Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-02-2012   #161
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
im home and ready i have SD has draft started yet?
Yes and No...

Dopp is on the clock...he has the first pick...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #162
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

My apologies. I thought we were starting this on Monday since SuperMario was out of town.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #163
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 35195 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Good morning/afternoon to all of the other teams in the Texans Talk Mock draft. The DoppelColts are now ready to make our selection.

As a struggling franchise we have decided to do a full analysis of our team needs. At a careful and critique study we have concluded that our team sucks and we need help across the board. We would have liked to have traded own and acquired more picks, but since that was not possible, we have ultimately decided to stay put and make a choice.

We select this young man becuase he can pass the ball accurately and was able to hit on 70+% passing. He did this with and without a QB guru leading him down the field. He can throw from the pocket and the run. He has the arm to make all the throws. Good teams are built on good passing and we feel this young man more than justifies this spot. In this draft, there is nothing that is a certainity, but we feel he is truly a cornerstone of our franchise.

Without any further ado, The DoppelColts are pleased to present to you our number 1 selection of the First Round: Mr. Andrew Luck!

Last edited by Doppelganger; 03-02-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2012   #164
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Great selection by the DoppelColts.

I just hate that Luck is now in our division. Luckily we have a pretty stellar defense and pass rush that will give the rookie some fits. Sorry Oliver, but I hope to see your son laid out several times in his NFL career.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #165
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Safe pick by doppleganger.

I was wondering if he would over think it and do something crazy.
Old 03-02-2012   #166
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Safe pick by doppleganger.

I was wondering if he would over think it and do something crazy.
REALLY wanted to trade down and acquire picks. If I was the real GM of the Colts, that's what I would have done. I think its certainly feasible to get a boatload of picks for #1 this year and extra picks can revitalize the organization.

That said, if I have to stay put, I'll take Luck.

Old 03-02-2012   #167
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Great selection by the DoppelColts.

I just hate that Luck is now in our division. Luckily we have a pretty stellar defense and pass rush that will give the rookie some fits. Sorry Oliver, but I hope to see your son laid out several times in his NFL career.
One thing we don't know for sure at this time is if Luck is ok with going to the Colts. Eli maneuvered his way out of San Diego and Elway out of Baltimore. I don't know what Luck thinks about Indy.

Old 03-02-2012   #168
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

everyone knows this pick is getting traded and rg3 is gonna go here to whoever offers the most, but i'm gonna draft as if the rams received 0 decent offers and have to stay with the 2nd overall pick.

with that in mind, with the 2nd overall pick in the 2012 texans talk mock draft the st. louis rams select...

matt kalil, ot, usc

with many deficiencies on their team and a host of choices to make to help fix those, the rams decide to help keep their talented young QB on his feet and on the field. with so much invested in bradford, the rams decide to protect him from a david carr scenario and select the top rated tackle in the 2012 draft class. great feet, athleticism, and power make him a future bookend on the rams line for years to come.

the minnesota vikings and section516 are on the clock!
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #169
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Vikings r up. lost your LT might as well get rid of last years #1 pick right now

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #170
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Sam Bradford dropped to his knees and prayed to Jesus! Kalil is going to be a solid left tackle in the NFL; I see many Pro Bowls for this guy.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #171
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice pick by the Rams. If they don't trade back this is the pick they should make.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #172
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I PM'd Section516. Hopefully he will make a pick soon. He could go any way here.
Old 03-02-2012   #173
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19403 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT22 View Post
I will take the Saints if they are still avalible. Thanks RT22
thats unlucky mate
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #174
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

In the meantime, I would like to discuss what the next team up should do. Since Kalil is gone and there really isn't a top five CB available, I think the Vikings should go for Justin Blackmon to pair up with Percy Harvin. In any case, WR should be the pick here.
Old 03-02-2012   #175
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice Rams pick. Can't go wrong building from the inside out.
Old 03-02-2012   #176
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
In the meantime, I would like to discuss what the next team up should do. Since Kalil is gone and there really isn't a top five CB available, I think the Vikings should go for Justin Blackmon to pair up with Percy Harvin. In any case, WR should be the pick here.
Ummm, Maurice Claiborne isn't a top 5 CB? What are you talking about?

In Any case the Browns pick is pretty obvious once the Vikings make theirs, unless he goes out on a limb and takes my guy.
Old 03-03-2012   #177
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65204 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

In Any case the Browns pick is pretty obvious once the Vikings make theirs, unless he goes out on a limb and takes my guy.
I agree. Vikes pick is a no brainer here and so is Cleveland.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012   #178
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

I would still choose Blackmon over Claiborne.
Old 03-03-2012   #179
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6688 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just watched the DT/LB combine on my DVR, and from here on out I think we should presume the next pick will always be Poe. Since he's got the build of a brick sh*t-house, the strength of an ox, and the feet of a river dancer. I'm surprised he didn't go #1 to the Colts...

But wait a second, do GM's look at game film? You wouldn't think so if you've heard Mayock's rambling. /sarcasm

But seriously, the next pick should be Claiborne. He made playing CB in the SEC look easy.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012   #180
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I would still choose Blackmon over Claiborne.
Claiborne over Blackmon

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read