardson before he put on all of that weight. He lost some explosiveness in my opinion. But he reminds me of a bigger, stronger Maurice Jones-Drew. He's just tough to bring down. I think the Browns should draft this kid. My only concern would be him staying healthy, but you could say that about every running back really.
Old 03-14-2012   #51
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol @ Trent Richardson or RG3 being a "once in a decade player".

I don't even know anything about college football and I know that much. C'mon now with this ****.

EDIT: That said, RGIII is much closer to that distinction. But in a draft with Andrew Luck, who's touted as the best QB prospect since like, Elway? No.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #52
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
We will see. You want to talk a once in a decade player RG111 is that guy.
RGIII was in a system at Baylor catering to his every ability. Let's see what this guy can do in the NFL under center with good defenses coming at him.

He's also extremely small framed and prone to injury. Ala Michael Vick.
Old 03-14-2012   #53
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
RGIII was in a system at Baylor catering to his every ability. Let's see what this guy can do in the NFL under center with good defenses coming at him.

He's also extremely small framed and prone to injury. Ala Michael Vick.
He's going to another system that'll cater to his every ability. If the Redskins surround him with talent the sky is the limit with that coaching staff bringing him along.
Old 03-14-2012   #54
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
He's going to another system that'll cater to his every ability. If the Redskins surround him with talent the sky is the limit with that coaching staff bringing him along.
Where are they going to get this talent though? They don't have a first round pick until 2015..
Old 03-14-2012   #55
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You don't think so? He's got AP written all over him. You don't see those kind of backs often.
Remind me who has more yards from scrimmage and TDs over the last two seasons? AP or UDFA?

Yeah once a decade is probably over the top since they are within the same decade.
Old 03-14-2012   #56
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Remind me who has more yards from scrimmage and TDs over the last two seasons? AP or UDFA?

Yeah once a decade is probably over the top since they are within the same decade.
Maybe a little over the top, but Trent Richardson type RB's don't come around too often.
Old 03-14-2012   #57
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

EDIT: Meh, whatever.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012   #58
triplethreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
EDIT: Meh, whatever.
I apologize for my use of words, I didn't think it would offend you..
Old 03-14-2012   #59
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe a little over the top, but Trent Richardson type RB's don't come around too often.
who ?
Old 03-14-2012   #60
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 412969 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Fair enough. But there is a huge difference between college ball and the NFL. Tate has proven he can be successful in the NFL. And for the record, I do not want to see him traded.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read