Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-26-2012   #41
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith Quotes from Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We've been pretty active in FA since 2002 & spending the money has never been an issue. Look at all of Casserly's signings, we over paid for marginal talent. He did the same with Weaver in 2006.

Smith has been a lot better with his FA signings, with guys like Antonio Smith, Wade Smith, Joel Dressen, etc.. (Casserly did get us Walters)..... & those guys (Smith & Smith) got some serious money.

He doesn't have a good history of bringing in star FA, & the Texans have not wanted to overpay FAs just to get them to come here. I'm fine with that & I'm fine if we elect not to over-pay Mario Williams.

Bob is not cheap. Bob has never been cheap. Look at the quality of players we have on the roster now, & we spent $119M last year... Who was getting paid? Jjo (worth it) Andre (worth it) Mario (Lent)... who else was getting mad jack that was worth it?
When BoB finally decided to spend on top tier FA's the Texans made the playoffs Coincedence? Will he do the same next yr? MW? If you're not adding talent you're moving backwards.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #42
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
Players Rick Smith has brought in since he's been GM.

1. Matt Schaub(Top 8 QB)
2. Arian Foster( Top 2 RB)
3. Duane Brown( Top 3 LT)
4. Brian Cushing( Top 2 MLB)
5. Connor Barwin( Top 5 OLB)
6. Johnathan Joseph( Top 3 CB)
7. Glover Quinn
8. Wade Smith
9. Daniel Manning
10. Brooks Reed
11. JJ Watt(Top 3 3-4 DE)

Not only is our roster the most talented the Texans have ever had but its one of the best rosters in the NFL. All of this has been brought in under Ricks watch. Has his missed absolutely, but the talent of the team speaks for itself.

All GM's listen to their coaches for draft input. Richard Smith was in love with Okoye, David Gibbs loved Jacksons toughness and technique.. As the final decision maker Rick Smith gets credit and blame for all picks done under his watch.
Agreed

The BPA quote from Smith was wrong. He should've said we take BPA at position of need. That would've been an accurate statement. Smith should've known CB's as well as Gibbs. He played CB in college.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
When BoB finally decided to spend on top tier FA's the Texans made the playoffs Coincedence? Will he do the same next yr? MW? If you're not adding talent you're moving backwards.
Go look at how much Antonio Smith is making.... not much different than what Jjo is bringing in. Look at how much we spent on Anthony Weaver, Wade Smith, Sage Rosenfelds, Orlavsky...... & that's just recent memory.

Go back & see what Robaire Smith was being paid, Morlon Greenwood, & half the OL.

We went after Orlando Pace, Leigh Boden & a few other "names" they decided not to come here, I believe both went for less money than we offered.

Money has never been the issue.
Old 02-26-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed

The BPA quote from Smith was wrong. He should've said we take BPA at position of need. That would've been an accurate statement. Smith should've known CB's as well as Gibbs. He played CB in college.
That's kinda what he did say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Smith View Post
(on not drafting for need but making his first five draft picks defensive players last year) “Yeah, but again, when you hit the homerun, and I guess I would consider J.J. (Watt) to be a homerun, where you hit the homerun is as you stack your board and assess value. If you can pick a player at the corresponding spot that is a position of need, that’s a homerun. So you don’t go into the Draft saying ‘I’ve got to get this. I’ve got to get that,’ because, in my opinion, if you do that, you are inclined to reach and take a player that doesn’t meet the value. It’s not that you don’t select players in positions that you need. The key is that they have the corresponding value at the point where you are picking and if you do that, and you can hit a player at a position of need at the value spot, then you are good.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...e-c6ad081ec479
Old 02-26-2012   #45
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rick is the gm.

Going 3 for 5 on 1st rd picks= Fail

Letting Bush talk you into picking KJ when you played CB in college and you are the GM should be a firable offense.Does Rick spend time watching tape like Jerry Reese does? Or does Rick spend most of his time smoozing with BoB and the competition committee like Casserly spent with his NFL office buddies? Again what were Ricks qualifications to be on the committee again? Wasn't he a 2nd yr GM when he was appointed? Yeah he had really earned that prestigious position.

Rick is a teflon man. He says the right things and nothing ever sticks to him. But he's not very good at his job as GM. Which should be aquiring the best talent possible for the Texans. Just let Wade/Gary do his job and be done with it. But dont sit there and tell me your taking the BPA. When you're actually taking whoever Wade/Gary are telling you to take. (It's offensive) Look, Rick you've got a good place in life, dont over play your hand.

I hated working for bosses like Rick, all style no substance.

KJ wasn't BPA if you include the offensive and defensive side of the ball.
You and Dale...you guys just don't quit.

3-5 is isn't bad mainly b/c of the crapshoot that is the NFL draft. Sure, Okoye was a bust but the guy was the consensus best DT in the draft rumored to go in the top 5 at 1 point. As i've said in other threads, you can't fault the texans for picking him.

And as far as KJ, he's close to being a bust, but what cb would you have rather them have picked if not him when you consider the variables surrounding the upcoming season...Devin McCourty..... he was burnt toast for the patriots this year. Knowing how the patriots do business, i expect this dude to be released in TC next year...Kyle Wilson....burnt toast for the jets this year Victor Cruz ate him for lunch repeatedly. Further, Rex Ryan apparently didn't think enough of this dude to let Cromartie walk this year in FA.

Its all good to look at things in hindsight, but the reality of all of this is that noone knows how any of these guys are going to turn out until they take the field.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #46
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed

Exactly.

I disagree with the second statement that Smith should know CBs as well as the coaches. Rick Smith isn't installing any defensive schemes or calling whether we go zone or man. That's the defensive coaching staff's job. And they should have more say in who they want the GM to pick because they know what they're trying to accomplish and whether said player can get that job done. I think that it is the GM's job is to take the coaching staff's "shopping list" and go get the guys they say that they want. Just like las year when Smith took Wade's shopping list and got the guys Wade wanted.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #47
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're right it is speculation. This is what MB's are made for.

History should tell you BoB turned to Wade to rebuild the defense thru the draft and FA.

The question should be is there a correlation between BoB spending the $$$$ in FA to build the defense and putting a winning product on the field and will BoB be willing to spend the $$$$ in FA again?

I know this is just speculation but the MW situation will be a sign. If he lets MW walk and doesn't spend the $$$$ in FA you will know BoB has reverted to his old ways. Either that or just re-sign MW. Which I am on the fence with. Pending speculation on MW's contract demands.
Are you really still trying to say McNair is cheap? The Texans have been one of the higher spending franchises for several years. Just because the team doesn't go all willy-nilly Dan Snyder every offseason doesn't indicate that the owner is cheap. It indicates that a: they thought a player was asking for too much for his talent level and/or b: the player didn't really want to come to a bad team. Teams can't just go throwing money around since the advent of the cap. The cap can be manipulated, but to a finite degree. Look at the teams with the most money to spend. Most of them are cellar dwellers. BTW, don't you find it a bit odd that the Texans have rework contracts just to look at signing their own FA's and draft picks, yet posters like you always complain about McNair being cheap? Go to McDonalds and get a Happy Meal, man.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
And as far as KJ, he's close to being a bust, but what cb would you have rather them have picked if not him when you consider the variables surrounding the upcoming season...Devin McCourty..... he was burnt toast for the patriots this year. Knowing how the patriots do business, i expect this dude to be released in TC next year...Kyle Wilson....burnt toast for the jets this year Victor Cruz ate him for lunch repeatedly. Further, Rex Ryan apparently didn't think enough of this dude to let Cromartie walk this year in FA.

Its all good to look at things in hindsight, but the reality of all of this is that noone knows how any of these guys are going to turn out until they take the field.
I agree to a point. They had Kj rated that high (obviously) & we had a need for corner back. But, did they have Kj rated higher than Demarius Thomas, or Dez Bryant?

Remember, this is the same offseason we gave Jj a $10M contract. If nothing else changed, we would have started with Glover Quin on one side, & McCain, Molden, and/or McMannis at corner..... then pick up Jason Allen midway through the season; how much worse could it have been?

& we'd have a #2 WR.

I like Kj, but realistically speaking (& with the clarity of hindsight) I'd be just as fine with Jason Allen taking all those snaps & Dez Bryant under Aj's wing.

Again, I have no idea how the Texans rated Kj vs those players... & Kj may turn out to be a starter yet..... but to help steelb with his point....
Old 02-26-2012   #49
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Exactly.

I disagree with the second statement that Smith should know CBs as well as the coaches. Rick Smith isn't installing any defensive schemes or calling whether we go zone or man. That's the defensive coaching staff's job. And they should have more say in who they want the GM to pick because they know what they're trying to accomplish and whether said player can get that job done. I think that it is the GM's job is to take the coaching staff's "shopping list" and go get the guys they say that they want. Just like las year when Smith took Wade's shopping list and got the guys Wade wanted.
I don't believe this "shopping list" thing. I doubt Wade Phillips knew who JjWatt, Brooks Reed, or Brandon Harris were. The man has a full time job, he can't actively scout a thousand NCAA teams. Wade describes a player, Rick Smith & his Scouts put together the big board. Wade helps them rate the positions & the importance to his scheme.

I seriously doubt Wade said, "I want Aldon Smith, JjWatt, or Brooks Reed."

Heck, when Gibbs wanted Brown, Rick Smith was willing to gamble that he would be there if we traded down again. Yes, Gibbs hand selected Brown, but I'm sure it was after Rick Smith gave him a list to chose from.

Right now, Wade & Gary & Dennison & all the coaches are going through the files & film that Rick Smith & the Scouts have put together for them.
Old 02-26-2012   #50
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't believe this "shopping list" thing. I doubt Wade Phillips knew who JjWatt, Brooks Reed, or Brandon Harris were. The man has a full time job, he can't actively scout a thousand NCAA teams. Wade describes a player, Rick Smith & his Scouts put together the big board. Wade helps them rate the positions & the importance to his scheme.

Heck, when Gibbs wanted Brown, Rick Smith was willing to gamble that he would be there if we traded down again. Yes, Gibbs hand selected Brown, but I'm sure it was after Rick Smith gave him a list to chose from.

Right now, Wade & Gary & Dennison & all the coaches are going through the files & film that Rick Smith & the Scouts have put together for them.
It seems like you're over simplifying this. I would be utterly shocked if Phillips had no idea who the defensive draft picks were. He doesn't have to actively scout thousands of players, as he has a scouting dept. at his disposal to do that. I'm sure they bring him a list of top 10's or so for each position and he does an in-depth analysis on them and comes up with his own ranking for players. He's going to know exactly who the team drafts for his defense. If not, that's a sign of an utterly disfunctional front office and the team ends up looking like Detroit (from a few years ago) or Cleveland.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #51
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 63855 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
You and Dale...you guys just don't quit.

Hopefully, you are simply saying the Steelbtexan and I are both very annoying... otherwise, I'll have to disagree. I love Rick Smith! I think he is one of the best GMs in the NFL. I think his drafts, with the exception of 2007 have been very good. As a matter of a fact, I've been arguing for a year that the 2009 draft/off-season will go down as one of the all-time greatest!

Predictions for 2009 Draft From August of 2011
Old 02-26-2012   #52
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Hopefully, you are simply saying the Steelbtexan and I are both very annoying... otherwise, I'll have to disagree. I love Rick Smith! I think he is one of the best GMs in the NFL. I think his drafts, with the exception of 2007 have been very good. As a matter of a fact, I've been arguing for a year that the 2009 draft/off-season will go down as one of the all-time greatest!

Predictions for 2009 Draft From August of 2011
Thanks Rick.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #53
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

From Profootballtalk, 5/23/11:

Quote:
Kubiak said that previous coordinators cut their list of potential defensive draft picks to roughly 50-60 prospects. Phillips got the list to 15-20, and the Texans drafted five of them.

“It was locked in before we went to draft day,” Kubiak said. “He knew exactly what he wanted.”
Still doubting?
Old 02-26-2012   #54
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is where we disagree, I can point out 1st rd teams that have done better. I look at drafts as a whole though. 75/80% should be a GM who's doing an above avg jobs hit rate on 1st rd picks.

Packers,49ers (Hiring Harbaugh) Giants, Lions (Mayhew) Ravens, Pats,Bengals off the top of my head.
please....

first of you name only 7 teams so the texans even in your negative eyes are in the top 25%. secondly id bet at least half those teams dont meet the 75/80% limit you say. if you actually look at the drafts, the texans have been one of, if not the, best drafting teams since 06. thats the reason many say they have prob got the most talented overall roster and why we didnt fall apart despite all the injuries last yr

off the top of my head i can name the following busts from each of the team listed:

Packers: hawk, harrell, plus sherrod pick from last yr isnt looking too promising. to overcome that and reach your target theyd need to have 6-8 other hit picks

pats: ben watson, maroney, mccourty, merriweather

ravens: boller, mark clayton
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #55
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree to a point. They had Kj rated that high (obviously) & we had a need for corner back. But, did they have Kj rated higher than Demarius Thomas, or Dez Bryant?

Remember, this is the same offseason we gave Jj a $10M contract. If nothing else changed, we would have started with Glover Quin on one side, & McCain, Molden, and/or McMannis at corner..... then pick up Jason Allen midway through the season; how much worse could it have been?

& we'd have a #2 WR.

I like Kj, but realistically speaking (& with the clarity of hindsight) I'd be just as fine with Jason Allen taking all those snaps & Dez Bryant under Aj's wing.

Again, I have no idea how the Texans rated Kj vs those players... & Kj may turn out to be a starter yet..... but to help steelb with his point....
Dez Bryant is the only guy that you could've plausibly said was rated higher than KJ at that point...i'll even go on record & say that he probably was on most teams' boards. But you have to deal with what was known at that particular point in time & what was known then was:

we'd just lost our "top" cb in FA & had nothing back there.

KJ was going in the 1st round & there was no other cb thought to be going in the 1st besides Wilson & McCourty..(not much better options from what we know now).

1st rounders are expected to start from day 1.

Bryant had "knucklehead" written all over him....still does up to this point in his career.

Allen hadn't been released yet, thereby not available for us to pick up.

Frank Bush was still our DC.

So you have to figure why would the texans take a flyer on a guy with questionable character & forgo possibly solidifying their secondary?....the assumption here is that KJ could become a shutdown cb from Nick Sabans' "pro ready" coaching. Meanwhile the texans in 2009 had seemingly no issues slinging the ball all over the place.

.as absurd as this sounds now, this was the situation the texans FO were faced with. We'd already been burned once..passing on Revis in 2007 for Okoye.

So yeah, now that we look back on it, it wouldn't have been much worse having Allen take all of KJ snaps, but the reality of it is the draft is funny like that.

Last edited by Mr teX; 02-26-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

Still doubting?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what everyone is saying. It sounds to me, like we are saying Rick Smith simply chose the guys Wade Phillips told him to take. "Rick, take Jj Watt right here.", "Ooh.. I really like Brandon Harris, but can't pass up on that kid from Arizona." "OMG, Harris is still there, pull the trigger Rick, pull the trigger."

What you quoted sounds more like what I said. Rick Smith gave Wade a list. Wade whittle the list down. Rick Smith handled the draft.
Old 02-26-2012   #57
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What you quoted sounds more like what I said. Rick Smith gave Wade a list. Wade whittle the list down. Rick Smith handled the draft.
It sounds nothing like you said. Or what Kubiak said. You said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I don't believe this "shopping list" thing. I doubt Wade Phillips knew who JjWatt, Brooks Reed, or Brandon Harris were.
Kubiak said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Kubiak
“It was locked in before we went to draft day,” Kubiak said. “He knew exactly what he wanted.”
How could that be more clear? Wade Phillips told Rick Smith whom to draft. Smith orchestrated the draft trades, yes. But it was Wade Phillips call on whom to take.
Old 02-26-2012   #58
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It sounds nothing like you said. Or what Kubiak said. You said:

Kubiak said:

How could that be more clear? Wade Phillips told Rick Smith whom to draft. Smith orchestrated the draft trades, yes. But it was Wade Phillips call on whom to take.
Clearly Wade put a list together that included the names of at least three people he didn't even know (hence my theory that he must be a witch).
Old 02-26-2012   #59
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

This team sucks!! Kubiak sucks!! Rick Smith sucks!! Wade sucks!!!!

That is all,

I have nothing else to add...

Old 02-26-2012   #60
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Kubiak said that previous coordinators cut their list of potential defensive draft picks to roughly 50-60 prospects. Phillips got the list to 15-20, and the Texans drafted five of them.

Still doubting?

That is awesome. I really hope they let him do the same thing this year.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read