Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

View Poll Results: Texans 1st round pick is......
Mark Barron, S, Alabama 3 6.00%
Jerel Worthy, DT, Michigan State 3 6.00%
Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC 12 24.00%
Reuben Randle, WR, LSU 16 32.00%
Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin 16 32.00%
Stephen Hill, WR, Georgia Tech 17 34.00%
Alfred Ta'amu, DT, Washington 2 4.00%
Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois. 5 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2012   #21
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston 1st Round Selection Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I would prefer the Texans be a single person, not group pick.
I agree. Just seems like clashing agendas to have competing GM's making picks for another team.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I actually don't mind taking over the Texans if everybody would be okay with it.

I thought I would be too busy to participate this year so I never threw my hat into the ring when teams were picked. Things have changed though and I would be happy to take over a team if need be.
You have my vote. Texans will be in good hands.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I agree. Just seems like clashing agendas to have competing GM's making picks for another team.
Plus we wouldn't have the down time.

Who would be willing/committed to drafting for the Texans joining the draft late, Wolf 6151 maybe?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #24
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody have any issue with me taking over? Or would the members prefer somebody else?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #25
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Current list of owners:

Quote:
1- Colts -Doppelganger
2- Rams- pbat488
3- Vikings- Section516
4- Browns- Dutchrudder
5- Bucs- TexansSeminole
6- Redskins- Aussie Texan
7- Jaguars- HouTex
8- Dolphins- RMartin65
9- Panthers- Timekiller
10- Bills- Texan4Ever
11- Chiefs- Honoring Earl 34
12- Seahawks- Ndevine7
13- Cardinals- Brandon420tx
14- Cowboys- SteelBTexan
15- Eagles- Shaft75
16- Jets- kiwitexansfan
17- Bengals- Kaiser Toro
18- Chargers- Srrono
19- Bears- MistaRed
20- Titans- Seņor Stan
21- Bengals- Kaiser Toro
22- Browns- Dutchrudder
23- Lions- Super Mario
24- Steelers- Stingray
25- Broncos- JCTexan
26- Texans- Group Selection
27- Patriots- Beerlover
28- Packers-nytexan
29- Ravens- WolverineFan
30- 49ers- Rey
31- Patriots- Beerlover
32- Giants- KMG 365

***Falcons-
***Saints- RT22
***Raiders-
Bah007 doesn't own a team, but did do the Patriots (iirc) last year. I would be fine with him taking over the Texans. I know he will do a good job. If Wolf wants to jump back in the draft, I would suggest we hold the Falcons for him.
Old 03-07-2012   #26
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bah007 for Texans 2012!
Old 03-07-2012   #27
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm cool with Bah being the Texans GM. But we should keep this poll open til the morning and have it determine our #1 selection.(Stephen Hill)
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not at all

I'm looking forward to dogging your picks. LOL

Dont forget to PM the next person after you pick. Letting them know they are up.
Old 03-07-2012   #29
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm cool with bah taking over, but it should be after this selection. There's been over forty votes and it has been drawn out all night.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #30
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I'm cool with bah taking over, but it should be after this selection. There's been over forty votes and it has been drawn out all night.
What's the point of him taking over if we're just going to group select?

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #31
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104914 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
What's the point of him taking over if we're just going to group select?
Thank you.

If y'all want to group select that is fine.

But if you are going to hand the Texans over to me then I would like to make my own picks.
Old 03-07-2012   #32
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Thank you.

If y'all want to group select that is fine.

But if you are going the Texans over to me then I would like to make my own picks.
You've got my vote too. I think this will work alot better than group selection.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #33
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
40+ votes yet only 30 owners in the draft. We have no idea who is actually voting in this poll either. Could be 15 guys from our draft and 25 randoms. I'd rather get input from people who spent the time making draft boards and scouting teams to make this draft a success, rather than the people who aren't really participating. In any case, Bah007 is a very capable GM for the Texans, I have no problem deferring to his judgement.

If anyone else would like to hop in the mock, we do have the Falcons and Raiders available
Old 03-07-2012   #34
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
40+ votes yet only 30 owners in the draft. We have no idea who is actually voting in this poll either. Could be 15 guys from our draft and 25 randoms. I'd rather get input from people who spent the time making draft boards and scouting teams to make this draft a success, rather than the people who aren't really participating. In any case, Bah007 is a very capable GM for the Texans, I have no problem deferring to his judgement.

If anyone else would like to hop in the mock, we do have the Falcons and Raiders available
I was perfectly fine with bah making the selection (I posted it before I realized he made the pick). However, even if it there were twenty-five randoms selecting, they still had the top three guys mentioned at the top (Hill, Randle, Konz).
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #35
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

/thread

At least we know who the consensus pick would be. Stephen Hill baby!!!
Old 03-07-2012   #36
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Or hell, keep the thread open and sticky it. Let's see if the board can nail this pick before the draft.
Old 03-07-2012   #37
bah007
Hall of Fame

Cool Re: Houston 1st Round Selection Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
/thread

At least we know who the consensus pick would be. Stephen Hill baby!!!
Then again, when do the Texans actually go with the fans' consensus pick?
Old 03-07-2012   #38
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

If Mario's not gonna be here, then i'd like to see us snag up perry..the kid looks legit...we can get a WR later in the 2nd.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #39
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no problem with Bah007 as the Texans GM.

Stephen Hill and Ruben Randle are both good WR's but Hill has a higher ceiling and the potential to be great. Randle looks stiff and not as athletic. I'd take Marvin Jones before I'd take Randle. I agree with Shaft75, Stephen Hill-WR should be the Texans pick at #26.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012   #40
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I have no problem with Bah007 as the Texans GM.

Stephen Hill and Ruben Randle are both good WR's but Hill has a higher ceiling and the potential to be great. Randle looks stiff and not as athletic. I'd take Marvin Jones before I'd take Randle. I agree with Shaft75, Stephen Hill-WR should be the Texans pick at #26.
Randle is my #1 guy.

But I've got to admit there's not much difference between Randle and Marvin Jones.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read