Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-10-2012   #61
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BB/65/BL Post Super Bowl Texan 2012 Mock Draft 1A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Yep. And I still really like Broyles, having watched his entire career at Oklahoma, if he recovers from his injury then he is a pretty sure bet to be at least a 3rd receiver in the NFL for many years. And he has PR value.
YHou & BL are hitting on all 12 cylinders! Broyles if healthy would have been a second round. Randle is not what I'm interested in.
Old 02-10-2012   #62
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
[/b]
I truly hope so, in fact I really hope he goes top 25.
Yes. Know this is draft nerd stuff but taking a QB or any position higher than they actually are graded (legitimate grade) is a mistake. We can thank these knuckle heads & fellow conference rivals Tennessee & Jacksonville for kicking down JJ Watt to the Texans. I mean c'mon, Jake Locker #8 really? Blaine Gabbert #10. really? before JJ Watt? bet the Texans war room was in feeding frenzy

let's not allow this WR fettish to cloud our perceptions of who the best pick for the Texans organization will be in April. We could, but won't mock trading down or up but you know Rick Smith is very capable of doing either. Wright could end up being this years Julio Jones of the WR class. I'm not sure he would do that anyway

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #63
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I can't speak for anyone else, but when I say that we can do better at the CB#2 spot I mean that we could probably find someone that we'd all feel comfortable taking the bulk (if not all) of the starters reps there. Someone that was better at finding and locating the ball in the air. Someone that actually made plays on the ball.

To me, with the level KJ was playing at last year he would have been a good back up corner doing spot duty.

Jason Allen isn't all that but KJ couldn't keep him off the field.

Hopefully KJ shows continued growth, but if we can pick up a better player there I'm all for it.

The next step up from KJ isn't hall of famer
No argument there but I think if he makes the same gains he's at least an average starter. Now that's expecting a lot but I'd say it's not so much different than expecting McCain to contribute in nickel/dime or expecting Brandon Harris to have a locker next year.

Let me ask you this......would you be fine if they resigned Allen and continued on with he and KJ as the #2 CB combo?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #64
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
No argument there but I think if he makes the same gains he's at least an average starter. Now that's expecting a lot but I'd say it's not so much different than expecting McCain to contribute in nickel/dime or expecting Brandon Harris to have a locker next year.

Let me ask you this......would you be fine if they resigned Allen and continued on with he and KJ as the #2 CB combo?
Yes I would.

In fact, I'd be fine if they let Allen walk and gave KJ the full reigns.

It's not that I have so much faith in KJ as much as I think we have a good stable of guys behind him.

Except McMannis. He needs to be cut.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012   #65
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Yes. Know this is draft nerd stuff but taking a QB or any position higher than they actually are graded (legitimate grade) is a mistake. We can thank these knuckle heads & fellow conference rivals Tennessee & Jacksonville for kicking down JJ Watt to the Texans. I mean c'mon, Jake Locker #8 really? Blaine Gabbert #10. really? before JJ Watt? bet the Texans war room was in feeding frenzy

let's not allow this WR fettish to cloud our perceptions of who the best pick for the Texans organization will be in April. We could, but won't mock trading down or up but you know Rick Smith is very capable of doing either. Wright could end up being this years Julio Jones of the WR class. I'm not sure he would do that anyway
Yep, I am again hoping for a trade down scenario.
Old 02-10-2012   #66
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Yes I would.

In fact, I'd be fine if they let Allen walk and gave KJ the full reigns.

It's not that I have so much faith in KJ as much as I think we have a good stable of guys behind him.

Except McMannis. He needs to be cut.
Right on. Do you think any of the depth could push KJ for minutes? He was basically the #2 #2...if that makes sense. Allen was the #1 #2...so if KJ moves up can Harris or Carmichael make noise to be in a platoon?

I guess I should really just ask you if you think they'll take a CB at all this year?! I personally don't think they will. Idk about letting Allen walk but I'm with you on letting McMannis walk!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012   #67
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't remember McMannis in that many game situations other than special teams. Either way this is what you generally get by selecting a db who has good size late in the draft, just another reason we didn't isolate one late here. You hope he can be developed into at least a solid role player & special teams guy. Which from what I can remember has been their focus, I wouldn't give up on the guy just yet.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read