Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-28-2012   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 145918 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Late Morning Mock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm feeling Mockalicious right now....

Here's another with a trade back:

Tannehill may be on the board and Washington probably won't get RG3 nor Luck. They may want to trade back up into the first to and grab Tannehill...

So I'd trade them our pick for their 2nd, 3rd and next years 5th.

2) Rueben Randle, WR

2) Tommy Streeter, WR

3) Janzen Jackson, FS

3) Mike Martin, NT

4) Chris Rainey, RB, Slot, Returner

5) Ryan Miller, OG

6) Asa Jackson , CB

7) Grant Garner , C
I've mentioned the Washington scenario but dislike you selections.
Old 02-28-2012   #22
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
You don't see Toon or Randle as risks?
With Rueben Randle, he just looks more polished to me than any other WR in this draft...including Floyd & Blackmon.

But Toon to me is the most underated WR in this draft imo.

For 1, He & Floyd are damn identical from a build standpoint.

2. He's a damn good blocker coming from the run heavy Badgers, which you know kubiak Loves from his WR's.

3. He's got the pedigree his father being NY Jet great Al Toon; & you can tell by watching him play, his dad has imparted a good understanding of how to play the position to him. He runs good routes, comes back for the ball & has damn good hands. He's got pretty good body control & when he does get the ball in hands, he's a load to bring down.

4., he's a high character kid.

Now true, he doesn't explode off the line, but 1 thing i've noticed is that he knows how to get open despite not having elite speed. Reminds me alot of Marques Colston.

Maybe you could wait to get him in the 2nd...but you may have to move up (or back in the 1st) for him b/c i'd hate to see a team like NO, Jax or Tenn. get him.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #23
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85187 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I here you and I thought about that.

I think we are at a point though where we don't have to target starters...Hell, even last year Watt was the only starter out of the gate...

I think we can take some calculated risks with some prospects that have the potential to be great players. If you just hit on one or two of these guys and they live up to their potential it changes this team into a super power.
Overall, yes we have that much talent to take risks. However, WR seems to be the consensus biggest need for us right now and I don't see how adding Streeter upgrades the position for next year. He's very raw, a project player. If WR wasn't a big need then I'd see no problem taking him and developing him, but under the current circumstances I don't see how adding a project player at WR helps us next year.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #24
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85187 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
With Rueben Randle, he just looks more polished to me than any other WR in this draft...including Floyd & Blackmon.
I don't see how anyone could conclude that Floyd ISN'T the most polished WR in this draft.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I don't see how anyone could conclude that Floyd ISN'T the most polished WR in this draft.
Agreed

And I'm a Randle guy.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read