Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-30-2012   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What's your rankings of WRs in this draft class?

Do you have a list, from one to ten (or one to five, whatever) of the receivers in this draft class?

I'm thinking we may give points to all the names on all the lists (top choice gets ten points, second choice gets nine points, and so on.)

We can then tally (and update the scores) and come up with a final ranking maybe a week before the draft.

Since I'm only just starting, I'd like to ask everybody else who has a list to put it up.

Thanks!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #2
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's your rankings of WRs in this draft class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Do you have a list, from one to ten (or one to five, whatever) of the receivers in this draft class?

I'm thinking we may give points to all the names on all the lists (top choice gets ten points, second choice gets nine points, and so on.)

We can then tally (and update the scores) and come up with a final ranking maybe a week before the draft.

Since I'm only just starting, I'd like to ask everybody else who has a list to put it up.

Thanks!
Might be easier if you post it as poll question, that way it automatically tabulates itself.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Blackmon
2. Jeffrey
3.K.Wright
4.Floyd
5.Jordan White
6.Sanu
7. Joe Adams PR/KR skills included
8.Criner
9. J. Wright
10.T.Y. Hilton Pr/KR skills included

Honorable mention Toon,Randle,D.Jones,Streeter, Jenkins, Eric Page, Stephen Hill.

Hill is a former Ga. state sprint champ, who is 6'4 205 is a great blocker but has questionable hands. RD3-5 would be a steal. IMHO
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #4
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
1. Blackmon
2. Jeffrey
3.K.Wright
4.Floyd
5.Jordan White
6.Sanu
7. Joe Adams PR/KR skills included
8.Criner
9. J. Wright
10.T.Y. Hilton Pr/KR skills included

Honorable mention Toon,Randle,D.Jones,Streeter, Jenkins, Eric Page, Stephen Hill.

Hill is a former Ga. state sprint champ, who is 6'4 205 is a great blocker but has questionable hands. RD3-5 would be a steal. IMHO
Heh. As a Georgia Tech fan I'd say that's quite the understatement.

Hill makes Jacoby look like Larry Fitzgerald.
Old 01-31-2012   #5
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Heh. As a Georgia Tech fan I'd say that's quite the understatement.

Hill makes Jacoby look like Larry Fitzgerald.
LOL

Agreed

But it's not like Hill had Manning as his QB.
Old 01-31-2012   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Justin Blackmon- Top 5 selection, blue chip talent
  2. Michael Floyd- Ability to start immediately & produce
  3. Alshon Jeffery- Big, tall red-zone target who wins jump balls
  4. Kendall Wright- Pro ready, faster & stronger than expected
  5. Mohamed Sanu- He is more your slot, possession receiver with RB skills
  6. Juron Criner- Big Body, strong hands who will be productive early on
  7. Marvin Jones- After Blackmon could be playmaker of group
  8. Nick Toon- long, lean & fast can stretch the field, good genes
  9. Ryan Broyles- All around competitive coming off acl surgery
  10. Brian Quick- Another exciting big body, developmental, worth the wait

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Blackmon
2) Wright
2) Floyd
3) Jeffery

Those are my top 4 and I want one of them. I have Wright and Floyd being about the same with Jeffery right behind.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-31-2012   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

no matter this is a good list for what we need.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #9
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody check out Joe Adams, Arkansas WR, in Saturdays Senior Bowl ?
OK he's small, but is he ever fast and he's got good hands plus he's an excellent punt-returner. Kinda reminds me of Desean Jackson, Phillys receiver.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #10
Texaninlild
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4558 Texaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaninlild is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Texaninlild

I will take the Wright in the draft.

I am a Christian

Philippians 4:13
Texaninlild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #11
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Will weigh in (pun intended) after the combine.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #12
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

With so many WR's in this draft I can see Texans trading back for an extra 2nd rounder.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
  1. Justin Blackmon- Top 5 selection, blue chip talent
  2. Michael Floyd- Ability to start immediately & produce
  3. Alshon Jeffery- Big, tall red-zone target who wins jump balls
  4. Kendall Wright- Pro ready, faster & stronger than expected
  5. Mohamed Sanu- He is more your slot, possession receiver with RB skills
  6. Juron Criner- Big Body, strong hands who will be productive early on
  7. Marvin Jones- After Blackmon could be playmaker of group
  8. Nick Toon- long, lean & fast can stretch the field, good genes
  9. Ryan Broyles- All around competitive coming off acl surgery
  10. Brian Quick- Another exciting big body, developmental, worth the wait

Identical to my list in terms of talent and ability ..... Only real question on this group pre-combine is Floyd who may or may not drop due to off field issues and Broyles injury concerns - Should he perform at the combine he could move back up - whats the timetable on his recovery ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012   #14
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

BL,
Your list is a very good list. I'm interested to know what other draftniks top 5-10 look like.

Your list consists of young Hines Ward and Greg Jennings type WR's.

My List has Jennings/Antonio Brown type WR's. I think one way to quickly improve the ST's is to draft a TY Hilton/Joe Adams/Demps type slot WR that can play outside somme too.

Hopefully Floyd or Jeffrey are there late in the 1st. In the 3rd 4th rd taking a White/Hilton/Adams would be playing with house money. It would take the biggest weakness and turn it into a possible strength.

I'm going to put out a Texans post combine mock soon. Check it out and tell me what you think.
Old 01-31-2012   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
BL,
Your list is a very good list. I'm interested to know what other draftniks top 5-10 look like.

Your list consists of young Hines Ward and Greg Jennings type WR's.

My List has Jennings/Antonio Brown type WR's. I think one way to quickly improve the ST's is to draft a TY Hilton/Joe Adams/Demps type slot WR that can play outside somme too.

Hopefully Floyd or Jeffrey are there late in the 1st. In the 3rd 4th rd taking a White/Hilton/Adams would be playing with house money. It would take the biggest weakness and turn it into a possible strength.

I'm going to put out a Texans post combine mock soon. Check it out and tell me what you think.
Thats what Im hoping for as well .... Either of those guys would be a major upgrade at the #2 WR spot.

The only question I have is would the Texans front office take Floyd with his off field issues .... we have a WR On the roster with a history of DUI tho I think that guy (J.Jones) is gone as a cap casualty , especially if the team can find a serious upgrade in the draft.

Old 01-31-2012   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Which NFL teams might look for a receiver early, anybody knows?
Old 01-31-2012   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Which NFL teams might look for a receiver early, anybody knows?
St.Louis @ 2 may
Cleveland @ 4 or 22
I could see Jax taking one at 7 depending upon how they rate them and who's available.
Philly might @ 15 depending on the status of DeSean Jackson in FA.

Other than that I dont see a team with a real dire need at WR and I doubt all of those teams take one .... Then again maybe a team not listed thinks they find value at the position and un-expectedly takes one.

I would be real tempted to trade up for one of the top 3 - Justin Blackmon,
Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffery in the mid teens should they still be on the board.

Old 01-31-2012   #18
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Jets, Jags, Bears, Cinci, Cleveland, Rams, (Tradeback and lose Kalil, take Blackmon), Redskins, Patriots (good value at end of the round), and later (like second round) Panthers, Redskins, Cardinals, Steelers, Broncos.

Basically alot of teams will be looking to add a WR this draft with so many quality ones. I really hope the Texans don't wait to long to get one (or two) that fit
Old 01-31-2012   #19
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
St.Louis @ 2 may
Cleveland @ 4 or 22
I could see Jax taking one at 7 depending upon how they rate them and who's available.
Philly might @ 15 depending on the status of DeSean Jackson in FA.

Other than that I dont see a team with a real dire need at WR and I doubt all of those teams take one .... Then again maybe a team not listed thinks they find value at the position and un-expectedly takes one.

I would be real tempted to trade up for one of the top 3 - Justin Blackmon,
Michael Floyd or Alshon Jeffery in the mid teens should they still be on the board.
Would any of those teams have interest in DeSean Jackson; any rumors or semi-serious possibility?
Old 01-31-2012   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
Jets, Jags, Bears, Cinci, Cleveland, Rams, (Tradeback and lose Kalil, take Blackmon), Redskins, Patriots (good value at end of the round), and later (like second round) Panthers, Redskins, Cardinals, Steelers, Broncos.

Basically alot of teams will be looking to add a WR this draft with so many quality ones. I really hope the Texans don't wait to long to get one (or two) that fit
Similar to DeSean Jackson, what kind of receivers do those teams lose that requires replacement/upgrade?

Any of those FAs have a certain "rapport" with another team through coaches or players that may lead them to move to another team with need?

Is receiver their primary need (the teams that you listed) in the first round?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read