Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

View Poll Results: Who should be the Texans' 2nd round pick at #58?
Alameda Ta'amu NT 6'2½" 341 Washington 4 16.00%
Ronnell Lewis OLB 6'2" 245 Oklahoma 2 8.00%
Brandon Boykin CB 5'9¼" 183 Georgia 0 0%
Brandon Thompson DT 6'2" 311 Clemson 11 44.00%
Mike Martin NT 6'1 306 Michigan 1 4.00%
Shea McLellin OLB 6'3 260 Boise State 6 24.00%
Ben Jones C 6'2⅝" 303 Georgia 1 4.00%
Dwayne Allen TE 6'4½" 255 Clemson 0 0%
Isaiah Pead RB 5'9⅞" 193 Cincinnati 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2012   #21
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston 2nd Round #58 Selection Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I went McClellin. I think he's the best fit schematically although maybe not BPA which Thompson probably is. Doug Martin wasn't available right? That guy will be a beast.
Martin was available and I suggested him, but he was not put in the poll.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #22
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Martin was available and I suggested him, but he was not put in the poll.
Martin is an absolute stud but there is zero reason to use a 2nd round pick on a RB.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #23
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Can we start adding some RT's to that list?
Bobby Massie of Ole Miss and Ryan Miller of Colorado.
Old 03-12-2012   #24
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
This changes everything. I know for a fact the Texans like Mitchell Schwartz of Cal, now I better understand why. He would be a great fit here & would start immediately making a late 2nd rd. Grade good value.
I like Mitchell Schwartz as well. He started all 4 yrs. at OT, 2 on each end of the line thus the reason I had him in some of my mocks. I was taking him in the 4th or 5th rounds but he's since moved up the depth charts and probably goes in the 3rd.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #25
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
This changes everything. I know for a fact the Texans like Mitchell Schwartz of Cal, now I better understand why. He would be a great fit here & would start immediately making a late 2nd rd. Grade good value.
Its been reported over and over everyone should know if they have been paying attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I selected Brandon Thompson out of Clemson .... But with todays events with Winston being released , I kinda wish there was an OT on this list.
Schwartz would be a great pick in the third. Nate Potter Boise St is someone to check out also.

Feel free to follow the following mock as a blue print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I like this idea of a mock.
1st Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State
Now the second rated DT by Mayock. Can dominate in stretches. Great at getting off the line. Heady player that plays with alot of emotion. Think of a smart, bigger A Smith.

2nd Vontaze Burfict, ILB, Arizona State
Has fallen on most boards after a so so senior season. Still there is no other ILB in this draft with his explosion to the ball. He really fits this defense well and will add the extra threat of blitz up the middle that Ryan's just isn't capable of. Phillips coaching will return him to his JR year play where he was considered dominate.

3rd Nate Potter, OT, Boise State or Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
Both these guys are perfect fits for our scheme and have all the attributes we seem to look for in OL.

4th Jake Bequette, OLB, Arkansas
Had a bad first half of year but blew it up in the last four games. Can contribute on special teams right away and is talented enough to see reps behind Reed and Barwin sooner than later.

5th Winston Guy, Jr., S, Kentucky

Will be a solid special teams player immediately. At 6'1" and 216 LBS Loves to hit, good open field tackler, has experience at CB so is solid in coverage. Also has kick return experience.

6th Jarrett Boykin, WR, Virginia Tech

I love this guy. If he had played at a more pass oriented school would be better known. Has the size 6'2" and 220 LBS with huge hands that catch the ball away from his body. Is Andre like with the ball. Not elusive but a bull to bring down. Very good blocker. Had a personal-best 440-pound front squat and a 40-inch vertical jump during off-season testing. Walters eventual replacement.

7th Evan Rodriguez, FB/TE, Temple

Versatile player that can play TE or FB ala Casey. Is really good after the catch. Will be the number one selling jersey in south Texas.
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #26
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Burfict or Vinny Curry would be excellent 2nd round picks. I think Burfict will still be there in the third though, his draft stock is plummeting.
Old 03-12-2012   #27
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

From what I hear Burfict was terribly slow at the Combine and terrible in interviews.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #28
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
From what I hear Burfict was terribly slow at the Combine and terrible in interviews.
Good, maybe we can steal him in the third then. He has insane closing speed, much faster in pads. And Burfict has been pretty tough to get more than 2 words out of in interviews most of his college career.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read