Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-03-2012   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bah007 Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I'm leaning towards someone like Mike Martin, Josh Chapman, or Brandon Thompson somewhere between the 2nd and 4th rounds. They are all close to 310 lbs and should provide good depth behind Cody. Then Mitchell can be rotated with the DE's or the NT's. Having Mitchell able to play either position is a great tool to have. Not saying Wade will do this, but it sure would be nice.
Chapman would be interesting as closer to what I want. I was not a fan all season then found out he tore ACL and played anyway..
Old 03-03-2012   #22
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I agree with Corrosion that Texans want WR but imo not gonna get a starter #26 unless my guy Wright is there. Trade down!!
I think Alshon Jeffery and Ruben Randle have late first round talent .... It all depends on who's left at other positions when deciding to take either .... If there is a significantly higher rated player at any number of positions available it would affect the decision .... If you get a steal late in the roundyou have to take advantage of it and address WR later in the draft or in FA.

I really wonder where Ryan Broyles falls .... He was a first round talent prior to injury and may come in with a chip on his shoulder & something to prove.

Im also high on DeVier Posey .... He has fantastic hands , great acceleration & change of direction. Tho not as big as some of the others at "only" 6'1" 210. I think he would fit well in the slot on this squad. I saw this guy doing some live drills and came away thoroughly impressed ....

Those two guy's would be my targets at the WR position in the 3rd to 4th rounds.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think Alshon Jeffery and Ruben Randle have late first round talent .... It all depends on who's left at other positions when deciding to take either .... If there is a significantly higher rated player at any number of positions available it would affect the decision .... If you get a steal late in the roundyou have to take advantage of it and address WR later in the draft or in FA.

I really wonder where Ryan Broyles falls .... He was a first round talent prior to injury and may come in with a chip on his shoulder & something to prove.

Im also high on DeVier Posey .... He has fantastic hands , great acceleration & change of direction. Tho not as big as some of the others at "only" 6'1" 210. I think he would fit well in the slot on this squad. I saw this guy doing some live drills and came away thoroughly impressed ....

Those two guy's would be my targets at the WR position in the 3rd to 4th rounds.
The franchise time limit is almost up. Will there be a Texan? How about a free agent WR? Mike Wallace is young & proven he would be immediate starter. I'm not one to trade first round picks but in this case I would make an exception.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
The franchise time limit is almost up. Will there be a Texan? How about a free agent WR? Mike Wallace is young & proven he would be immediate starter. I'm not one to trade first round picks but in this case I would make an exception.
I like Wallace & last I heard he has not been tagged. Still take a lot of $ to sign him. If the contract was right, I would give #26 but prefer Bowe.
Old 03-03-2012   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

I like Broyles or Jordan White, 4th & 5th respectfully. I don't want to risk a first on a Jeffery. He could turn out well but he scares me.
Old 03-03-2012   #26
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post

Hard to say what Smith will do with the Texans franchise tag .... What Ive heard is that they dont "need to" franchise Foster. That they are close to a deal .... (take that for what its worth). But if/when he hits the open market sh!t could hit the fan and change things. Hopefully we hear they have locked him up prior to Monday's tag deadline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I like Wallace & last I heard he has not been tagged. Still take a lot of $ to sign him. If the contract was right, I would give #26 but prefer Bowe.

Point blank , the Texans couldnt sign Wallace to a deal that Pittsburgh couldnt / wouldnt match in their current cap situation. Its a pipe dream ...

Giving up #26 would be relatively painless for his production .... tho I wonder how he would perform in the Texans more system driven precision offense where his routes are much more complex than with the Steelers & Rothlesberger improvising .... while he streaks up the seam or sideline or a comeback route because the QB bought himself time.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read