Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-20-2012   #1
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN Sports Science on 2012 Draftees

I figure this is as good of a place as any for this thread. The videos are interesting on their own, even if the things they measure don't always make a player great. Thought some of the draftniks may enjoy getting more up close with some of the big names. Here's a list of the videos I could find on Youtube for 2012 draft picks, feel free to post others.

Andrew Luck:
http://youtu.be/LCbgKflrAKc

Justin Blackmon
http://youtu.be/-4up6-D9K1A

Trent Richardson:
http://youtu.be/kyyO-_ndYts

Jayron Hosley:
http://youtu.be/V38WIlnMrGs

This guy's channel has tons of these SS videos from this year and before:
http://www.youtube.com/user/123abc321qwerty/videos

Here's the one on Arian Foster in case anyone wants to watch it:
http://youtu.be/akVxBU_TWF8
Old 02-20-2012   #2
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN Sports Science on 2012 Draftees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I figure this is as good of a place as any for this thread. The videos are interesting on their own, even if the things they measure don't always make a player great. Thought some of the draftniks may enjoy getting more up close with some of the big names. Here's a list of the videos I could find on Youtube for 2012 draft picks, feel free to post others.

Andrew Luck:
http://youtu.be/LCbgKflrAKc

Justin Blackmon
http://youtu.be/-4up6-D9K1A

Trent Richardson:
http://youtu.be/kyyO-_ndYts

Jayron Hosley:
http://youtu.be/V38WIlnMrGs

This guy's channel has tons of these SS videos from this year and before:
http://www.youtube.com/user/123abc321qwerty/videos

Here's the one on Arian Foster in case anyone wants to watch it:
http://youtu.be/akVxBU_TWF8
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool stuff.

Would anybody be interested in trading the whole draft for Andrew Luck?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Cool stuff.

Yes. I would pull a Ditka for only our 1-7 picks this year. However, I don't think that is nearly enough to entice the Colts to move back 25 spots. Last year, the Falcons gave up 1st (27th), second (59th) and fourth (124th) picks, and a following year's 1st and 4th for the number 6 pick. We would have to throw in a lot more than our 2012 draft to make that trade work.
Old 02-21-2012   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cool stuff.

Yeah, then we could take a picture of Kubiak in a tux, and Luck in a wedding dress.

Caption: Kubiak and Texans gettin Lucky?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012   #6
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yes. I would pull a Ditka for only our 1-7 picks this year. However, I don't think that is nearly enough to entice the Colts to move back 25 spots. Last year, the Falcons gave up 1st (27th), second (59th) and fourth (124th) picks, and a following year's 1st and 4th for the number 6 pick. We would have to throw in a lot more than our 2012 draft to make that trade work.
Idk, I mean that's a team that needs one serious overhaul and is also trying to recreate it's defense. Double the picks should do the trick, at least it would be a damn fine start and they still have Peyton for the next few years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Yeah, then we could take a picture of Kubiak in a tux, and Luck in a wedding dress.

Caption: Kubiak and Texans gettin Lucky?
Nice. You simultaneously made me laugh and remember why I don't want Luck. I wouldn't be able to stand all the corny headlines....
Old 02-21-2012   #7
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cool stuff.

No! I know Luck will probably end up being a great QB (barring injury), but I just couldn't see giving up all of our draft picks for him. We need at least 1 WR and depth at several positions including, but not limited to, ILB, OC, OG, S, NT, etc..... Besides, how did trading all those picks away for Ricky Williams work out for New Orleans?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-21-2012   #8
TimeKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
No! I know Luck will probably end up being a great QB (barring injury), but I just couldn't see giving up all of our draft picks for him. We need at least 1 WR and depth at several positions including, but not limited to, ILB, OC, OG, S, NT, etc..... Besides, how did trading all those picks away for Ricky Williams work out for New Orleans?
Franchise QBs are infinitely more valuable than any other position in sports, including a top of the line RB prospect who, despite people's obvious bias against the guy, still finished his career with a whole helluva lot of yards. If you needed anymore proof, how about that the lot of our picks probably wouldn't get the trade down because it wouldn't be enough value?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read