Hall of Fame
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cologne, Germany
Rep Power: 34366
Mocking Madness - of just a little try by a german guy...
so this is it. My mock draft this year. As always I haven`t seen a lot of college football this year - I´ve just read a lot and made up this list. I know that I was kinda optimistic with some of these players, but hey, I´m a German so that`s ok.
1. Dontari Poe NT - Yeah, after the combine there is a good chance that he will be gone by this point. Dude is a beast and probably a future All-Star. Would make our D-Line/OLBs practically unstopable. And since Blackmon and Floyd should be long gone he is my no brainer if he is still on the board.
2. Nick Toon WR - Here is our future #2 receiver. Toon is the son of a pro football WR with good measurables and a high football IQ. He is very pro-ready and should be able to start this season. No big upside as a true Nr.1 but a pretty sure thing at WR2.
3. Brandon Washingten OG - He is still a little raw and probably needs some time to develope, but he has all the physical skill you might ask for. He should be able to be a back up his first year and should find his way into our starting line up in one or two years.
4. Joe Adams WR - A four year starter with an exceptional senior bowl. He is a little small, but he should have a great career as a slot receiver. Has great speed and great rac ability, and should help at KR and PR right away. He needs to work on his hands and make some smarter decisions though.
5. J.K. Schaffer ILB - A little small for an ILB but that dude is a player. 114 tackles with 12.5 tackles for a loss, 3.5 sacks, three interceptions, three forced fumbles and six passes broken up last season alone. He will need to adjust to pro level, but he could be the sleeper of the draft.
6. Kellen Moore QB - People don`t believe he can make the transition to the NFL. But he is a player I am willing on taking a chance on. Had an oustanding college career and is full of passion for the game. Let Kubiak work his magic on him. Also drafting a QB here means, we can cut Leinart and save a couple of bucks.
7. Chris Jacobson G - Had a little trouble with a knee injury last year, but is the perfect player to take a chance on in the 7th round. Perfectly build for a zone blocking scheme and might be able to play some center as well.
That`s it. Let me know what you think.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|