Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012   #1
amazing80
Site Contributor
 
amazing80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Elkhron, WI
Section: my couch
Posts: 1,479
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default A Noobs mock

Here is my first mock on this site


Round 1. Fletcher Cox. A good sized NT with a great burst and solid hands. He can attack the gaps and apply pressure up the gut and is stout enough to hold the POA. He fits the size bill Wade tends to lean on at the NT spot. He has great character and and 0 red flags, which our staff likes. He would fit in well with our defense.

Round 2. Marvin Jones. I LOVE this kid. Comes from a pro style offense with similar routes and motions. He runs crisp routes and uses his body (though not the biggest guy) to shield the ball and catches almost everything. Great speed and great hands with ok size. IMO the best wide out from this class.....I just have an eye for this thing...

Round 3. Philip Blake. A solid interior line men, best as C. We need depth along the line and a guy who is versatile like Blake is most practical for our scheme. His great combine made him a late 3rd, great value here.

Round 4. Leonard Johnson. A good sized corner who is good at everything, but not spectacular. Will be another guy (similar to Harris from last season) who will come in and sit and gain skills to be a better pro. He could turn into a great number 2 or a great nickel corner. Smith is fascinated by mid round corners, so I doubt the trend stops.

Round 5. Greg Child, a good sized wr. Was a top prospect entering college, but never hit his stride, then tore his ACL. He performed great at the combine and is a risk/reward guy. Great explosion and good speed for his size. Well worth the risk in the 5th.

Round 6. Brandon Bolden. A good rb who always split carries. Never averaged LESS than 4.8 ypc and a good receiver out of the backfield. His measurements do not jump out at you but he is EXTREMELY great at the 3 cone, which is essential for the ZBS imo....Great size and seems to be nifty at his size. Looks like another Foster, but not quite as good. Could be a GREAT 3rd rb on our team.

Round 7. Another late round wr. We need all the competition we can get here.
__________________
amazing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012   #2
amazing80
Site Contributor
 
amazing80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Elkhron, WI
Section: my couch
Posts: 1,479
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Noobs mock

what Im a noob so no one cares about my mock?
__________________
amazing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #3
Insideop
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: In the "Control Room"
Age: 59
Posts: 1,701
Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Noobs mock

I like the first 3 picks and think they would be great additions to the team. As for the last 4 picks, I don't know much about them but I think the Texans could address other areas like ILB and Safety rather than a 3rd WR or CB. But, that's just my personal opinion.

Overall, I don't think I'd be disappointed if the draft fell this way, especially with the 1st 3 picks.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame
 
bah007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Woodlands, TX
Posts: 8,279
Rep Power: 55561 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Noobs mock

I absolutely love Marvin Jones. He's gonna be a real steal in this draft.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #5
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,155
Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Noobs mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Here is my first mock on this site


Round 1. Fletcher Cox. A good sized NT with a great burst and solid hands. He can attack the gaps and apply pressure up the gut and is stout enough to hold the POA. He fits the size bill Wade tends to lean on at the NT spot. He has great character and and 0 red flags, which our staff likes. He would fit in well with our defense.

Round 2. Marvin Jones. I LOVE this kid. Comes from a pro style offense with similar routes and motions. He runs crisp routes and uses his body (though not the biggest guy) to shield the ball and catches almost everything. Great speed and great hands with ok size. IMO the best wide out from this class.....I just have an eye for this thing...

Round 3. Philip Blake. A solid interior line men, best as C. We need depth along the line and a guy who is versatile like Blake is most practical for our scheme. His great combine made him a late 3rd, great value here.

Round 4. Leonard Johnson. A good sized corner who is good at everything, but not spectacular. Will be another guy (similar to Harris from last season) who will come in and sit and gain skills to be a better pro. He could turn into a great number 2 or a great nickel corner. Smith is fascinated by mid round corners, so I doubt the trend stops.

Round 5. Greg Child, a good sized wr. Was a top prospect entering college, but never hit his stride, then tore his ACL. He performed great at the combine and is a risk/reward guy. Great explosion and good speed for his size. Well worth the risk in the 5th.

Round 6. Brandon Bolden. A good rb who always split carries. Never averaged LESS than 4.8 ypc and a good receiver out of the backfield. His measurements do not jump out at you but he is EXTREMELY great at the 3 cone, which is essential for the ZBS imo....Great size and seems to be nifty at his size. Looks like another Foster, but not quite as good. Could be a GREAT 3rd rb on our team.

Round 7. Another late round wr. We need all the competition we can get here.
1. Fletcher Cox is an outstanding pick-
2. Too early for Jones, like player-
3. Swap Blake with Jones, might work-
4. Texans do like big corners
5. Wild Child has tons of ability if harnessed-
6. Like RB with late pick-
7. Already have two WR's & don't forget free agency-
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012   #6
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Age: 27
Posts: 7,648
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Noobs mock

Maybe you should comment on other people's mocks before you cry all over someone else's thread too.

Decent picks, I think BL hit the nail as far as rounds but I had never read anything about either receiver so I appreciate the inspiration. Fletcher Cox is a good pick but I would probably go after one of the big bodied WR the 2nd round will be littered with. I actually liked what I read about Childs better than Jones. Last pick should be another OL or LB
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #7
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame
 
Wolf6151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 3,206
Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Noobs mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
what Im a noob so no one cares about my mock?
Andre you might be a noob here, but to all the other posters FYI he's very knowledgeable. I'll tell you the same thing I said on FF, I like all your picks with the exception of #4. Johnson is to short, to slow, and very short arms. I'd take an ILB here for some better quality depth behind Demeco. Other than that one pick, great mock.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-02-2012   #8
otisbean
All Pro
 
otisbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 561
Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Noobs mock

Are you assuming they resign MW? If they lose Mario I think they have to address OLB in the first 2 rds....
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012   #9
amazing80
Site Contributor
 
amazing80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Elkhron, WI
Section: my couch
Posts: 1,479
Rep Power: 33404 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A Noobs mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
Are you assuming they resign MW? If they lose Mario I think they have to address OLB in the first 2 rds....
If we lose Mario we will need DEPTH at OLB, not a big time playmaker.....and I would prefer a veteran to be signed.....A guy like Anthony Spencer would be fine with me
__________________
amazing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger