Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2012   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Hey, so sorry I didn't even catch that it started!

Did a little reading on the Panther's forum, seems quite clear they've locked in on getting a big time DT to boost their defensive front. Personally, I'd go with Melvin Ingram, David Decastro or even another DT but since this seems like the big flashy name pick I'd like to take the plunge:

DONTARI POE, DT, MEMPHIS

The big man who put up eye popping numbers. Why not? Could be the next Haloti Ngata. Could be the next Amobi Okoye.
Honestly, not a fan of the pick. I have Poe at ~32 on my board. Too much hype around the guy for me to spend a high first on him. I'd rather go with another DT that was available.

In any case, you can make the pick however you like. You don't have to worry too much about what other people or fans think about the team, you are the GM and you answer to nobody Pick who ever you think is best for that team according to your own evaluation. That could be BPA, position of need, guy with the cool name, surefire HOF guy... whatever, but don't feel pressured to make a pick based on the fanbase or beatwriter's opinions.

We got some time until the next pick, as the Bills GM said he won't pick until this evening.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read