Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-01-2012   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans chat with T.J. Yates earlier today

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/li...3-ce384fb5d8fe

Quote:
Comment From clint
How is it like working with the coaching staff of the Tezans and matt Shaub?
12:03

T.J. Yates:
It's really great working with the coaching staff last year. They taught me a lot during the season and when I started playing, I learned a lot more not only from the coaches but from Matt. He really helped me out with a lot of the on-the-field things as well as in the film room, and it was great having him as an extra coach.
12:03

Comment From Diego
Hey TJ. Great Job this season you made the Texans proud! What are you working on this off-season that you thought might need work
12:04

T.J. Yates:
Thanks, Diego. I'm really working on correcting my mistakes from last year. I did some good things, but I did a lot of things that need to be fixed, and just a lot of extra work in the film room, really going back and looking at all my weaknesses from last year and trying to correct those during this offseason.
12:04

Comment From Santos
TJ I was at the game in Jax where you came in and thought you did an outstanding job filling in. Question is: Where do you see yourself in 2-3 years?
12:05

T.J. Yates:
In 2-3 years, I'm still going to be under contract with the Texans, so I hope to be here. I love this organization, all the coaches and the players. It's a really first-class organization, and I hope to be here for a very long time.
I snickered at his response even thought I know it wasn't Foster

Quote:

12:31

Comment From Arian Foster
You like handing the ball to me, or hitting me on a wheel route better?
12:31

T.J. Yates:
I like hitting you on a wheel route and having you take it 80 for a touchdown. It helps my stats.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #2
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans chat with T.J. Yates earlier today

LOL it probably was Foster. He's like that.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I learned a lot more not only from the coaches but from Matt. He really helped me out with a lot of the on-the-field things as well as in the film room, and it was great having him as an extra coach.
People need to appreciate this for its demonstration of Schaub's leadership. Shouting is not the only expression of leadership.
Old 03-03-2012   #4
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
People need to appreciate this for its demonstration of Schaub's leadership. Shouting is not the only expression of leadership.
Very true. I'd venture to say that very few NFL starting QBs would have done even half of what he did to help Yates.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's good, but you need to say it like this:

YOU MUST APPRECIATE THIS FOR ITS DEMONSTRATION OF SCHAUB'S LEADERSHIP!!! PEOPLE, SHOUTING IS NOT THE ONLY EXPRESSION OF LEADERSHIP!!!!!!!!! SO, STOP IT!!!!!!!!

There ya go.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012   #6
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. I remember on 610 they were discussing weather or not Schaub was a leader. Most callers and texters claimed he was not. I disagreed.
Fili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012   #7
brad77
Rookie

Section: Sec 350 Row E
Rep Power: 275 brad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrad77 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
That's good, but you need to say it like this:

YOU MUST APPRECIATE THIS FOR ITS DEMONSTRATION OF SCHAUB'S LEADERSHIP!!! PEOPLE, SHOUTING IS NOT THE ONLY EXPRESSION OF LEADERSHIP!!!!!!!!! SO, STOP IT!!!!!!!!

There ya go.
I think it is a testament to the whole team. I heard and interview with Wade where he talked about the fact that Mario never missed a team meeting and was at every practice. I see a lot of dedication from all the players on the team, doing what they can to help out. This is one of the reasons we where so successful last season even with the number of injuries we had. We have a team full of genuine leaders.. not just in the coaches, but in the players as well.
brad77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2012   #8
SeminoleTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 112 SeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeminoleTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
LOL it probably was Foster. He's like that.
LOL I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Foster.
SeminoleTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

12:35

Comment from Ed Reed

When you threw your dirty socks into the laundry basket this morning, did you pause for a second and check the hallway because you thought you saw me breaking on the toss?

-----------------

Just trying to be funny. I have nothing of value to add to the discussion

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read