Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-04-2012   #201
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

How many of you are all in with RG3?

Is he really worthy of being in the discussion with Luck, Kalil, Claiborne and Blackmon?
Old 03-04-2012   #202
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm all in with RG3.

I would trade this yrs 1st and 3rd and next yrs 1st and 3rd to get him. It probably still wont be enough to get him.

I consider him to be a better work ethic/ smarter version of Vick. He's going to be great. IMHO
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012   #203
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81420 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm all in with RG3.

I would trade this yrs 1st and 3rd and next yrs 1st and 3rd to get him. It probably still wont be enough to get him.

I consider him to be a better work ethic/ smarter version of Vick. He's going to be great. IMHO
I agree. However, Luck is going to be even better IMO.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012   #204
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm all in with RG3.

There is something in the back of my mind that came out last year that he was considering not turning pro. Does he live, eat, breathe football or is he a Carr clone?

I had a really good feeling for Dalton and even stronger for Newton, not so much for Griffin.

Although I can buy taking him to replace Ponder.
Old 03-05-2012   #205
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Next up:

7- Jaguars- HouTex
8- Dolphins- RMartin65
9- Panthers- Timekiller
10- Bills- Texan4Ever

Just want to reiterate this, it's for everyone's benefit so this doesn't last until the actual draft. Also, make sure your profile is set to an email that you use often.

Hey guys, one other thing that can help speed up this process is to enable email from other members on your profile. Some have it, some don't, but I would imagine people check their email more often than this site. To enable it, go to "User CP", then click "Edit Options" on the side and make sure you have the box checked for "Receive Email from Other Members". I may use that to notify people when they have it enabled.

Old 03-05-2012   #206
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I here! I'll make my pick here in a few. Thanks
Old 03-05-2012   #207
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

With the 8th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select:

Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

To me, this is a no-brainer pick. The Jags need help practically everywhere on defense. With Coples there at 8, the Jags had no choice but to select him and instantly upgrade their pass rush.
Old 03-05-2012   #208
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice pick. Coples was going to be the pick here if you took this guy...

With the 8th pick (the Jags were 7th), the Miami Dolphins select Iowa OT Riley Reiff, 6'6" 313 lbs

A big kid with a massive frame, Reiff will be a day one starter at RT for the Phish, and will likely be a 10-15 year starter at the position. I know it is the chic pick for the Dolphins, but I feel that it is the right move. Some picks just seem to click, and this one does. Also, I am not viewing QB as a huge need- I am banking on Flynn coming here in the off-season.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #209
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
With the 8th pick of the 2012 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select:

Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

To me, this is a no-brainer pick. The Jags need help practically everywhere on defense. With Coples there at 8, the Jags had no choice but to select him and instantly upgrade their pass rush.
You say the Jags need help practically everywhere on defense...

But weren't they pretty good defensively last year?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #210
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Yeah, the jags only real defensive needs are pass rushers. But this is turning the D into a super strength i would guess. Hard position to be in, without trades and FA. You'd have to suspect they've somewhat addressed the WR position.

Wish we could do these after FA, but then it rushes the process prior to the actual draft.
Old 03-05-2012   #211
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Yeah, the jags only real defensive needs are pass rushers. But this is turning the D into a super strength i would guess. Hard position to be in, without trades and FA. You'd have to suspect they've somewhat addressed the WR position.

Wish we could do these after FA, but then it rushes the process prior to the actual draft.
I'd be up for doing a 3 or 4 round draft April 1st. Maybe other would be interested too. It would be cool to compare the picks based on FA and franchise tags.
Old 03-05-2012   #212
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Picks have been updated.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90043
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #213
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a heads up, I will be making my pick at the end of the day (I have exams and stuff).
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #214
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

It seems the Jaguars have been picking DEs high for years with not much return.
Old 03-05-2012   #215
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

They were pretty good last year due to their DT and LB play, imo. They need pass rushers, safeties and another CB. They really need safeties, but there's none worthy of a 1st round pick.
Old 03-05-2012   #216
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

On the clock:

9- Panthers- Timekiller
10- Bills- Texan4Ever
11- Chiefs- Honoring Earl 34
12- Seahawks- Ndevine7
13- Cardinals- Brandon420tx
14- Cowboys- SteelBTexan
15- Eagles- Shaft75

I have PM'd Timekiller. By the way, please note at the bottom of your pick when you PM the next person. It will help things move faster if the person making the current pick PMs the next guy. Keep it flowing and enable emails in your profile!
Old 03-05-2012   #217
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

three tackles in the top 10. very need focused. other than Kalil not sure they all grade out this high. never the less solid additions.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #218
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
three tackles in the top 10. very need focused. other than Kalil not sure they all grade out this high. never the less solid additions.
From what I've looked at, not sure there are many top 10 worthy players.

Weak draft?
Old 03-05-2012   #219
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey, so sorry I didn't even catch that it started!

Did a little reading on the Panther's forum, seems quite clear they've locked in on getting a big time DT to boost their defensive front. Personally, I'd go with Melvin Ingram, David Decastro or even another DT but since this seems like the big flashy name pick I'd like to take the plunge:

DONTARI POE, DT, MEMPHIS

The big man who put up eye popping numbers. Why not? Could be the next Haloti Ngata. Could be the next Amobi Okoye.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012   #220
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Hey, so sorry I didn't even catch that it started!

Did a little reading on the Panther's forum, seems quite clear they've locked in on getting a big time DT to boost their defensive front. Personally, I'd go with Melvin Ingram, David Decastro or even another DT but since this seems like the big flashy name pick I'd like to take the plunge:

DONTARI POE, DT, MEMPHIS

The big man who put up eye popping numbers. Why not? Could be the next Haloti Ngata. Could be the next Amobi Okoye.
They took a 'gamble' last year on Cam, why not roll the dice again. If the guy learns how to play football, he could be a beast.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read