Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2012   #1
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default To my Blue Crew family

Just wanted you all to know that as of TODAY I am joining the ranks of those who call themselves RETIRED! Not exactly sure how I feel about that, still reeling from the decision. BUT, no more excuses about "having to work" when you all have get togethers for out of town games! Having some health issues that warrented me making the decision and following through! IF I'm gonna live to see my TEXANS WIN a SB I gotta make some serious lifestyle changes, and that starts NOW.

Truthfully, I detest the word "retirement!" It's like giving up and calling it quits on a lifetime of hard work. BUT, I know that is not true. I'll just look at it as the beginning of a new chapter in my life, filled with love and passion for my family and friends.

I would not trade the past ten years for anything in the world! TEXANS football has brought me some of the best friends I have ever had, and I would not be who I am today without all of YOU!! I look forward to many more years of sweating it out on that parking lot with all of you, and I know in my heart that SOMEDAY I will celebrate a Texan SB win with my Blue Crew family!!

My THANKS to all of you for making me ONE HAPPY TEXAN GRANDMA!!

SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #2
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To my Blue Crew family

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Just wanted you all to know that as of TODAY I am joining the ranks of those who call themselves RETIRED! Not exactly sure how I feel about that, still reeling from the decision. BUT, no more excuses about "having to work" when you all have get togethers for out of town games! Having some health issues that warrented me making the decision and following through! IF I'm gonna live to see my TEXANS WIN a SB I gotta make some serious lifestyle changes, and that starts NOW.

Truthfully, I detest the word "retirement!" It's like giving up and calling it quits on a lifetime of hard work. BUT, I know that is not true. I'll just look at it as the beginning of a new chapter in my life, filled with love and passion for my family and friends.

I would not trade the past ten years for anything in the world! TEXANS football has brought me some of the best friends I have ever had, and I would not be who I am today without all of YOU!! I look forward to many more years of sweating it out on that parking lot with all of you, and I know in my heart that SOMEDAY I will celebrate a Texan SB win with my Blue Crew family!!

That's FANTASTIC news Sandy. Though the income may go down, so will your stress level. (now I just need to find a way to use you as a baby-sitter!) Congrats on hanging in there this long and enjoy your well deserved break!
Old 01-27-2012   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
That's FANTASTIC news Sandy. Though the income may go down, so will your stress level. (now I just need to find a way to use you as a baby-sitter!) Congrats on hanging in there this long and enjoy your well deserved break!
Just let me know Dan!! I'm a happy GREAT GRANDMA also!
Old 01-27-2012   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Way to go Sandy , it's a milestone . To me it just means that chapters over and the next one begins .
Old 01-27-2012   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Sandy, you take care of yourself so you can enjoy a long and happy retirement watching our Texans go to multiple superbowls!!!!!

We need to get that facebook group going we talked about in Baltimore.
Old 01-27-2012   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Old 01-27-2012   #7
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratulations! Enjoy the next chapter.
Old 01-28-2012   #8
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Sandy, I might not be Blue Crew'er... But that doesn't mean I can't wish you a happy retirement and that I wish you much happiness and that you enjoy whatever you chose to do now!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #9
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am here when you need me
Old 01-29-2012   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratulations Sandy! Enjoy the next chapter.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79683 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Gma, GOOOOO!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats Gma!! I'm sorry I missed this but CONGRATS nonetheless!!!!
Old 01-30-2012   #13
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 80689 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Congrats. I'm only about 20-30 years behind you gma!

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #14
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Congrats Sandy! Enjoy your time off!!!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #15
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 28861 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Now you will have lots of free time to make crack weenies for the games next year...
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #16
jjjezebel
¡Ay, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11835 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post
Now you will have lots of free time to make crack weenies for the games next year...
Hah! Don't think that's going to happen...

I know I hit you up on FB already Sandy, but Congratulations! You deserve it!
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjezebel View Post
Hah! Don't think that's going to happen...

I know I hit you up on FB already Sandy, but Congratulations! You deserve it!
Thanks Katie!!

Crack weenies are a PITA, but, worth the trouble! Need help, let me know!
Old 01-30-2012   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Congratulations, Sandy

Hope you have so much fun that you dont know what to do with yourself.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

So what you are saying is that you can be a full time ass-kicker now.

Excellent for you.
Old 02-08-2012   #20
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the health and stress level are the keys to your continued happy success. It takes a lot being a mom and grandmom and you will need to be happy and healthy for that no doubt. Enjoy your newfound life and like someone said here its like starting a new chapter in your life. Congrats and good luck in all your ventures, don't forget you can do new things and make a difference in someones life.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read