Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-06-2012   #321
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
And the Houston Texans are now on the Clock! Group Selection time.
Yep. I hate to say it, but I think Mark Barron SS from Alabama might be the best selection here. I do like the idea of gettin Jerel Worthy as a new NT. I'm torn, someone else comment...

Guys I would consider:

Mark Barron SS 6'1" 223 Alabama
Jerel Worthy DT 6'3" 305 Michigan State
Nick Perry DE 6'3" 250 USC
Rueben Randle WR 6'4" 208 LSU
Peter Konz OC 6'5" 315 Wisconsin

Quote:
26- Texans- Group Selection
27- Patriots- Beerlover
28- Packers-nytexan
29- Ravens- WolverineFan
30- 49ers- Rey
31- Patriots- Beerlover
32- Giants- KMG 365
Old 03-06-2012   #322
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yep. I hate to say it, but I think Mark Barron SS from Alabama might be the best selection here. I do like the idea of gettin Jerel Worthy as a new NT. I'm torn, someone else comment...

Guys I would consider:

Randle or Konz, IMO. Randle would be the consensus pick for me right now, but if we lose Myers in FA I think you have to take Konz here and go WR in the 2nd.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #323
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Guys I would consider:

If we're drafting under the assumption Chris Myers is gone then I would go Konz here. Keep the O-Line strong.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #324
nytexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 1436 nytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respectednytexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Randle or Konz, IMO. Randle would be the consensus pick for me right now, but if we lose Myers in FA I think you have to take Konz here and go WR in the 2nd.
I agree but I'd vote for Randle if he's available though. Guard/Center/Nose Guard are next up.
Old 03-06-2012   #325
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Stephen Hill-WR
Peter Konz-C
Jerel Worthy-DT

I think it comes down to these 3 guys, all best available at their positions. We'll never get a consensus agreement so either someone needs to take the Texans in the draft to make the pick or post a poll.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #326
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Konz because he can play both Center or Guard so if we lose Myers or Brisiel. If we dont lose them he will be a solid back up.

Others I would like are:
Fletcher Cox DE 6-4 295 Mississippi State
Alameda Ta'amu DT 6-3 337 Washington
Nick Perry OLB 6-3 250 Southern California
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #327
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

My vote is for Stephen Hill.

Dude even looks like a baby Dre!

Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #328
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
My vote is for Stephen Hill.

Dude even looks like a baby Dre!

I dont see the Texans taking him with the 1st pick. FO is always saying they evail players based on game film, this kid has very little film plus they ran a run first offense that ran to opposite side of him because he was a subpar blocker.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #329
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I vote for Konz, he can play center or guard
Old 03-06-2012   #330
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

My vote is for Konz, especially if Meyer is gone.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #331
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Would like Konz but I'm tempted to take Nick Perry, dudes a beast and to pair him up with Cushing, Barwin, & Co...man think of that! I don't like Worthy, injury prone and didn't really WOW me when he played.

Or how about Devon Still from Penn State?
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #332
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39273 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Would like Konz but I'm tempted to take Nick Perry, dudes a beast and to pair him up with Cushing, Barwin, & Co...man think of that! I don't like Worthy, injury prone and didn't really WOW me when he played.

Or how about Devon Still from Penn State?
I just took Still with the Broncos pick.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #333
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I'd pick Konz because it'd be harder to find OL to fit our system, I really only like Konz and Molk for potential centers who can also play guard. Right now we're in a good position to get Konz so I would make that pick instead of gambling for Molk later
Old 03-06-2012   #334
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Konz = need
Mercilus = pass rusher
Barron = BPA
Randle= need
Old 03-06-2012   #335
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I'd pick Konz because it'd be harder to find OL to fit our system, I really only like Konz and Molk for potential centers who can also play guard. Right now we're in a good position to get Konz so I would make that pick instead of gambling for Molk later
Molk is a pure C, IMO. Sure he could play G, but why would you want him to. I actually like Konz more at G for us.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #336
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

My vote goes to Mark Barron
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #337
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

My vote goes:
1. Randle
2. Konz
3. Reyes
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #338
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 155137 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Barron is coming off double hernia surgey so I'm going Randle .
Old 03-06-2012   #339
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kontz= BPA
Kontz= Need

Pick should be a no brainer

If you want to try to hit a homerun then the pick is Hill. But Kontz is a HR on the OL.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #340
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Kontz= BPA
Kontz= Need

Pick should be a no brainer

If you want to try to hit a homerun then the pick is Hill. But Kontz is a HR on the OL.
I think you may be right if we all agree we'll lose Myers or Briesel or both .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read