Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

View Poll Results: Texans 1st round pick is......
Mark Barron, S, Alabama 3 6.00%
Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State 3 6.00%
Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC 12 24.00%
Reuben Randle, WR, LSU 16 32.00%
Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin 16 32.00%
Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech 17 34.00%
Alfred Ta'amu, DT, Washington 2 4.00%
Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois. 5 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2012   #41
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston 1st Round Selection Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Randle is my #1 guy.

But I've got to admit there's not much difference between Randle and Marvin Jones.
You keep saying this, do you mean Randle is your #1 WR in the draft, or in the case that Blackmon, Floyd and Wright are taken before 26?
Old 03-07-2012   #42
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
You keep saying this, do you mean Randle is your #1 WR in the draft, or in the case that Blackmon, Floyd and Wright are taken before 26?
For the Texans and what they do, I like Randle more than any other WR. (Excluding Floyd, my #1 overall WR and Blackmon.)

Randle gives the Texans another big WR with speed and a red zone threat. He also is a better better fit with the Texans in the run game as a blocker. ( Reggie Wayne comparison)

I do like Wright alot though he would be a better fit with a team like the Eagles/Lions/Saints than a team that focuses on the run game like the Texans.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #43
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 249738 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Stephen Hill and Ruben Randle are both good WR's but Hill has a higher ceiling and the potential to be great. Randle looks stiff and not as athletic. I'd take Marvin Jones before I'd take Randle.
I agree with quoted part, am picking up similar chatter. But still think we need DL, rush LB unless we lose Myers.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #44
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Perry/Randle/Konz

I can certainly see other players in those same positions being argued for, but I have a good feeling an Olinemen/Dline/WR will be our first pick.
Old 03-07-2012   #45
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Randle is my #1 guy.

But I've got to admit there's not much difference between Randle and Marvin Jones.
On most boards Marvin Jones is considered a 2nd or 3rd round pick and looks alot smoother/athletic than Randle, so how can Randle be considered a 1st round pick. I'd even take Tommy Streeter in the 2nd before I'd take Randle. Randle seems like a possession receiver with great hands but not going to get alot of YAC to me. He catches the ball well but he doesn't own/dominate the secondary like he should. In Randle's defense, he's never had a good QB throwing to him. Also I can't remember the last good LSU receiver.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #46
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I vote the Texans trade out of the first round unless the WR we want is there.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #47
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I vote the Texans trade out of the first round unless the WR we want is there.
That's so mean but true

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #48
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 63318 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am so not into offensive skill players in the first round if its not your franchise QB.

It's all about the big uglies.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #49
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I picked Mark Barron, the S. What can I say? Dude would make things real interesting in the secondary. He and Manning, Quin playing some safety, some nickel, maybe even some corner while Jackson and Harris provide decent depth. Improve the coverage=Improve the blitz.

They go for athletic defenders in round 1.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #50
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
On most boards Marvin Jones is considered a 2nd or 3rd round pick and looks alot smoother/athletic than Randle, so how can Randle be considered a 1st round pick. I'd even take Tommy Streeter in the 2nd before I'd take Randle. Randle seems like a possession receiver with great hands but not going to get alot of YAC to me. He catches the ball well but he doesn't own/dominate the secondary like he should. In Randle's defense, he's never had a good QB throwing to him. Also I can't remember the last good LSU receiver.
This is why I voted for Kontz.

Rd.1 Kontz
Rd.2 Jones

This draft would make me very happy.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #51
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I picked Mark Barron, the S. What can I say? Dude would make things real interesting in the secondary. He and Manning, Quin playing some safety, some nickel, maybe even some corner while Jackson and Harris provide decent depth. Improve the coverage=Improve the blitz.

They go for athletic defenders in round 1.
I agree 100%. I voted for Barron too. Manning had maybe his best year last year and will be 30 next year. I like him, but he is a short term player, period. Barron gives us versatility now and a future starter. Would have been a solid, solid selection.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #52
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Safe to say that Hill is winner winner, chicken dinner!
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #53
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Safe to say that Hill is winner winner, chicken dinner!
There is a good chance Hill is a top 20 pick because he is being viewed as a quick learner with immense upside so if Texan hearts set on WR Randle could be reality decision?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012   #54
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
There is a good chance Hill is a top 20 pick because he is being viewed as a quick learner with immense upside so if Texan hearts set on WR Randle could be reality decision?
You just never know with WR's in the first round. It's good that Al Davis is no longer pulling the trigger though. Hill wouldn't last that long at all. I just don't know if 4 WR's will get taken in the top 20 picks. Prob will go Blackmon/Floyd/Wright/Hill in the 1st all together.
Old 03-08-2012   #55
Shaft75
Site Contributor

One thing I think we can all agree on is how deep this WR class is. I wouldn't mind any of these guys in the top 4 rounds:

Blackmon
Floyd
Wright
Hill
Randle
Jeffrey
Sanu
M Jones
D Jones
Criner
Quick
Childs
Broyles
Fuller
Streeter
Old 03-08-2012   #56
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
You just never know with WR's in the first round. It's good that Al Davis is no longer pulling the trigger though. Hill wouldn't last that long at all. I just don't know if 4 WR's will get taken in the top 20 picks. Prob will go Blackmon/Floyd/Wright/Hill in the 1st all together.
It's just my personal opinion, so take it for what you paid for it, but I think Wright falls in this draft and since Hill could be gone by the time we pick Konz may wind up being BPA and the Texans pick.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012   #57
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2407 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty sure Perry and Mercilus will be gone. Out of the guys left Konz is the best player available and we have nobody to speak of (Caldwell) behind our starters, Smith and Myers are 30, and Konz will probably be better that Brisiel before the season is over. If Wright does not slip to us I would go with Konz.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012   #58
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
Pretty sure Perry and Mercilus will be gone. Out of the guys left Konz is the best player available and we have nobody to speak of (Caldwell) behind our starters, Smith and Myers are 30, and Konz will probably be better that Brisiel before the season is over. If Wright does not slip to us I would go with Konz.
I'm not 100% sold on Konz though. Pass blocking, he's solid but as the one responsible for opening holes for Foster he's got a lot to work on. Zietler seems like the better OL of the two and he's strictly a power blocking OG.
I'm all for developing some more OL talent though. Couple guys I've honed in on are later round types, Brandon Mosley, Desmond Wynn, Markus Zusevics, Ryan Miller and Joe Looney. David Molk seems like Chris Myers v.2
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read