Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-26-2012   #61
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Talk Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I'll take Denver

1- Colts -Doppelganger
2- Rams-
3- Vikings- Section516
4- Browns- Dutchrudder
5- Bucs- TexansSeminole
6- Redskins- Aussie Texan
7- Jaguars-
8- Dolphins- RMartin65
9- Panthers- Timekiller
10- Bills- Texan4Ever
11- Chiefs- Honoring Earl 34
12- Seahawks-
13- Cardinals-
14- Cowboys- SteelBTexan
15- Eagles- Shaft75
16- Jets- kiwitexansfan
17- Bengals- Kaiser Toro
18- Chargers- Srrono
19- Bears- MistaRed
20- Titans-
21- Bengals- Kaiser Toro
22- Browns- Dutchrudder
23- Lions- Super Mario
24- Steelers- Wolf6151
25- Broncos- JCTexan
26- Texans- Group Selection
27- Patriots- Beerlover
28- Packers-
29- Ravens-
30- 49ers-Rey
I updated the list to add MistaRed to the Bears, anyone else see someone that was overlooked or forgotten? We still got a few teams left, someone pick em.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 01-26-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #62
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
We didn't allow trades last year, but did update the draft order as actual NFL trades were announced. There are still about 8 trades outstanding that the NFL or teams have not disclosed the details of. We may learn those details in the near future. So pretty much just don't pick the Raiders and you'll have at least 5 picks to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Forgot about that, there's a estimated comp pick list somewhere. If you wanted to include the comp picks.

The trade thingy just seems to mess the mock up. IMHO
Oh too bad. As the newly appointed GM of the Indianapolis Colts, I was willing to consider trades for the #1 pick in the draft!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #63
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Take me off please ... Give the Rams to either Texan4Ever or Rmartin65.

I just dont have time to do the research and dont want to half ass it.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012   #64
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take SD
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #65
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

bump
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #66
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see any reason to disallow selection of the Giants at this point. Order can be updated after the SB. 11 spots left, unless we let someone take the Texans. I suggest we make the Raiders group selection because they only have 2 picks which are in the 5th and 6th round.

1- Colts -Doppelganger
2- Rams-
3- Vikings- Section516
4- Browns- Dutchrudder
5- Bucs- TexansSeminole
7- Jaguars-
8- Dolphins- RMartin65
9- Panthers- Timekiller
10- Bills- Texan4Ever
12- Seahawks-
13- Cardinals-

14- Cowboys- SteelBTexan
15- Eagles- Shaft75
16- Jets- kiwitexansfan
17- Bengals- Kaiser Toro
18- Chargers- Srrono
19- Bears- MistaRed
20- Titans-
21- Bengals- Kaiser Toro
22- Browns- Dutchrudder
23- Lions- Super Mario
24- Steelers- Wolf6151
25- Broncos- JCTexan
27- Patriots- Beerlover
28- Packers-
29- Ravens-

30- 49ers-Rey
31- Giants-
32- Patriots- Beerlover

*- Saints
*- Raiders
*- Falcons
Old 01-27-2012   #67
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't see any reason to disallow selection of the Giants at this point. Order can be updated after the SB. 11 spots left, unless we let someone take the Texans. I suggest we make the Raiders group selection because they only have 2 picks which are in the 5th and 6th round.
]
I good with all of this. No trades though, that will just get crazy for no good reason....I say we run the 1st round, see how everyone feels about that and then continue through round 3 or 4. I don't particularly want to go 7 rounds unless I'm getting paid by the Panthers!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #68
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
I good with all of this. No trades though, that will just get crazy for no good reason....I say we run the 1st round, see how everyone feels about that and then continue through round 3 or 4. I don't particularly want to go 7 rounds unless I'm getting paid by the Panthers!!!
I think you have to go several because it reveals the percieved strengths of the draft .
Old 01-27-2012   #69
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

i'll take the rams!
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #70
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think you have to go several because it reveals the percieved strengths of the draft .
^^^^
This
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012   #71
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Agree with the no trades thing.

1 rd=LOL, if you truly feel this way you should drop out now.

This should be a comittment by all that have signed up. IMHO

Last edited by steelbtexan; 01-28-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2012   #72
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with not having any trades. We would all have to assemble war rooms and have friends to come over and work the phones. Just too much

I'll take two teams if I need to. But I'd like to take another that doesn't have many draft picks. Why not create a list of those dedicated enough to take two teams?

TWO TEAM LIST

1. Shaft75 - Falcons or Raiders
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #73
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 49476 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
I agree with not having any trades. We would all have to assemble war rooms and have friends to come over and work the phones. Just too much

I'll take two teams if I need to. But I'd like to take another that doesn't have many draft picks. Why not create a list of those dedicated enough to take two teams?

TWO TEAM LIST

1. Shaft75 - Falcons or Raiders
This happens every year. Then as it gets closer to the draft more fellow posters become interested, see the draft thread & think it would be cool to play, which should be a huge part since we are all in this to help our fellow Texan fans. If that becomes the case I would be willing to pull out. I've agreed to work with the boys on another mock joint venture exclusively Texans which is the only team I really care about anyway.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #74
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27437 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we should have a person selecting for the Texans, not group selection. Group selection sounds like alot of debating back and forth with the potential to really slow the draft process. Whoevers in charge, draw a name from a hat from among us and let that person be the Texans GM.
Old 01-28-2012   #75
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take the Rams or Ravens.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #76
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
1- Colts -Doppelganger
2- Rams- pbat488
3- Vikings- Section516
4- Browns- Dutchrudder
5- Bucs- TexansSeminole
7- Jaguars-
8- Dolphins- RMartin65
9- Panthers- Timekiller
10- Bills- Texan4Ever
12- Seahawks-
13- Cardinals-
14- Cowboys- SteelBTexan
15- Eagles- Shaft75
16- Jets- kiwitexansfan
17- Bengals- Kaiser Toro
18- Chargers- Srrono
19- Bears- MistaRed
20- Titans-
21- Bengals- Kaiser Toro
22- Browns- Dutchrudder
23- Lions- Super Mario
24- Steelers- Wolf6151
25- Broncos- JCTexan
27- Patriots- Beerlover
28- Packers-
29- Ravens- WolverineFan
30- 49ers-Rey
31- Giants-
32- Patriots- Beerlover

*- Saints
*- Raiders
*- Falcons

I added Pbat488 and WolverineFan. There's a few teams left guys.
Old 01-28-2012   #77
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 16928 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't mind taking on two teams however, there are several board members that want to participate that don't get a chance so I think we should allow them to take part. Afterward, we should allow people to double up if we have teams remaining.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #78
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

If you need me to take 2 teams I can take the Cards or Jags as a 2nd team.
Old 01-28-2012   #79
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

In previous years one of two things happen.

After a couple of rounds people start to drop out and a hardcore group take a couple of teams and do it over again.

or

After a couple of rounds people drop out and the dedicated people take on extra teams and finish it off.

Either way, we all know that everyone signed up isn't committed to do the whole 7 rounds, while some are.

Does it come down to a question of letting someone make 2 picks and then we debate about someone taking that team over, or do we just give the extra teams to dedicated drafters now and cut out the fuss?
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012   #80
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
In previous years one of two things happen.

After a couple of rounds people start to drop out and a hardcore group take a couple of teams and do it over again.

or

After a couple of rounds people drop out and the dedicated people take on extra teams and finish it off.

Either way, we all know that everyone signed up isn't committed to do the whole 7 rounds, while some are.

Does it come down to a question of letting someone make 2 picks and then we debate about someone taking that team over, or do we just give the extra teams to dedicated drafters now and cut out the fuss?

For this reason why don't we only do 4 rounds. The late round guys could go anywhere from 5th -7th rounds and aren't that important anyway, though they bring good depth.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read