Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 02-07-2012   #1
gdub
waterboy

Rep Power: 0 gdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Regional Marketing Survey

Hello Texans Fans,

My name is Gary Wang (Houston native) and I am a first year MBA student at the University Oregon's Warsaw Sports Marketing Center. We are working on a marketing project with the Texans that aims to expand our fan base in Texas regions usually considered "Cowboys towns" such as Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, Rio Grande Valley, Beaumont and etc.

If any of you reside out of Houston, your input would really help us. For Houston people, if you could help share this survey link with anyone in those areas and have them spread the word as well, we would really appreciate it. We think it is crucial to get feedback from not just members of this board, but general NFL fans who don't have an allegiance yet so we can pinpoint challenges and devise creative strategies to help them join the Texans community. Thanks again. We really appreciate your help.

Gary Wang

Link: https://oregon.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5njsFDo8LH8FgO0
gdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Regional Marketing Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdub View Post
Hello Texans Fans,

My name is Gary Wang (Houston native) and I am a first year MBA student at the University Oregon's Warsaw Sports Marketing Center. We are working on a marketing project with the Texans that aims to expand our fan base in Texas regions usually considered "Cowboys towns" such as Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, Rio Grande Valley, Beaumont and etc.

If any of you reside out of Houston, your input would really help us. For Houston people, if you could help share this survey link with anyone in those areas and have them spread the word as well, we would really appreciate it. We think it is crucial to get feedback from not just members of this board, but general NFL fans who don't have an allegiance yet so we can pinpoint challenges and devise creative strategies to help them join the Texans community. Thanks again. We really appreciate your help.

Gary Wang

Attempted to take your survey, but stopped due to questions 6-8 not offering choices to my Texans' experience. FWIW, I reside in Austin and have been a PSL owner since the inception. I do realize that I may not be the target for your survey, based on the questions funneling to theoretical conclusions, but wanted to give you feedback, if that was not the intent.
Old 02-08-2012   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Win Superbowls. The Cowboys fans never shut up about Roger (Staubach), Emmit, Troy, etc. and # of Superbowl wins/appearances. They will never give up on the Cowboy fandom until the Texans win the big one AND THEY TEACH THEIR KIDS WHO TO ROOT FOR.

Right now Cowboys fans all over Texas are ridiculously proud of the Giants (an NFC East team) for winning it all and saying that other teams in other divisions don't even know how tough it can be. That kind of talk won't stop until the Texans beat EVERYBODY.

You can name them Texans, but you gotta win it all to win Texas.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #4
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21295 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hello Texans Fans,

Gary Wang

I'm taking the survey Gary, and I'm not being critical but here's my feedback...

As to "Why?" a Texans fan:
How can you "grow up watching the team?" I assume this is angled more for Cowboys fans. I grew up watching the Oilers and LOATHED the Cowboys--so which one does that make me?

"How would you rate Cowboys media coverage in your area?"
Which one do I check for: "TOO FREAKIN' MUCH!!!"

My biggest complaint (not on the survey) is that there needs to be MUCH MORE MERCHANDISING done for the Texans!

I've lived in:
Montana
Missouri
Colorado
And all over Texas

And there is Dallas Cowboys CRAP all of the U.S.
I can go to Beaumont and I'm lucky if I can find 1 or 2 different types of Texans cap. We need to ratchet up on Texans Gear!

More, more, more...

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #5
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

I would suggest you go to younger generation fans. The ones who have been Cowboy fans for decades will be harder to market too. They will never change.
The kids are who I would target.....because most have never seen the Cowboys in the Superbowl....they could be easier targets......
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

just win baby

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #7
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Need to penetrate the news media outlets and encourage them to provide more coverage. Maybe some payola, because that's the only explanation for why when the Sowboys are completely out of the playoffs, the SA market leads with a story about them before making a small mention about the Texans playing the Bengals?
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2012   #8
gdub
waterboy

Rep Power: 0 gdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respectedgdub is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys. The responses on this board are exactly what we're looking for. Blue, the one answer about growing up watching the Texans was a bad choice. I apologize for that.

Rush, We're definitely going to develop a strategy to engage the youth of the markets. Thanks again for the feedback. Any other comments about problems or solutions would be greatly appreciated.
gdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012   #9
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21295 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your feedback guys. The responses on this board are exactly what we're looking for. Blue, the one answer about growing up watching the Texans was a bad choice. I apologize for that.

Rush, We're definitely going to develop a strategy to engage the youth of the markets. Thanks again for the feedback. Any other comments about problems or solutions would be greatly appreciated.
On a different note gdub--there needs to be some professional stuff put out by the team in terms of highlights. I'm not really sure how to word what I'm thinking.

When you go to Youtube and type if "Houston Texans," there isn't a lot to look at. However, if you type in "Dallas Cow***s," you find all kinds of GARBAGE! We need more to get excited about, other than just merchandise. The introductions throughout the Cincinnati game for the defensive players (where they were flipping the hoods over their heads) was AWESOME! I've looked all over the net for it and can't find it anywhere.

More marketable stuff for social networks like Facebook would also be tremendous! I love to rep my Texans everywhere I go and I'd like to be able to link to more stuff on Facebook.

You better believe that we can't wait on BSPN to get our message, record, athletes, franchise out there. We'll all be in wheelchairs if we wait for them to give us cred. And I realize that only winning will get that done, but I'm just saying...we've gotta broaden the scope of the Texans nation!

My two cents...

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I filled it out even though I live in Boston

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read