Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2012   #281
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: abc13 - peyton wants to be a texan comeing up in sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
But since he's not screaming and yelling at everybody like Brady or Manning he has no passion and is not a leader.
This is just me thinking. I don't see Brady or Manning as "leaders" because they huff-&-puff on the sidelines, but year after year, they rise to the occasion & answer the bell.

The defense consistently give up 30 points... no problem, they answer the call & lead their team to that last minute drive, whether they had 2 minutes or 47 seconds.

Their offensive line can't protect them.. no matter. More times than not, they'll still have a 3 or 4 TD game....

You're star receiver shoots up a night-club or says something stupid & get transferred to Tennesse.... no problem, they'll make the next guy look like a super star.

They want the ball in their hands when the game is on the line & more times than not, they answer the bell.
Old 02-19-2012   #282
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Well, here`s my list:...
A. Dalton
M. Ryan
M. Stafford
J. Flacco

I really like Schaub - but his injuries are a big concern...
Dalton, Ryan don't have Schaub's poise. Ryan was uninspiring in 2011. Stafford has at least as serious injury concerns. And Flacco? ProFootballFocus had Flacco ranked 28th for passing in 2011. Passer rating: Schaub 97/Flacco 81. T.J. Yates tied him @ 81, for reference.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012   #283
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Dalton, Ryan don't have Schaub's poise. Ryan was uninspiring in 2011. Stafford has at least as serious injury concerns. And Flacco? ProFootballFocus had Flacco ranked 28th for passing in 2011. Passer rating: Schaub 97/Flacco 81. T.J. Yates tied him @ 81, for reference.
Yeah.... can't take any list with Ryan on it seriously.
Old 02-19-2012   #284
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubecool454 View Post
after Peyton, Brady, Brews, Ben, and Rogers who is better? Schaub is perfect for the Texans system. Who do you want to trade him for, Vick! Gabbert? Grossman? Give me another NFL QB that you would trade straight up for him?
Don't tease me, please tell me there is a trade in the works, who wouldn't want that masterpiece?
Old 02-19-2012   #285
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25135 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Dalton, Ryan and Stafford should be cheaper and are younger - that`s my main selling point for them - on the field they are not far behind Schaub (when Stafford is healthy I think you need to put him ahead of Schaub) and there is reason to believe they will get better.

Flacco has proven he can win in the playoffs.

Right now there are big question marks around Schaub. How can he recover from that injury? And if he can, will he be a QB that can carry his team in the playoffs? And with his age, there is little room for real improvement.

If he can get to pre injury form I believe he could be that QB for us - but that is a big if, and that believe isn`t really solid either. That`s why I would trade him for those other QBs in a heartbeat. Too many question marks, too many ifs and buts.

But since none of those team would even consider a trade like this, and since we won`t consider trading Schaub either, I am in the front row cheering for him and praying to god that he gets well and carries this team to a superbowl.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012   #286
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Flacco has proven he can win in the playoffs? That's like saying Mark Sanchez has proven he can win in the playoffs (two straight AFC Championship appearances), when in reality he is the ultimate game manager and isn't anywhere to be found on a list of the best quarterbacks in the game.

I'm just skeptical when labeling a quarterback a winner in the playoffs. I don't think Flacco is any better than Schaub, who has never played in a playoff game, but he's just been on the right team at the right time, a la Mark Sanchez. If Matt Schaub stays healthy in 2012 the Texans have a great shot to reach Super Bowl 47 in the Superdome. I do believe Schaub is worthy of being mentioned among some of the top QBs in the game. Hopefully he'll get the recognition he deserves.
Old 02-20-2012   #287
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56462 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Flacco and Ryan are not very amazing at the moment, Stafford can and will be great if he stays healthy, and I want to see what Dalton can do in the future.

Right now its, in no particular order;

Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning, Manning, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Stafford, Schaub, Vick.

Ryan, Flacco, Newton, Dalton, Cutler, Romo are all hovering. I'm sure I'm missing a guy or two.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012   #288
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
after Peyton, Brady, Brews, Ben, and Rogers who is better? Schaub is perfect for the Texans system. Who do you want to trade him for, Vick! Gabbert? Grossman? Give me another NFL QB that you would trade straight up for him?
Bradford, Stafford, Ryan, Rivers, Flacco, Eli, Vick, Newton, Palmer, maybe even Hasselbeck (if he was younger) or Dalton (if he has another good year). Im sure there are more, but bottom line is my opinion is my own, and it is that Schaub is a mid-tier QB.
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012   #289
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Schaub is renowned as the hardest worker on the team.
I dont think I have ever heard that even suggested. Maybe I am not the one making stuff up.
Old 02-20-2012   #290
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
and was the probowl MVP to boot
Probowl MVP. Thats right up there with being a superstar at recess.
Old 02-20-2012   #291
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
I dont think I have ever heard that even suggested. Maybe I am not the one making stuff up.

This is actually pretty well documented. First in and last out- always.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012   #292
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Dalton, Ryan and Stafford should be cheaper and are younger - that`s my main selling point for them - on the field they are not far behind Schaub (when Stafford is healthy I think you need to put him ahead of Schaub) and there is reason to believe they will get better.

schaub: 6yrs/48m, 7m garunteed
ryan: 6yrs,72m, 34.75m garunteed
stafford: 6yrs,72m, 41.7m garunteed

knew i shouldnt have clicked on this thread...
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012   #293
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktexan68 View Post
you know how the interwebz work, if its well documented, provide the source.. until then its just hearsay..
Old 02-20-2012   #294
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No thanks.

Schaub has only had two good years in eight NFL seasons. He is injury prone, has a weak arm, is not accuarate (keep your stats, his receivers cover his ass constantly), not mobile, and has no passion for the game. Its like watching Eeyore playing QB. Trade him and get something for him.
ugh and it gets worse

that would be the group of wrs everybody and their mother has us replacing with our top draft picks right?

as for the rest of your scouting report...
Old 02-20-2012   #295
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
you know how the interwebz work, if its well documented, provide the source.. until then its just hearsay..
kubiaks and other players have said it countless times in pressers so what other sources do you want?

if anybody need documented proof of schaubs work ethic it just shows they dont follow the team i.e the weekly pressers that closely...which is also fine

just dont try to make to argue something that the majority of the hardcore fans who follow the team closely know is pretty much a fact just because they're too f'n lazy to go through the pressers to find 'the evidence' themselves
Old 02-20-2012   #296
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktexan68 View Post
Not denying it may be the case, just have never heard of it.
Old 02-20-2012   #297
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seriously, once you get your eyes checked make sure you get your hearing checked, because its well documented that Schaub is FILO. First in, Last out!
Old 02-20-2012   #298
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
that would be the group of wrs everybody and their mother has us replacing with our top draft picks right?
Didn't say WR's, I said receivers. Including TE's and RB's, etc. I for one would not use a first round pick on a WR. In this offense the important thing is the O-line, and the RB core, not the WR talent. We have one of if not the best in the league in AJ, and we have a talented rookie who was hurt and may be a serviceable #2 this year. I would pick up a WR, but not in the first round. At 26 we will be able to add a better player at a more needed position, and still get our receiver in a later round.
Old 02-20-2012   #299
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Seriously, once you get your eyes checked make sure you get your hearing checked, because its well documented that Schaub is FILO. First in, Last out!
Link please.
Old 02-20-2012   #300
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Link please.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...99#post1902799

to be fair maybe it hasnt been mentioned since dec 2011

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read