Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2005   #41
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Who is the best free agent that Casserly has picked up?
Preston Parsons

Signed: Jakebrake
Old 10-12-2005   #42
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Who is the best free agent that Casserly has picked up?
Kailee Wong? Maybe Moran Norris? At least they've played reasonably well for the Texans.

Casserly earns no brownie points for Foley. Steve was just another guy he picked off waivers. Foley did jack here. Maybe it was on the coaches, but Marvin Lewis cut him, as well. Credit Marty & Wade for turning Foley into a pro bowler.
Old 10-12-2005   #43
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Lewis wanted faster outside linebackers and Foley was more of a tweener as he reshaped that defense.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005   #44
SESupergenius

I remember coming down to Houston for the Atlanta game. I remember coming away thinking that Foley was a good player. If Peek was not in the wings then I'd say he would have had a chance here. What I don't get is that Foreman was better than Foley???
Old 10-18-2005   #45
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Sign me up! I've given in. Toniu Fonoti for a 7th to the Vikings? Imagine that! A team that has had o-line problems picking up someone to fix them. Brilliant!
Old 10-18-2005   #46
SESupergenius

Seriously, I don't care if Fonoti never plays a down again in this league with a finger injury, but you've got to at least take a chance on him when all it costs you is a 6th rounder at most.
Old 10-18-2005   #47
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The last straw...Fonoti

Why did we not make a move on this guy? He is a huge player, and even if he doesnt try hard, is most likely better than a lot of our players. Plus he's 24!!

"Fonoti, 24, is a 6-4, 350-pound mauler who is scheduled to be a free agent after the season. He's expected to be one of the better guards on the market.

He's been sidelined in the past month because of hand surgery and is about a week away from playing.

He was a second-round choice of the Chargers in 2002. "

AHH!!! They got him for a 7th round pick!!! Our 7th round pick didn't even make the team!
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005   #48
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwANDREtheBALL
I say this CLUB is the best club to join, since Capers' fate is already sealed.

and Casserly is just as much to blame if not more.

He must go.
I was over at houstonprofootball.com and read there was talk that Cass was considering a NFL office job.

link
Old 10-19-2005   #49
Bassinguy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
I am not taking a stance on Casserly just yet. I do find it amusing, however, that people keep mentioning Heath Shuler in connection to Casserly. You do know that, in addition to Shuler, he also picked eight of the starters on defense for that Redskins SB team, right? As far as the Redskins should be concerned, he hit more than he missed.

For OUR team, which is all I am concerned about, his track record is not so great yet. I don't know enough just yet to responsibly claim that Casserly is the problem. I do know that we drafted players that other teams showed just as much interest in - yet we've failed to develop them. If that happens a couple times, you say the player was a bust. If it happens consistently, you have to start looking at development through coaching.
Me thinks you hit the nail on the head. Coaching is responsible for bringing out the best of the players abilities. Obviously, they have failed.
Bassinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005   #50
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am finally aboard that we have to totally clear house after having to watch that game in Seattlle. Cass, Capers and the staff (Hoke maybe stays) all must go. We need to wipe this chapter in Texans history clean as it never happened. That team played with no desire, no leadership, no fire. I cannot watch that lack of effort any longer.

We need a total change of attitude and personnel. I am all for bringing in low cost players to get rid of the high cost baggage we have. Call it what you will, but I will go through salary cap hell to right this wrong rather than watch this disaster. I can handle losses, but not these type of non competitive losses.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read