Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2012   #35
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's your rankings of WRs in this draft class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
If I were looking for a slot guy - Wright would be my target without question .... But the Texans dont have trouble moving the ball between the 20's where a guy like Wright can help , their troubles are in the redzone. I want a guy who can cause problems in the there , a big target who creates a mismatch with smaller DB's on fades and crossing routes. A guy that you can throw it up and he'll go take it.
For my money , the reciever in this draft that most describes is Alshon Jeffery , second would be Michael Floyd.
We need the best player. Not a guy who just helps in the red zone.

All we've had are big WR's...Andre, Kevin, Jacoby...Hell, B.Johnson isn't small. Lestar Jean has a chance to stick next year and he isn't small.

OD is not really small...He's 6'3"...Dreesen is 6'4" and is a good box out jump up and catch the ball guy.

How often have we thrown the fade route to Andre? How often have we used Kevin Walters Big body in the EZ?

Even if we aren't throwing the jump ball type of passes, how often have you seen the back shoulder throw from a QB on the Texans roster?

The Texans have plenty of big targets. Hell, in fact that's pretty much all we've had. We don't utilize their size very often. The QB's need to improve on their redzone passing because we've been pretty mediocre at it. Our best RZ weapon has been Arian by far.

Id rather have a smaller more skilled guy than a bigger less skilled guy.

I would be happy with any of those top 4 or 5 receivers, but I would actually trade up for Wright if I had the chance.

Wright would not only help take pressure off of AJ, he'd also help take pressure off of OD in the middle of the field.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read