Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-03-2012   #21
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Radical Idea] Quin Back to CB?

When Wade came in he said he thought Quin could be a mediocre CB and a good safety. I'd argue he was better than mediocre at CB, but they're not going to move him back. He performed entirely too well at S to even think about it. Plus, the 3-deep at safety with Manning, Quin, and Nolan is too good to mess with.

The simple fix in the backfield is to add a better CB2. That's all it's missing.

If you have a 3-deep at safety with Manning, Quin, and Nolan and a 3-deep at CB with Joseph, FA/draft pick, McCain, you're pretty much set.
Old 02-04-2012   #22
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quin is a very good S. He's average at best as a CB. Because of his lack of speed. They should leave Quin at S and hopefully Harris will become the CB2 that he was drafted to be. Carmicheal is also a very good nickle CB and ST guy. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does next yr.

If Allen walks in FA I could see the Texans picking a CB in the 1st 3 rds.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012   #23
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If we do that, we should also move Mario to TE where he'd be a beast. You can never have to many TEs.
Personally, id use Mario as our goal line back. We have seen guys like Refrigerator Perry plow in from 1 yard out, but with Mario we have size AND speed! He would be unstoppable!
Old 02-04-2012   #24
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 47328 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Quin is a very good S. He's average at best as a CB. Because of his lack of speed. They should leave Quin at S and hopefully Harris will become the CB2 that he wasdrafted to be. Carmicheal is also a very good nickle CB and ST guy. I'mlooking forward to seeing how he does next yr.

Or, if we dump Mario, the Texans could let Allen walk but add a quality FA CB like Brandon Carr, Brent Grimes, or a more moderately priced guy like Richard Marshall.
Old 02-04-2012   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Or, if we dump Mario, the Texans could let Allen walk but add a quality FA CB like Brandon Carr, Brent Grimes, or a more moderately priced guy like Richard Marshall.
Yeah but the Texans cant survive without MW. (The Myian calender = MW walking= the world coming to an end.)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012   #26
jtexas
Veteran

Rep Power: 966 jtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respectedjtexas is a quality contributor and well respected

Even if Landry is cut, he will get a big check we cannot afford.
jtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012   #27
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Quin is a very good S. He's average at best as a CB. Because of his lack of speed. They should leave Quin at S and hopefully Harris will become the CB2 that he was drafted to be. Carmicheal is also a very good nickle CB and ST guy. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does next yr.

steelb, I thought Harris' lack of speed is what kept him off the field this season. At least that's what I've read.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
steelb, I thought Harris' lack of speed is what kept him off the field this season. At least that's what I've read.
Video of combine workout
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...Brandon-Harris

His 4.53 did not stop Wade from trading back up into 2nd round to get him.

SB Nation is the source I believe you refer to.
Old 02-04-2012   #29
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

He smelled at CB but played well enough at safety to be a useful backup.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012   #30
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

If you had another solid option to cover S, probably not Nolan I wouldn't mind seeing him move down as the nickel corner but other than that I really liked his play at S. The only thing I would like to see more of is INTs but I thought he covered and tackled very well.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #31
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I think they sign another corner before moving Quin once again.
This. I think Wade sees the potential for Quin to be a difference maker at safety. Theyre not going to move him.
Old 02-06-2012   #32
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

Quin is always out of position i don't like him and i think we need to go in another direction and draft someone to take over FS spot.
Old 02-06-2012   #33
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5502 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would we move the best safety we have ever had? He was one of the surest tackles last year. Also improves every year.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #34
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Please tell me where I'm all wet. I watched Quin make plays all over the field @ the safety position. Replay after repaly was Glover making a play. Kept hearing his name all season, and not for scweing up.

What's the problem with where he is and what he's doing? Seems to be doing a pretty good job to me.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012   #35
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Quinn at safety better than I like him at corner.

That said, he's not some great irreplaceable safety. He's good, not great.

We don't have to actively look to replace him right now, but if we happen to find someone better that fits within our budget I'm all for it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012   #36
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAROAH View Post
Quin is always out of position i don't like him and i think we need to go in another direction and draft someone to take over FS spot.
Manning is our FS.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read