Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-31-2012   #61
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best Of 2012 Mock Drafts -

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I love Peads game even though he's a bit of a fumbler from what I've read.

I was fortunate enough to get to watch the practices. Fuller appeared to be very slow into/out of his breaks. His hands were the worst of any WR at the game. I question his straight line speed.

Hopefully for his sake he just had a bad week. Because if that's his best then he will be cut in training camp. IMHO
I could have sworn I watched a Cincy Bearcats game and the announcers said Pead didn't fumble much...

I can't find anything definitive but I found this: http://bearcatsnation.com/stats/

Where he didn't have any fumbles in 70+ carries. I don't think that is the complete season stats though...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #62
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I could have sworn I watched a Cincy Bearcats game and the announcers said Pead didn't fumble much...

I can't find anything definitive but I found this: http://bearcatsnation.com/stats/

Where he didn't have any fumbles in 70+ carries. I don't think that is the complete season stats though...
Yeah, gotta be careful there is a lot of misinformation out there. Pead looks like 2nd rd. material to me for a team desperate for return game, hint, hint. But I would probably wait, take a big ol' OL or CB & if he's still there in 3rd then he would be a Texan. Reminds me so much of Cribbs, bigger than most return men, physcial nature able to break arm tackles/shake off hits then builds up speed while picking his holes, always going downhill instead of side to side. Must be his RB dicipline.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012   #63
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I had to modify my mock after the Senior Bowl Week, some of my guys did poorly and fell and others did well and might not be available in the rounds I had them in.

1. Mohamed Sanu-WR from Rutgers, height, strength, speed, hands, good routes, athletic, etc... this guy's got it all. Obvious pick.
2. Kevin Zeitler-OG from Wisconsin, very strong, anchors well, decent quickness, and great size for the position. Can be our new starter at RG or LG.
3. Sylvester Williams-NT from UNC, good size, quickness, and athleticism for the position. He's a juniour and may be a little raw but should work well in a rotation with Cody. We can now move Mitchell to DE depth where his size dictates. If we can work out a trade like last year to get an extra 2nd round pick then I'll take Josh Chapman-NT from Alabama in the 2nd, even with the ACL surgery, but until that happens it's Williams in the 3rd.
4. A.J. Jenkins-WR from Illinois, decent size but not huge, good speed and athleticism, good hands, and runs good routes. Very good college production last season.
5. Mitchell Schwartz-OT from Cal, 4 yr. starter at OT 2 on each end of the O-line. I read he had a good Senior Bowl Week so he may move up the draft and this pick may take some luck in the 5th. Swing tackle/utility lineman, good depth.
6. Chris Galippo-ILB from USC, good size for the position and from LB University. He's a little slow but at ILB he shouldn't need to be real fast. Good depth behind Ryans. Better size than Sharpton and cheaper than Dobbins.
7. Sean Cattouse-SS from Cal, good size for the SS position, and only average speed. He's had average college production but should add some training camp competition. Hopefully make Barber and Keo expendable and is a backup to Quin.

UDFA's:
Chad Diehl-FB from Clemson, some people have him being drafted but he only does one thing and that's lead block, very rarely catches a pass or runs with the ball. He's a battering ram.
Kyle Martens-P from Rice, good length and directional Punting with LB size. I like Hartmann but don't know what an ACL injury does to Punters.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read