Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012   #41
badboy
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Clear Lake
Posts: 22,761
Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Reed........maybe but there's no way you can say right now that Ingram is more talented than Barwin who is producing similar if not better numbers at a higher level of competition. Add NFL experience, experience in this system, Barwin's athleticism and ethic......A big part of the defensive meltdown 2 seasons ago was losing Barwin. You make an interesting point the way you frame it but losing Barwin or Reed is losing a quality player no matter who you put in.

Like I said...MAYBE better than Reed, who did nothing but exceed any expectation placed on him. I don't believe in giving guy's chances, watching them succeed and then finding a way to get them off the field. I think that's how you divide a lockerroom and lose the respect from your players.



You wanna talk about thin....do the Texans even have a backup C with Myers currently a free agent? At least OT has 2 great starters locked down and a couple young bucks in Butler and Newton. I think probably the best point that these two mocks have uncovered is the need to develop a QB. It's coming and they need to address it before it's a huge problem.
caldwell & Wade Smith are supposedly back up centers + the long snapper dude. Never need them as Myers is a work hoss. I could see a low round pick such as my current board T Bob Hebert LSU in 7th who has played most OL.
__________________
I want to be able to recognize the difference between a "want" and a "need" and then I want to be satisfied with getting a need
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012   #42
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,315
Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Reed........maybe but there's no way you can say right now that Ingram is more talented than Barwin who is producing similar if not better numbers at a higher level of competition. Add NFL experience, experience in this system, Barwin's athleticism and ethic......A big part of the defensive meltdown 2 seasons ago was losing Barwin. You make an interesting point the way you frame it but losing Barwin or Reed is losing a quality player no matter who you put in.

Like I said...MAYBE better than Reed, who did nothing but exceed any expectation placed on him. I don't believe in giving guy's chances, watching them succeed and then finding a way to get them off the field. I think that's how you divide a lockerroom and lose the respect from your players.



You wanna talk about thin....do the Texans even have a backup C with Myers currently a free agent? At least OT has 2 great starters locked down and a couple young bucks in Butler and Newton. I think probably the best point that these two mocks have uncovered is the need to develop a QB. It's coming and they need to address it before it's a huge problem.
I can say Ingram has a higher draft grade than either because he does. Not trying to throw cold water on either of our boys, but a pass rushing specialist he is from any angle I've seen on film. Of course that is my opinion, you certainly are entitled to yours. Like I've repeated over & over & over again, can't have too many pass rushers. Ingram is probably gone anyway so I don't feel the need to compare him as a comparable pass rusher to two second round picks anyway, even if they slid farther than they should have because of poor evaluation or other teams drafting for NEED instead of BPA.

No Way On Earth Texans Don't Resign Myers or Brisel. Lock them up right here right now per BL.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012   #43
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame
 
steelbtexan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 51
Posts: 11,756
Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1B.

Ingrams short arms bother me.

He does play hard though and has a great 1st step.

Signing Foster/Myers/Briesel should be at the top of Ricks to do list.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012   #44
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,315
Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Ingrams short arms bother me.

He does play hard though and has a great 1st step.

Signing Foster/Myers/Briesel should be at the top of Ricks to do list.
Ingram can't be stopped. I hope the short arm thing sticks though cause otherwise he's off the board top 20.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012   #45
rmartin65
I'm Score
 
rmartin65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Age: 24
Posts: 7,966
Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Ingram can't be stopped. I hope the short arm thing sticks though cause otherwise he's off the board top 20.
This. If he had ideal arm length, he would be long gone.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger