Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-15-2012   #21
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans Unrestricted FAs ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Here is my take....
Yup, we pretty much agree.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #22
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 118532 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Unrestricted FAs ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Arian Foster (duh), Chris Myers, and that's hard for me to say (after all the crow I've eaten over him), Dresseen AND NO, not necessarily Mario.

Just get Arian, Myers and Dreessen signed this offseasom and I'm fine with the FA signings!!
Why would you eat crow over Myers. He was just bad earlier in his time with the Texans and the critics were right to say so.

I'm glad he turned it around, but it doesn't change the past.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
for all of u saying lets keep "Mike Brisiel" i get it hes good hes been on the team for like forever and yall wanna keep the same oline like the same players n all that stuff .....BUT IMO hes just a name player now meaning

He is coming off injury he does get injured and he can be upgraded IMO and for much cheaper ...just sayin
I wouldn't mind replacing Brisiel. But I was more concerned with Wade Smith this year. Brisiel played hurt, he's a hoss... there was that one game he got called for 3 false starts on the same drive..... one of those was actually Winston's call, but generally, the line plays pretty clean.

I don't care to change out 2/5ths of the OL during any one offseason.

He won't be overly expensive. I'd like to get someone who can start for Wade Smith by the end of the preseason. I wouldn't mind getting someone who could take Brisiel's spot by midseason, but he may already be on the roster.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind playing Butler at RT, moving Winston to RG, then replacing Wade at LG with a FA or high draft pick.
Old 02-15-2012   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Foster is a REstricted FAs.... The thread is about the UNrestricted FAs....

probably why u got neg repped....
Oh do you think so doctor? Brilliant!

I know Foster is an RA; that's called drunk-posting (or a least a slight buzz).
Old 02-15-2012   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
PS... Those two of y'all that "neg. repped" me, y'all got some your own way!!
A rep war with TB is .... a losing battle.

Since when did we pass out neg rep for .... minor things like Foster being discussed as a RFA in a UFA thread ?

Dont sweat it TB , my green dot more than makes up for their lil pea shooter.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Since when did we pass out neg rep for .... minor things like Foster being discussed as a RFA in a UFA thread ?

Just repped. Also, I just responded to your PM!
Old 02-15-2012   #27
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 8706 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ok who would U keep and who are U wishin them well in there future endeavors ????

Unrestricted FAs

30 Jason Allen CB KEEP
34 Dominique Barber SS PAY SOMEBODY TO TAKE
65 Mike Brisiel G/C KEEP
93 Tim Bulman DE MAKE SOME EFFORT TO KEEP
17 Jake Delhomme QB LET GO
52 Tim Dobbins ILB LET GO
85 Joel Dreessen TE LET GO
7 Jeff Garcia QB TRY TO KEEP
89 Bryant Johnson WR LET GO
55 Chris Myers C KEEP
4 Neil Rackers K KEEP
64 Kasey Studdard G LET GO
1 Matt Turk P LET GO
32 Derrick Ward RB KEEP
90 Mario Williams OLB/DE TENDER OR TRADE
My answers in CAPS. How about a thread on restricted FA's?
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #28
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216794 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
My answers in CAPS. How about a thread on restricted FA's?
I believe that Foster is the Texans lone RFA.

There is a complete list of FA's in the NFL section.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #29
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post

Freakin' amateurs!! Just responded to your next PM!!!

"Freakin' amateurs" are awesome!!!

Old 02-16-2012   #30
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh do you think so doctor? Brilliant!

I know Foster is an RA; that's called drunk-posting (or a least a slight buzz).
Ah got boss, you weren't as think as drunk you are....

that happens when you have tee many martoonies....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #31
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
PS... Those two of y'all that "neg. repped" me, y'all got some your own way!!
I got ya TB. I didn't see nuttin' that deserved a -1. So have a +1 on me
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012   #32
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Yankee texan did u just say see ya to chris myers this dude went to the probowl ......... And hes like one of the top 4 centers in the leauge ......
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012   #33
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't mind playing Butler at RT, moving Winston to RG, then replacing Wade at LG with a FA or high draft pick.
Can't claim this as my own observation TK, I haven't quite got to this level of technical analysis yet with O-line play, but I've seen it mentioned that Butler doesn't really 'fit' at RT as well as he does at LT.

When discussing the Wade Smith situation, having seen what effect it has on the guys next door on the O-line when they have poor players playing alongside them, I'd guess that Wade Smith can't have been that big of a problem last year otherwise Duane Brown and Chris Myers wouldn't have had elite level seasons at their positions.

Overall, I don't like the idea of letting O-line starters go, basically, if you're going to replace someone on the O-line, make sure it happens through a camp battle, when Wade Smith was brought in he wasn't a guaranteed starter, he had to win the battle, I don't like the idea of being left hoping that your new guy is better than the guy you've just let go.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
When discussing the Wade Smith situation, having seen what effect it has on the guys next door on the O-line when they have poor players playing alongside them, I'd guess that Wade Smith can't have been that big of a problem last year otherwise Duane Brown and Chris Myers wouldn't have had elite level seasons at their positions.
Good point
Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Overall, I don't like the idea of letting O-line starters go, basically, if you're going to replace someone on the O-line, make sure it happens through a camp battle, when Wade Smith was brought in he wasn't a guaranteed starter, he had to win the battle, I don't like the idea of being left hoping that your new guy is better than the guy you've just let go.
I agree... never said different.
Old 02-28-2012   #35
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Unrestricted FAs

30 Jason Allen CB - if 'reasonable' for the player he is, we need cb depth
34 Dominique Barber SS - if 'reasonable' for the player he is, we need safety depth
65 Mike Brisiel G/C - RE-SIGN
93 Tim Bulman DE - he will be on the roster, no matter how many times we cut him he works his way back on the roster
17 Jake Delhomme QB - see ya
52 Tim Dobbins ILB - if he'll take special teams pay
85 Joel Dreessen TE - RESIGN
7 Jeff Garcia QB - see ya
89 Bryant Johnson WR - see ya (assuming a WR in the draft early)
55 Chris Myers C - see ya
4 Neil Rackers K - if we can get someone better, see ya, but kickers league wide seem to suck lately?
64 Kasey Studdard G - see ya if Butler is healty
1 Matt Turk P - see ya, Hartman is back
32 Derrick Ward RB - re-sign if it makes salary sense
90 Mario Williams OLB/DE - if we can get good picks for him, bye, I don't think we can afford to keep him
LMAO - thank you TheMedic01 for pointing this out, Chris Myers was a typo.

Corrected:

55 Chris Myers C - RESIGN

(with the gift of hindsight, we now know we MAY not be able to afford him. Might have to choose between him and Brisel, and I think a center is harder to replace)
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-28-2012   #36
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Yankee texan did u just say see ya to chris myers this dude went to the probowl ......... And hes like one of the top 4 centers in the leauge ......
Total brain lapse - did not mean it at all.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 02-28-2012   #37
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
LMAO - thank you TheMedic01 for pointing this out, Chris Myers was a typo.

Corrected:

55 Chris Myers C - RESIGN

(with the gift of hindsight, we now know we MAY not be able to afford him. Might have to choose between him and Brisel, and I think a center is harder to replace)
If we need to replace Myers, Konz could be there #26. I also like Blake in 3rd but not sure which could pick up our ZBS quickest.
Old 02-29-2012   #38
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Unrestricted FAs

30 Jason Allen CB gone
34 Dominique Barber SS resign if cheap
65 Mike Brisiel G/C gone
93 Tim Bulman DE gone
17 Jake Delhomme QB gone
52 Tim Dobbins ILB resign
85 Joel Dreessen TE gone
7 Jeff Garcia QB gone
89 Bryant Johnson WR gone
55 Chris Myers C resign
4 Neil Rackers K resign
64 Kasey Studdard G resign if cheap
1 Matt Turk P gone
32 Derrick Ward RB gone
90 Mario Williams OLB/DE resign but doubt he will be here
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #39
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If we need to replace Myers, Konz could be there #26. I also like Blake in 3rd but not sure which could pick up our ZBS quickest.
I like DAVID MOLK C, Michigan in 5th for HOU. He put up 41 reps in bench and looks suited for zone blk scheme.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=37743
2011 GRADE: 6.3 F O HT: 6-2 WT: 286
A shorter, compact lineman who looks nearly maxed out physically, despite weighing 288-pounds. Looks a little tight hipped trying to sit into his stance, but has a quick first step, and snaps and steps very quickly. Creates leverage for himself consistently, extends his arms and can easily reach and seal on plays off his frame. Displays a compact, sturdy punch and can stun defenders at the point. Looks really natural when asked to quickly reach block on runs to the perimeter, as he's coordinated getting his feet around and can seal the edge routinely. Displays natural range/balance getting into blocks at the second level as well. Breakdowns well showcasing the ability to routinely seal on contact.

Now, lacks the power to win as an in-line guy. Keeps his base down, but doesn't have the lower body power to create a push inside. However, does do a nice job chipping at the line, re-directing and reaching secondary targets. Displays great awareness in the run game as well and routinely carries out assignments.

His tightness in the hips shows up more so in pass protection where he has the initial first step and foot quickness to reach defenders off his frame, but gets upright, isn't real long armed and struggles to gain leverage and anchor on contact. Can routinely be overwhelmed vs. the bull rush inside and needs to play in tandem. Possesses some natural shuffle and slide ability in space, extends his arms well off the snap, keeps his base under him and can mirror initially. Will struggle with leverage because of arm length and is inconsistent with hand placement hurting his ability to stick to his man. I can't see him holding up routinely inside one-one-one in the pass game vs. NFL caliber defensive tackles.

Impression: A perfect fit for the Michigan's run first spread offense where he consistently plays to his strengths. However, he's an overachiever who looks like a potential starter in only a zone scheme in my view.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #40
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
I like DAVID MOLK C, Michigan in 5th for HOU. He put up 41 reps in bench and looks suited for zone blk scheme.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...l&player=37743
2011 GRADE: 6.3 F O HT: 6-2 WT: 286
A shorter, compact lineman who looks nearly maxed out physically, despite weighing 288-pounds. Looks a little tight hipped trying to sit into his stance, but has a quick first step, and snaps and steps very quickly. Creates leverage for himself consistently, extends his arms and can easily reach and seal on plays off his frame. Displays a compact, sturdy punch and can stun defenders at the point. Looks really natural when asked to quickly reach block on runs to the perimeter, as he's coordinated getting his feet around and can seal the edge routinely. Displays natural range/balance getting into blocks at the second level as well. Breakdowns well showcasing the ability to routinely seal on contact.

Now, lacks the power to win as an in-line guy. Keeps his base down, but doesn't have the lower body power to create a push inside. However, does do a nice job chipping at the line, re-directing and reaching secondary targets. Displays great awareness in the run game as well and routinely carries out assignments.

His tightness in the hips shows up more so in pass protection where he has the initial first step and foot quickness to reach defenders off his frame, but gets upright, isn't real long armed and struggles to gain leverage and anchor on contact. Can routinely be overwhelmed vs. the bull rush inside and needs to play in tandem. Possesses some natural shuffle and slide ability in space, extends his arms well off the snap, keeps his base under him and can mirror initially. Will struggle with leverage because of arm length and is inconsistent with hand placement hurting his ability to stick to his man. I can't see him holding up routinely inside one-one-one in the pass game vs. NFL caliber defensive tackles.

Impression: A perfect fit for the Michigan's run first spread offense where he consistently plays to his strengths. However, he's an overachiever who looks like a potential starter in only a zone scheme in my view.
Isn't that kinda light even for our ZBS?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read