Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-29-2012   #21
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is it just me...

Like I have been saying in other threads. In Wade We Trust. He is the biggest signing last season. Of course, we did have enough talent to go at least .500 in 2010. You guys know the rest of the story. (Coaching, Coaching, Coaching)

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012   #22
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 154140 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Is it just me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
this is the reason Kubiak had so much heat from the fans the last two seasons before this one...the talent didn't just pop up out of nowhere this season. This is the first season in a few years where I don't think the team underachieved.
I agree, the talent has been there.... but not the quantity. Our back-ups (while I wouldn't say they could start for other teams) aren't the liability they used to be. Sharpton got hurt.... Demeco get's more time. Foster missed the first couple of games, our 2nd round pick from the prior year steps right in. James Casey gets hurt, Vickers.... a better blocker to begin with steps in.

Mario gets hurt again, two 2nd round picks step up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post

What happened this year was something many have been calling for since the second dismal year with Richard Smith. Hire a DC with a track record of fielding good defenses.

Point is they got a DC in who knows what they are doing and that IMO made the difference between another lukewarm .500ish season into one that gave us a playoff berth and win at home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Wade Phillips. That is what occurred.
Again, I think the talent thing had as much if not more to do with it. Before the season started, we lost Tim Bulman.... not a "great" talent, but a major part of our pass rush in 2010. Then we lose Barwin the very first game of the season.... who was Frank Bush supposed to turn to then?

Cushing was on maternity leave, then Demeco had his Achilles... I remember we signed a LB off the street on a Tuesday & he was playing starter's minutes that Sunday.

Wilson gets hurt (he appeared to have lost a step at the beginning of the season) we put Nolan in the game to cover Kj's mistakes.... blind leading the blind, they were both basically rookies with Bernard Pollard teaching them the finer points of covering WRs.

Yes, I'm much happier with Wade Phillips than Frank Bush, but Bush was a goat..... 2010 was more of a depth issue than a coaching issue.
Old 01-30-2012   #23
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
Well, in past years, we were all looking forward to the draft before the season ended. That didn't happen this year. I'm not even worried about who the Texans will pick this year. I'll watch with interest, but this year I'm more curious about the players picked rather than worried about fixing the team.
Some very good points in this post. It. Will be nice to draft for depth not need. They still have to make sound picks but it's not life or death as it has been for the last 10 yrs.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read