Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-13-2012   #41
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Tom Brady were all guys that won a Super Bowl while not starting at the beginning of the season.
now list all of the bench QBs who had to come in to start and didnt end up winning the Super Bowl
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #42
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80689 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Tom Brady were all guys that won a Super Bowl while not starting at the beginning of the season.
Dilfer is the exception. In this era of a quarterback dominance it is more important to have a great QB than any other position. Brady was that great QB but nobody knew it. Unless you have a great QB on the bench you're not winning the DB with a backup QB.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #43
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
It seemed to me as if he was poking fun at Schaub for never sleeping. We know about the first QB in Texans history and how he didn't spend enough time in the film room to turn physical tools into results on the field. I have always been under the impression that Schaub does this because noone has ever questioned his work ethic, in fact when he was a Falcon everyone lauded his leadership and work ethic. Leinart has a reputation for not working hard enough and for being full of himself. The post to me is almost like him poking fun at Schaub for saying "sleep is overrated"... Why does he think that? Because he works his ass off.
That's a lot to assume just from one tweet. I'm not going to judge him from it. His reputation is known, but from what Texans players and coaches have said, Leinart has grown up. Maybe that's true, maybe it's not. I think you're over thinking what he said.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #44
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80689 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
That's a lot to assume just from one tweet. I'm not going to judge him from it. His reputation is known, but from what Texans players and coaches have said, Leinart has grown up. Maybe that's true, maybe it's not. I think you're over thinking what he said.
That's entirely possible. I meant it more as a rebuttal than what this turned into. I wish @rondayne would have just tweeted "just left the buffet", that would have been more cut and dry LOL.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #45
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
That's entirely possible. I meant it more as a rebuttal than what this turned into. I wish @rondayne would have just tweeted "just left the buffet", that would have been more cut and dry LOL.

Mike
Let's be realistic, you think Ron Dayne would voluntarily leave a buffet?
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #46
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

I love a 4 hour nap more than almost anything in life.
Old 02-16-2012   #47
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That, or...uhh...you know, Schaub is just a better QB.

We disagree.

Signed,

Roger Staubach, Terry Bradshaw, Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, and Tom Brady
How many NFL backup quarterbacks went on to win a Super Bowl?
and Aaron Rodgers
Old 02-17-2012   #48
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Let's be realistic, you think Ron Dayne would voluntarily leave a buffet?
I wrestled him a few weekends ago at the Golden Corral. He isn't that tough to be honest with you. Hits like a girl and comes across as a bit soft, a la Jason Witten of the Dallas Cowboys.
Old 02-17-2012   #49
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 50432 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Is there really a 3 page thread about Matt Leinart taking a nap?

Frickin offseason man
Old 02-17-2012   #50
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Is there really a 3 page thread about Matt Leinart taking a nap?

Frickin offseason man
We need a break from the Mario, Arian, Jacoby threads.
Old 02-17-2012   #51
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
We need a break from the Mario, Arian, Jacoby threads.
THIS ^^^^^^^^! Although I would've added Manning as well.
Old 02-19-2012   #52
ckhouston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 ckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respectedckhouston is a quality contributor and well respected

Leinart is gone. Why even discuss?
ckhouston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read