Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-11-2012   #21
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Insider article favoring the Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Huh?
He meant the first time we've had back-to-back winning seasons in our history.

Edit: TB beat me to it. Should have read the whole thread before posting this.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012   #22
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I think TK meant, like back to back winning seasons.... I'm only guessin' of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
My bad.. I meant it would be the first time we'd have back to back winning seasons.
Quote:
Damn!! you really are more than a pretty face.
I wouldn't go THAT far
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012   #23
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The 49ers are in the same predicament as the Texans. They're young & their coach is inexperienced. They've had their 15 minutes... how will each individual player deal with that & how will the coach form a team with those individuals?

It's hard enough to get to the Super Bowl, it's harder to get close... then try to do better the next year.
I've lost track,

This coming yr will be Garys 7th-8th yr.

I would hardly call that inexperienced. Maybe we have different definitions of the word inexperienced. I would be more likely to call Gary inept (if you want to use an in word.) as a HC than inexperienced.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
So what's the point? Last year was the first time we made the playoffs. Last year was the first time we had a elite defense. This team is at a point where we're about to see a LOT of "first times" happen and back to back winning seasons will be next.

This team isn't going anywhere, they are one of the youngest teams in the league and those young players are only going to take their game to another level. If we have another draft like last season it'll take our team to another level. The future is so bright in Houston that I have to wear shades.
That's my point. Who knows what's going to happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I've lost track,

This coming yr will be Garys 7th-8th yr.

I would hardly call that inexperienced. Maybe we have different definitions of the word inexperienced. I would be more likely to call Gary inept (if you want to use an in word.) as a HC than inexperienced.
True..... but he's still inexperienced. This will be the first time he's got to deal with "success" on this scale.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read