Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2011   #41
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
They should protest with their play on the field. By dominating the tacks and whoever they play in the playoffs will speak louder than words.
This!
Old 12-28-2011   #42
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster, Joseph named to the Pro Bowl; 9 voted as alternates

Why is AJ even on there? He has missed what, 9 games now? I realize he's awesome and all, but pro-bowl voting is supposed to be for accomplishments during the current year. Someone else should be that alternate, not AJ. In the interest of his hamstrings, I hope he doesn't go anyways.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #43
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with Mark Schlereth's take on this:

Fans are stupid, and so are the players. Let the coaches and GMs vote on this by themselves.
Old 12-28-2011   #44
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Why is AJ even on there? He has missed what, 9 games now? I realize he's awesome and all, but pro-bowl voting is supposed to be for accomplishments during the current year. Someone else should be that alternate, not AJ. In the interest of his hamstrings, I hope he doesn't go anyways.
I agree. No awards for being in the tub. Give it to someone who suited up every game.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011   #45
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Not to defend Jacoby but who else in the AFC had a halfway decent return guy. They're all in the NFC.
Even Josh Cribbs had an off year as a return guy. I guess they could have voted him in (Cribbs) on rep alone....
Wow your right, what an awful crop of return men.
Old 12-28-2011   #46
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

D. Brown, J. Joseph, and B. Cushing should all be STARTERS.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011   #47
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Phillips miffed by Cushing’s Pro Bowl snub
Posted by Nick Scurfield on December 28, 2011 – 3:15 pm

Texans inside linebacker Brian Cushing was left off the Pro Bowl roster on Tuesday, and Wade Phillips isn’t too happy about it.

Phillips, who returned to practice from a medical leave of absence on Wednesday, was beside himself about Cushing’s omission. After meeting with a crowd of reporters for a few minutes to discuss his health situation, the 35th-year NFL coach went out of his way to offer some unsolicited – and very passionate – comments about his playmaking inside linebacker.

“How Cushing didn’t make the Pro Bowl is beyond me,” Phillips said. “I mean, the guy’s got at least 160, 180 tackles by our count, which is coach’s count, which is the correct count. It’s not off the game where somebody sees – they don’t see how many plays he makes that are unseen unless you go back and you put the camera on it and you slow it down and you go in slow motion, he’s there going to be to make a play. I know a lot of people are deserving, but that guy is a holy phenom, now. He’s one of the best I’ve coached. I’ve been in it a long time. So, that’s my say-so.”

Going by Stats, Inc., Cushing officially has 110 tackles this season. That’s still 38 more than his next-closest teammate, safety Glover Quin. Cushing has more solo tackles (74) – again, according to Stats, Inc. – than Quin has overall (72). One has to wonder how much bigger the discrepancy is on Phillips and Reggie Herring’s stat sheets.

Cushing was one of nine Texans players who were chosen as Pro Bowl alternates, meaning they still could end up in the game if the players picked ahead of them drop out.

UPDATE: Here’s Cushing from the locker room on Wednesday afternoon, on if he’s disappointed about not being selected to the Pro Bowl: “Yeah, I am. I’d be lying to you if I said I wasn’t. I play this game to be the best and I’m never going to hide that. It only means one thing, there’s room for improvement. Obviously, they don’t think I’m good enough yet and I’ll continue to do it. As far as motivation and a driving force, this is going to be a big one.”

http://blog.houstontexans.com/2011/1...pro-bowl-snub/
Old 12-29-2011   #48
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by asleep View Post
Phillips miffed by Cushing’s Pro Bowl snub
Posted by Nick Scurfield on December 28, 2011 – 3:15 pm

Texans inside linebacker Brian Cushing was left off the Pro Bowl roster on Tuesday, and Wade Phillips isn’t too happy about it.

Phillips, who returned to practice from a medical leave of absence on Wednesday, was beside himself about Cushing’s omission. After meeting with a crowd of reporters for a few minutes to discuss his health situation, the 35th-year NFL coach went out of his way to offer some unsolicited – and very passionate – comments about his playmaking inside linebacker.

“How Cushing didn’t make the Pro Bowl is beyond me,” Phillips said. “I mean, the guy’s got at least 160, 180 tackles by our count, which is coach’s count, which is the correct count. It’s not off the game where somebody sees – they don’t see how many plays he makes that are unseen unless you go back and you put the camera on it and you slow it down and you go in slow motion, he’s there going to be to make a play. I know a lot of people are deserving, but that guy is a holy phenom, now. He’s one of the best I’ve coached. I’ve been in it a long time. So, that’s my say-so.”

Going by Stats, Inc., Cushing officially has 110 tackles this season. That’s still 38 more than his next-closest teammate, safety Glover Quin. Cushing has more solo tackles (74) – again, according to Stats, Inc. – than Quin has overall (72). One has to wonder how much bigger the discrepancy is on Phillips and Reggie Herring’s stat sheets.

Cushing was one of nine Texans players who were chosen as Pro Bowl alternates, meaning they still could end up in the game if the players picked ahead of them drop out.

UPDATE: Here’s Cushing from the locker room on Wednesday afternoon, on if he’s disappointed about not being selected to the Pro Bowl: “Yeah, I am. I’d be lying to you if I said I wasn’t. I play this game to be the best and I’m never going to hide that. It only means one thing, there’s room for improvement. Obviously, they don’t think I’m good enough yet and I’ll continue to do it. As far as motivation and a driving force, this is going to be a big one.”

http://blog.houstontexans.com/2011/1...pro-bowl-snub/
Good.
Sic 'em Cush! Sic 'em.
Take it out on everybody.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #49
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

NickScurfield Nick Scurfield
High praise for #Texans CB Johnathan Joseph in Hawaii today from his fellow AFC Pro Bowlers
3 hours ago

Steelers WR Mike Wallace on J Joseph: "#Texans got every bit of their money worth with that guy. He’s a great player."
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Darrelle Revis on Johnathan Joseph: "One of the best in the league. He locks on his guy." #Texans
3 hours ago

Champ Bailey on Johnathan Joseph: "He’s getting the notoriety that he deserves. His ball skills are amazing." #Texans
3 hours ago
Old 01-28-2012   #50
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Texans posters on J-Jo from the Summer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
He's a good corner in a run first division. Meh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmy View Post
Two Words; Ahman Green
Bonus!!!

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83395

EDIT: One more that False Start said about callers on the radio:

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
The Texan haters are out in full force today on the radio, knocking the JJ signing. They are of course knocking the Texans for being cheap for not signing Nnamdi. Some people are never satisfied.

Last edited by ThaShark316; 01-28-2012 at 02:32 AM.
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read