Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-01-2012   #61
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx
Default Re: 2012 Walterfootball Mock Draft.

I've been moving away from walters site as it pertains to draft analysis.
Also, in his latest draft, he doesn't think Dwight Jones is worth a pick in the first 4 rounds (I know he forgot about him, but I thought it was funny)
Old 02-01-2012   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
http://walterfootball.com/offseason2012hou.php

check out this! givens an in-depth look into the texans and what they need to do over the off-season.

nothing we didnt know already though
Quote:
Nose Tackle: This is the only weakness in Houston's front seven. The team needs a new nose tackle. Players who fit Wade Phillips' scheme possibly available in the second round are Josh Chapman and Brandon Thompson. The Texans also need defensive end depth, but acquiring a new nose tackle will allow Earl Mitchell to move outside.
I still do not understand this. We were the #2 ranked defense, #3 against the pass, #4 against the run.... Wade repeatedly says he doesn't need a big guy to play the nose. Wade says his NT will play the 1 gap... will be a penetrator.
Old 02-01-2012   #63
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I've been moving away from walters site as it pertains to draft analysis.
Also, in his latest draft, he doesn't think Dwight Jones is worth a pick in the first 4 rounds (I know he forgot about him, but I thought it was funny)
He's got Dwight Jones going #122 in the 4th round to New Orleans, one pick after we take Marvin McNutt at #121.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012   #64
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
He's got Dwight Jones going #122 in the 4th round to New Orleans, one pick after we take Marvin McNutt at #121.
He Mc be Nutts!! Sorry, I had to go there.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012   #65
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I still do not understand this. We were the #2 ranked defense, #3 against the pass, #4 against the run.... Wade repeatedly says he doesn't need a big guy to play the nose. Wade says his NT will play the 1 gap... will be a penetrator.
Sounds like the Texans will be drafting Mike Martin in rd 3/4.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012   #66
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
If only either of those two fall that far, I'd take either, in fact probably try to trade back up into 4th to take both. I have them in 2nd.
Old 02-03-2012   #67
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If only either of those two fall that far, I'd take either, in fact probably try to trade back up into 4th to take both. I have them in 2nd.
someone has to fall and it could be these guys.

I'm now hoping broyles slips down to the 4th because i see him as our future slot receiver. imo his a slightly bigger wright with slightly less speed but still very quick
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012   #68
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
someone has to fall and it could be these guys.

I'm now hoping broyles slips down to the 4th because i see him as our future slot receiver. imo his a slightly bigger wright with slightly less speed but still very quick
Jones and McNutt are solid second round selections and Broyles due to injury recovery time may fall to fourth. Players will not fall more than one round unless combine failure with few exceptions. For example if WR Jordan White moved into the second round all players below him just move down one spot.
Old 02-04-2012   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Jones and McNutt are solid second round selections and Broyles due to injury recovery time may fall to fourth. Players will not fall more than one round unless combine failure with few exceptions. For example if WR Jordan White moved into the second round all players below him just move down one spot.
Talent wise, how do you think these guys stack up against guys like Lestar Jean & Jeff Maehl?
Old 02-04-2012   #70
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Talent wise, how do you think these guys stack up against guys like Lestar Jean & Jeff Maehl?
I just have not seen enough of Maehl or Jean although both seem to have enough to stick on roster or PS. I 've just seen more of this draft's WRs than these two.
Old 02-08-2012   #71
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

New mock up

1. Michael Floyd-WR
2. Nick Toon-WR
3. Josh Chapman-NT
4. Trevor Guyton-DE/DT

I would be ecstatic if Floyd is there a #26 but afraid Texans would pass him up due to his DUI and legal problems of the past. Not Feeling Toon in the 2nd round and going back to back WR. Would prefer some d-line or o-line depth in the 2nd.
Naiirb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #72
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
New mock up

1. Michael Floyd-WR
2. Nick Toon-WR
3. Josh Chapman-NT
4. Trevor Guyton-DE/DT

I would be ecstatic if Floyd is there a #26 but afraid Texans would pass him up due to his DUI and legal problems of the past. Not Feeling Toon in the 2nd round and going back to back WR. Would prefer some d-line or o-line depth in the 2nd.
Have to agree about Floyd. Don't think the Texans will touch him even though he may be better than Jeffery, Sanu, and Wright. And I doubt they go WR in the first 2 rounds also. They've been having the Texans pick Chapman in the 2nd round for quite awhile now so I'm wondering what has made his stock fall. I know he had an injury (knee I think) during the season that he played through. Did he have surgery since the bowl game?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #73
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
New mock up

1. Michael Floyd-WR
2. Nick Toon-WR
3. Josh Chapman-NT
4. Trevor Guyton-DE/DT

Have to agree about Floyd. Don't think the Texans will touch him even though he may be better than Jeffery, Sanu, and Wright. And I doubt they go WR in the first 2 rounds also. They've been having the Texans pick Chapman in the 2nd round for quite awhile now so I'm wondering what has made his stock fall. I know he had an injury (knee I think) during the season that he played through. Did he have surgery since the bowl game?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #74
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
New mock up

1. Michael Floyd-WR
2. Nick Toon-WR
3. Josh Chapman-NT
4. Trevor Guyton-DE/DT

If we got floyd i will be ecstatic. easily my favourite player in the draft. but just havnt talked about him to much because i thought he would be out of reach and still do.

and i don't think houston will pass on him. his a team player with a couple of DUI no real big issue. his cleaned up his image this year a lot so i think houston would take him.
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #75
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
New mock up

1. Michael Floyd-WR
2. Nick Toon-WR
3. Josh Chapman-NT
4. Trevor Guyton-DE/DT

Floyd would be the ideal pick, as I think he's the second best WR in the draft, but I don't see him getting past the Browns @ 22. There are plenty of teams from 10-22 that would like to snatch up good WRs. Toon's kinda meh to me. He just doesn't strike me as a second round talent, although this is the later part of the round. Plus he was in the Big 10, and that was probably the worst big conference last year. I'd rather go o-line here. His teammate Zeitler would be ideal.

Chapman in the 3rd is also nice as he was mocked quite a bit as our 2nd round pick. Dunno what made him fall in Walter's eyes over the last couple weeks. I like the Guyton pick too, as we do need some DE depth.
Old 02-08-2012   #76
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 77701 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
New mock up

1. Michael Floyd-WR
2. Nick Toon-WR
3. Josh Chapman-NT
4. Trevor Guyton-DE/DT

Is it sad that I would rather the Texans pick up guys with weed charges than guys with DUI's? Seems like the weed guys fall far in the draft and then overperform a lot of the time.
Old 02-08-2012   #77
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Floyd would be the ideal pick, as I think he's the second best WR in the draft, but I don't see him getting past the Browns @ 22. There are plenty of teams from 10-22 that would like to snatch up good WRs. Toon's kinda meh to me. He just doesn't strike me as a second round talent, although this is the later part of the round. Plus he was in the Big 10, and that was probably the worst big conference last year. I'd rather go o-line here. His teammate Zeitler would be ideal.

Chapman in the 3rd is also nice as he was mocked quite a bit as our 2nd round pick. Dunno what made him fall in Walter's eyes over the last couple weeks. I like the Guyton pick too, as we do need some DE depth.
Agree on all points. Floyd #2 WR but three alcohol issues hard to over look for Texans. If he can prove sobriety AND a support system, maybe. My current personal mock is Wright, Zeitler and Chapman. I think Chapman's ACL was reason he dropped but was reason I now mock him in 3rd as unaware until injury brought out after his season. Ok With Guyton but I like Wolfe better and is my 4th with Jordan White in 5th.
Old 02-08-2012   #78
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agree on all points. Floyd #2 WR but three alcohol issues hard to over look for Texans. If he can prove sobriety AND a support system, maybe. My current personal mock is Wright, Zeitler and Chapman. I think Chapman's ACL was reason he dropped but was reason I now mock him in 3rd as unaware until injury brought out after his season. Ok With Guyton but I like Wolfe better and is my 4th with Jordan White in 5th.
Chapman tore his ACL? When did this happen??
Old 02-08-2012   #79
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
It was posted in one of the threads (mock or NFl forum I think). It stood out to me as he continued to play on it allegedly and I have done battle with many on MB all season as I did not see Chapman being as good as they did. He had little lateral movement and almost no drive into line if blocked. ANd I focused on him all season wanting to see what I was missing. Now how he played on that type of injury is a mystery. I 'll see if I can link but going to bed soon.
Old 02-08-2012   #80
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Here you go: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...ost_of_20.html

missed the Georgia Southern game to rest his injured knee
http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...an_josh00.html

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read