Hall of Fame
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Rep Power: 128807
Updated Mock Draft (V2.0)
Taking into account recent events (cutting Winston, etc.) this is my updated mock draft for the Texans.
For this mock, I assume we do not re-sign Mario or Myers. I assume we re-sign Brisiel, Allen, and Dreessen.
1. Kendall Wright - WR, Baylor
- Provides a deep threat across from Andre and he can return kicks as well. He also provides an insurance policy on Jacoby in case we want to run him out of town next year.
2. Mitchell Schwartz - OT, Cal
- I think he would beat out Butler for the starting RT job, thus allowing Butler to remain as the swing tackle. Solid player, a better pass protector than Winston, but not as much a mauling run blocker.
3. Josh Chapman - NT, Alabama
- Would backup Cody as a rookie and would allow Mitchell to move to DE, where he's a better fit. He could take over the starting job when Cody becomes a FA next year.
4. David Molk - C, Michigan
- Could compete with Caldwell for the starting C job. Very underrated prospect, IMO he will end up being better than Myers (in the ZBS).
5. Miles Burris - OLB, San Diego State
- With Mario gone, Barwin and Brahman will man the WLB spot so we need depth at SLB behind Brooks Reed. Solid player, good at everything but not great at anything.
6. Jaymes Brooks - G, Virginia Tech
- We need more depth on the O-Line and I don't expect Wade Smith back when his contract is up. Fits the system and is a bit of a preemptive strike on Smith/Brisiel leaving.
7. Charles Mitchell - SS, Mississippi State
- Not a playmaker in the secondary, but he is not bad in coverage. He is good in the box in the running game.
"Those who stay will be champions."
- The Immortal Bo
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|