Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-06-2012   #341
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Wow, this is draft is smoking along, well done everyone!!
I think it's moving along so wel because everybody had a team that they did research on before the Combine.

This is the best MB mock that I've participated in. Thanks everybody for putting forth the effort to know your teams and making your picks in a timely fashion.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #342
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think you may be right if we all agree we'll lose Myers or Briesel or both .
That's the difficulty of the decision, isn't it? If Myers or Brisiel are gone the pick here is Konz (imo). If both are re-signed then the pick is Worthy or a WR (Randle or Hill). It looks like the consensus right now is Konz. Any objections before I make it official?
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #343
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm against the Konz pick...I just watched some more clips of him and I'm not impressed...I'd much rather have Randle who looks like he will be a solid pro for years.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #344
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pretty much comes down to whichever you think is a bigger need. If we lose Myers or Brisiel then OL is a bigger need than WR, in part because WR is deeper and a quality prospect could be acquired in the 2nd round.

If you believe we re-sign both OL guys then Randle should be the pick. If you think we don't then Konz should be the pick and take a WR in the 2nd.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #345
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 11677 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

My choice for the Texans is Mark Barron.
MistaRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #346
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mark Barron would be a horrible pick.

Manning and Quin are good enough to get it done.

I am ok with Konz.

I would be looking at Perry just because pass rushers are king in the 3-4.

I think that we assume that Briesel or Myers is leaving, that we can't trust Caldwell and make Konz official.

We can get a decent WR later.
Old 03-06-2012   #347
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

nevermind

Last edited by JCTexan; 03-06-2012 at 08:35 PM.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #348
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mark Barron would be a horrible pick.

Manning and Quin are good enough to get it done.

I am ok with Konz.

I would be looking at Perry just because pass rushers are king in the 3-4.

I think that we assume that Briesel or Myers is leaving, that we can't trust Caldwell and make Konz official.

We can get a decent WR later.

I'm voting for Perry (no not that one). It never hurts to have a bunch of good pass-rushers.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #349
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Pretty much comes down to whichever you think is a bigger need. If we lose Myers or Brisiel then OL is a bigger need than WR, in part because WR is deeper and a quality prospect could be acquired in the 2nd round.

If you believe we re-sign both OL guys then Randle should be the pick. If you think we don't then Konz should be the pick and take a WR in the 2nd.
That may be true if you like Konz...I don't, so I don't care what the bigger need is...I wouldn't take him..

I think Zeitler is a better interior lineman (but Konz has more versatility), but he's off the board already...
Old 03-06-2012   #350
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I think we have as much agreement as we're going to get here.

With the 26th pick the Houston Texans select...

Peter Konz, OL, Wisconsin.
Not sure this would be a popular pick come draft day, even if we lose Myers and/or Briesel.

But you build from the inside out to win championships.
Old 03-06-2012   #351
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not sure this would be a popular pick come draft day, even if we lose Myers and/or Briesel.

Konz warms the cackles on my neck.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #352
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd prefer Stephen Hill but I have no problem with Peter Konz as long as he can play OG as well.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #353
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

So how did we come to the conclusion of drafting Konz? Is there a head count or what?

I thought everyone was pretty mixed on this. Shouldn't every owner get a chance to bring their input before we make it official?
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #354
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
So how did we come to the conclusion of drafting Konz? Is there a head count or what?

I thought everyone was pretty mixed on this. Shouldn't every owner get a chance to bring their input before we make it official?
Yes. Please.
Old 03-06-2012   #355
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

A poll that stays open for 12 hours, all MB voters can vote?

Konz
Randle
Perry
Barron

as options....
Old 03-06-2012   #356
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well come draft day Duane Brown and J.J. Watt were both booed by many Texans fans. OL picks are never the "sexy" choice but they are the most important unit on a roster IMO. If we lose Myers we need to add a talented guy in the middle to replace him.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #357
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Konz
Randle
Perry
Barron

as options....
I think a mazimum of 10 options can be used...might as well use them all..
Old 03-06-2012   #358
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think a mazimum of 10 options can be used...might as well use them all..
suggestions?
Old 03-06-2012   #359
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone make a poll with the top couple names- Barron, Konz, Randle, Perry.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #360
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Konz
Randle
Perry
Barron

as options....
Add in Hill and I'm good with that. You should start it up Kiwi.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read