Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-12-2012   #61
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 28959 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Leinart Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I agree. Delhomme looked pretty good against the Titans and imho would make a better and much cheaper backup than Leinart.
Wait! Per Delhomme on Jan. 16th. Does this sound like a guy who wants to come back, much less for the league minimum?

Quote:
(on where he goes from here) ďIím going to go I-10 East. Thatís where Iím going to go. You know what, Iíll be honest with you, you never want to say never, but to end on a note like this, for me, this game of football has been fantastic for me. The NFLís been awesome and last year, it just wasnít a fun experience playing up in Cleveland for me, got hurt and just the way things were, the way that things were run, it was just a total disconnect between the front office and the coaches. For me, to come to a place like this where everybodyís on the same page and to see the way these guys work, itís been great. If Iíve left this game, Iíve left it on a high note. You think about a lot of things coming back last night. My last pass Iíve ever thrown, if this was, was a touchdown, so thatís kind of cool.Ē

(on him still saying Ďifí in regards to playing his last season) ďIím being very realistic. I turned 37 last week. Iím not moving my family. Iím not going somewhere to start over. Iím not doing that. This kind of just fell into my lap, so to speak. You certainly donít think youíre going to get the injuries that this team had. Who knows? If this is the end, which most likely it is, itís been pretty nice.Ē
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...e-ac77b40534da
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #62
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
Wait! Per Delhomme on Jan. 16th. Does this sound like a guy who wants to come back, much less for the league minimum?

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...e-ac77b40534da

I think he would for the Texans and the chance to get a ring. It is very close to home and he wouldn't have to move his family.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #63
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Would love it if Delhomme would come in at vet min to backup for us. I got the impression he made a great coach to TJ, and if Schaub is back starting, TJ's gonna lose out on time with the main coaching staff.

As for Matty L, sorry it didn't work out for him, and I'm grateful he stuck around last season but I don't really think its any loss to us.

I actually hope the long running experiment of paying our backup QB's more than what some starting QB's get is over. Sexy Rexy, DanO, Matty L, all outshone by a 5th round rookie tells me more about the ability of failed starting QB's than it does the ability of 5th round rookies tbh.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012   #64
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80689 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

In response, Leinart took a nap.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read