Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2012   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grantland: Free Agent Hype Chronicles: Arian Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't think the Texans will let Foster get away but Schaub and AJ led the league in passing and receiving with no running game. This offense does not all depend on the RB.
That was two years ago in 2010, too. Not so in 2011.

Both AJ and Schaub went down with major injuries, not a mere tweaked hamstring like Foster had in preseason and beginning of 2011 reg season.

I would stake this team's future on Arian Foster at this point. And if he's gone, there has to be an upgrade at QB because we all know full well that the chances of Schaub returning to 2010 form is somewhere between slim and none. Schaub > Yates. But is post-Lisfranc Schaub > Yates? And is Yates got the juice to get it done if he doesn't have a formidable RB like Arian Foster and teams are keying on Ben Tate every Sunday?

I "get it" that Schaub is not a bum. But IF you had the chance to grab a prospect like RG3, since you've lost Foster and you don't know if Schaub will fully bounce back AND you don't know if Yates has the stuff, why don't you take the gamble? Everything else on this team is NOT a gamble unless 2011 was a fluke. The only gamble you're taking is the two 1st rounders you have this year and probably next year's first too. In essence, treat your 2nd round picks in 2012 and 2013 as if it was your 1st round picks...because you'd be drafting somewhere between 26 and 32 anyways in the 1st round next year.

I know there's no way. I see a more prudent course to follow, to save the 1st rounders and stay the course, etc. It's like in Godfather when Tessio chose poorly...Michael admits it was the right play, it just didn't work out for Tessio. Kubiak doesn't want to become the next Tessio. He will stay the course and not go Daniel Snyder all of a sudden.

Which brings us back to Arian Foster. Because Kubiak will stay the course with Schaub and Yates (and might add another prospect like he did with Yates in 2011) I am betting that this means Kubiak demands Arian Foster be signed long-term so as to give Yates the security blanket he's going to need. If your young gun QB is to have a sporting chance, he has to have as many weapons as he can get. That's my bet. Kubiak NEEDS Foster if he stays the course with what he has QB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read