Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2012   #1
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Franchise Tag

Any word on if we will use it or not? I know the deadline was today, I just don't know if they announce it right away, or take a little time to announce it....?

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #2
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Franchise Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Any word on if we will use it or not? I know the deadline was today, I just don't know if they announce it right away, or take a little time to announce it....?
Texans did NOT use thier tag.

Raiders: Safety Tyvon Branch. (Not signed yet.)

Eagles: Receiver DeSean Jackson. (Not signed yet.)

Falcons: Cornerback Brent Grimes. (Not signed yet.)

Redskins: Tight end Fred Davis. (Not signed yet.)

Ravens: Running back Ray Rice. (Not signed yet.)

49ers: Safety Dashon Goldson. (Not signed yet.)

Bears: Running back Matt Forte. (Not signed yet.)

Cardinals: Defensive end Calais Campbell. (Not signed yet.)

Bengals: Kicker Mike Nugent. (Not signed yet.)

Browns: Kicker Phil Dawson. (Not signed yet.)

Saints: Quarterback Drew Brees. (Not signed yet.)

Lions: Defensive end Cliff Avril. (Not signed yet.)

Jaguars: Kicker Josh Scobee. (Not signed yet.)

Broncos: Kicker Matt Prater. (Not signed yet.)

Titans: Safety Michael Griffin. (Not signed yet.)

Patriots: Receiver Wes Welker. (Not signed yet.)

Cowboys: Linebacker Anthony Spencer. (Not signed yet.)

Buccaneers: Kicker Connor Barth. (Not signed yet.)

Giants: Punter Steve Weatherford. (Not signed yet.)

Chiefs: Receiver Dwayne Bowe. (Not signed yet.)

Colts: Defensive end Robert Mathis. (Not signed yet.)
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #3
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess that means they aren't too worried about losing anyone....

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #4
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I guess that means they aren't too worried about losing anyone....
No, they are up against the cap. Franchising a guy right now would take a big cap hit and make it impossible to re-sign most of our other FA's.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #5
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
No, they are up against the cap. Franchising a guy right now would take a big cap hit and make it impossible to re-sign most of our other FA's.
I don't think that is the issue. Mario, Jacoby, MattL, are all gone and only Arian has replaced them so far.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #6
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107813 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
I don't think that is the issue. Mario, Jacoby, MattL, are all gone and only Arian has replaced them so far.
Jacoby and Matt L. are both currently under contract.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read