Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-27-2012   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 2012 Texans quarterback competition

" if I had to go to (training) camp tomorrow, I got all 3 of those guys back in line. I know who my No.1 is. What I would do is let T.J. (Yates) & Matt (Leinart) go back & battle for the backup spot behind Schaubby." - Coach Gary Kubiak

Source Texans Facebook page from hour ago
http://m.facebook.com/home.php?refsr...ser=1239346820
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2012 Texans quarterback competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
" if I had to go to (training) camp tomorrow, I got all 3 of those guys back in line. I know who my No.1 is. What I would do is let T.J. (Yates) & Matt (Leinart) go back & battle for the backup spot behind Schaubby." - Coach Gary Kubiak

Source Texans Facebook page from hour ago
http://m.facebook.com/home.php?refsr...ser=1239346820
I heard that comment a while ago...

I'm not really surprised with that statement...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope to see Schaub, Yates and Delhomme. Leinart makes waaaaay too much money and the Texans are in cap hell right now. IMO, Kubes is just saying the right things...again...
Old 02-27-2012   #4
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I hope to see Schaub, Yates and Delhomme. Leinart makes waaaaay too much money and the Texans are in cap hell right now. IMO, Kubes is just saying the right things...again...
Delhomme retired, and Matt L. will be cut. Yates will be the #2, and I see them picking up a FA, or a late round draft choice for the #3 spot at league minimum.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #5
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have any reason to doubt Kubiak here. I like what TJ Yates did for a young player in a limited time, but far from proved to be a trustworthy QB. Leinert maybe gone for cap/business reasons, but that aside I see no reason not to make those two battle it out for that back-up job.
Old 02-27-2012   #6
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I don't have any reason to doubt Kubiak here. I like what TJ Yates did for a young player in a limited time, but far from proved to be a trustworthy QB. Leinert maybe gone for cap/business reasons, but that aside I see no reason not to make those two battle it out for that back-up job.
I agree that (the cap) would be the reason. Otherwise, no reason to fix something that's not broken given the state of other areas on the team.
Old 02-27-2012   #7
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hows about trying to pick up Garrard at league minimum? He'd be a good guy to have around and may push TJ for the #2 spot depending on his condition. Although he may be in line for a starting job somewhere, and may be a lot more expensive than I'm thinking.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2012   #8
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 164018 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Hows about trying to pick up Garrard at league minimum? He'd be a good guy to have around and may push TJ for the #2 spot depending on his condition. Although he may be in line for a starting job somewhere, and may be a lot more expensive than I'm thinking.
I think your third sentence is correct: Garrard is looking for somewhere to land where he can compete to start.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #9
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I've mentioned Garrard as a possible addition, but there's no way he's signing here to compete for the backup spot. If Garrard is signed, it means that Matt is out for at least part of the regular season - and very possibly destined for the PUP list. He may still end up competing with Yates, but it would be for the (interim) starting position.

If that does end up being the case, then I think that Garrard is a pretty good option.
Old 02-27-2012   #10
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If Schaub isn't ready to go, what are the salary cap implications of that?

Does Pup list remove his cap hit? Or does IR? I'm never all that sure on the intricacies, but it'd be nice if the Texan's know nice and early because that could factor in to restructuring big time and help them out for years to come.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012   #11
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I've mentioned Garrard as a possible addition, but there's no way he's signing here to compete for the backup spot. If Garrard is signed, it means that Matt is out for at least part of the regular season - and very possibly destined for the PUP list. He may still end up competing with Yates, but it would be for the (interim) starting position.

If that does end up being the case, then I think that Garrard is a pretty good option.
I would take Campbell over Garrard, and Yates over either
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read