Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-27-2012   #1
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mock By Bucky Brooks NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-d...n=Twitter_news

Got HOU taking NT Dontari Poe
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #2
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mock By Bucky Brooks NFL.com

If I were Browns, I'd draft RG3 & his Baylor WR Wright and trade McCoy or keep him one year if contract restrains a trade
Old 01-27-2012   #3
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

If they want RG111 they better trade up!
Old 01-27-2012   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

It just shows he doesn't know our needs. He only has 3 WRs going ahead of that pick and in a very deep WR draft, there's no way in hell Hou passes on a WR if that happens.

Houston is taking WR round 1. It's really the only glaring need on this team.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #5
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Assuming we re-sign both Myers & Briesel.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
It just shows he doesn't know our needs. He only has 3 WRs going ahead of that pick and in a very deep WR draft, there's no way in hell Hou passes on a WR if that happens.

Not sure I agree; Poe in first with Dwight Jones in 2nd and either Broyles or Jordan White in 4th would meet our needs imo. In fact I just created a mock exactly like this with either a OG or DT/DE in 3rd.
Old 01-28-2012   #7
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If I were Browns, I'd draft RG3 & his Baylor WR Wright and trade McCoy or keep him one year if contract restrains a trade
Colt McCoy is a nice guy and might be a decent backup someday but I agree with BB here, the Browns would be foolish to pass on RGIII. McCoy is decent but he's no RGIII.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2012   #8
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Impressions....

The Rams would be fools to take Blackmon instead of Kalil. They need a LT bad and they need to upgrade their O-Line before they kill Bradford.

No way Griffin falls to #6. I expect one of St. Louis and Minnesota to trade out and someone take him #2 or #3. If the Rams take Kalil then I think the Vikings trade out or the Rams could trade out and take Jonathan Martin a little farther down.

Browns seems like a reach at #12 and Seattle has other needs.

I love Wilson, but would be surprised if he went as high as #21.

Hate the Poe pick, especially with the pick of the litter available at WR and more talented, ableit smaller, NT's available. Should take Sanu in 1st and NT in 2nd.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #9
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Wolverine... As much of a stud as Blackmon is, St. Louis needs to get Kalil to protect Bradford. Doesn't do a lot of good to have a stud WR if your QB can't stay upright long enough to hit him (reference A.J. and HWWNBN). They can find a decent WR in the second round.

And I'll bet Stephen Jackson will appreciate that selection also.

Lastly, if Alshon Jeffery is still available at 26, that's who we'll end up with. Wade got enough "welcome aboard" gifts last year.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #10
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1969 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Rams are in a tough spot, conventional wisdom says build that o-line to protect your interests. They tried to get their LT in 2009 with Jason Smith but that didn't turn out too well. They may as well go in full rebuild mold on the offense with OL and also get something for Steven Jackson while he still has value. Fisher should have the team above average in about 3 yrs.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not sure I agree; Poe in first with Dwight Jones in 2nd and either Broyles or Jordan White in 4th would meet our needs imo. In fact I just created a mock exactly like this with either a OG or DT/DE in 3rd.
I agree.

But I think it's just going to come down to how they have guys rated.

If a guy they have rated much higher than the other guys available falls then I think that will be our pick, save for a few positions.

If they have Poe and a WR both rated about the same I think we'll go WR. If they have the WR's rated as studs then I don't think we'll see Poe...

The draft this year will definitely be a lot more fun than it's been in the past.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Impressions....

The Rams would be fools to take Blackmon instead of Kalil. They need a LT bad and they need to upgrade their O-Line before they kill Bradford.

No way Griffin falls to #6. I expect one of St. Louis and Minnesota to trade out and someone take him #2 or #3. If the Rams take Kalil then I think the Vikings trade out or the Rams could trade out and take Jonathan Martin a little farther down.

Browns seems like a reach at #12 and Seattle has other needs.

I love Wilson, but would be surprised if he went as high as #21.

Hate the Poe pick, especially with the pick of the litter available at WR and more talented, ableit smaller, NT's available. Should take Sanu in 1st and NT in 2nd.
Much easier to add OL talent early 2nd than a premier WR like Blackmon.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #13
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81923 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
That O-Line is horrible. Add Kalil and move Saffold to RT and they're set at OT for years. Take whatever WR is left at the top of the 2nd round (Jeffery or Sanu, maybe Reuben Randle). I think Blackmon is overrated. Best WR in this class, but not a top 5 talent. Kalil is and they need a LT bad. I'm always in favor of building the lines before you go to the skill positions.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #14
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

The farther down the draft board you go, the more questions the potential draft pick has. Receiver is the position where we need to really optimize our chances of choosing the correct guy.

We can stand to miss on a NT or OG.

We NEED that receiver we take to be starting caliber, preferably this year.
Old 01-28-2012   #15
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77873 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Who is BPA?

Isn't that the question on a team that bad?

You need elite talent to compete in 5 years time when the whole team is ready.

Sacrificing elite talent now, for need will only end in mediocrity.
Old 01-28-2012   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What is a bigger need on this team... NT or WR? Every team that says they don't draft for need and draft for BAP is full of crap (unless you're in the top 5 and have a "franchise player" staring you in the face). Everybody drafts for needs and Houston will most likely do the same. WR is going to be the 1st round pick here. The Texans had a top notch defense and a top notch unit against the run with Shaun Cody at NT... although it's something that needs to be addressed, it isn't a glaring need for them and I think the fans have made it more of a need than the team actually feels that it is.
Old 01-28-2012   #17
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What's more valuable... a "premier" WR to throw to or a stud O-line that give you time to make your throws?

Having lived thru the HWWNBN years and seeing the offensive success our current O-line provided to Schaub, Foster, et. al., I'm going stud O-line. But that's just me.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
What's more valuable... a "premier" WR to throw to or a stud O-line that give you time to make your throws?

Having lived thru the HWWNBN years and seeing the offensive success our current O-line provided to Schaub, Foster, et. al., I'm going stud O-line. But that's just me.
Yes, but your forgetting a couple things. One, Texans OL is no longer holy like Swiss cheese. Two, there is a huge hole @ WR after Andre Johnson & this applies to any other team as well.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #19
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yes, but your forgetting a couple things. One, Texans OL is no longer holy like Swiss cheese. Two, there is a huge hole @ WR after Andre Johnson & this applies to any other team as well.
I think he was talking about the Rams and not Houston.
Old 01-28-2012   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure what the conversation above is about, but look at the 2009 Arizona Cardinals. Their defense was nowhere near as good as ours is right now, and they were able to blow away the playoff competition with Boldin, Fitz and some role players around Warner. They had a good o-line to protect the QB, something the Texans will have if they retain Myers and Brisiel, and are only missing an Anquan Boldin. If we got a guy like Jeffery, Floyd or Sanu, teams will double up AJ leaving that other WR open. Or they will double the #2 guy and we can throw to AJ 1 on 1. Or they double both of them and let Foster or OD slip out uncovered. It will be a nightmare for defenses if we get a legit #2. It's certainly the biggest hole in our team assuming Schaub can play next year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read